The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Need a plastic box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I think I found something that will work (the box I ordered from TAP didn't!). WalMart has a 3 1/2 inch two-piece photo cube - I just cut off one side. Then, right next to it even, was a 4-in sq by 6-in tall photo "cup". Slightly tapered, but if I cut it off about 1/2-in from the base, it'll make a pretty good lid.

Next question - both my Dremels are burned out, but I have a 3-speed RotoZip. I also still have the cutting tips and the cut-off wheels from the Dremels. D'ya think that's okay for plastic? No table saw available.

Ed
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2009-09-14 12:12, tabman wrote:
Sounds like a plexy photo cube if you're looking for something open on one side. Should be able to get from maybe Walmart for a few bucks if they still make them or google one up.

-=tab

Photo cube from Walmart. That's great..
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Quote:
On 2009-09-28 18:48, tabman wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-09-14 12:12, tabman wrote:
Sounds like a plexy photo cube if you're looking for something open on one side. Should be able to get from maybe Walmart for a few bucks if they still make them or google one up.

-=tab

Photo cube from Walmart. That's great..

Yeah - didn't listen before because I couldn't see to get the top. Then I saw the other thing right next to it and everything clicked!

Story of my life - a few pieces shy of a full puzzle!
Ed
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2009-09-28 19:38, Ed_Millis wrote:
Story of my life - a few pieces shy of a full puzzle!
Ed

My daddy always said he was a "day late and a dollar short!"
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com