The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Linking Hangers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Pete,

I'm from Alabama. So I won't even guess what a "Hungarian" is.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Family is from Budapest. As you may not know it is actually two cities on the Danube river... Buda and Pest. We are from the Pestside. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Cane and Able
View Profile
New user
The Great White North
82 Posts

Profile of Cane and Able
You can also find Caveney's Impromptu version on a Convention at the Capital video. Can't recall which one.
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
I just got Caveney's linking coat hangers and you're better off buying a set from him than trying to find some and making your own. Caveney has a nice DVD that now comes with the set.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17430 Posts

Profile of joseph
Wow, for $5, you can get the Cavaney routine ... (with gimmick) ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5456 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Joseph, The $5.00 routine is not the full size, heavy duty, metal coat hanger routine with props. It is the "imprompu" routine that really fried spectators 20 plus years ago. The gimmick is clever and can be used (with real care) fairly close (maybe up to three or four feet). It is a two hanger routine. You provide your own coat hangers (borrow them at the home you are visiting).

It is well worth looking into.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17430 Posts

Profile of joseph
Right....You just get the gimmick and routine, but no hangers...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5456 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
And it is not the same gimmick as found in the "Linking Coat Hangers" being discussed here. It is way different. The Linking Coat Hangers are more along the line of the linking rings. The Impromput version does not use the same methodology at all. Not even close.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
igam
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of igam
I bought one of Mike's eariest sets of Linking COat Hangers (#35, I think) and have used them with much success, ie. I get good audience response and many times I'm re-booked during conversation about the coat hanger routine.

I've experimented with all kinds of hangers over the last 25 years and none are as good as a set from Mike. Save your time, effort and money. Buy Mike's set and get his DVD. Then, learn your own routine and it will serve you well for many years.

Best wishes to all!
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
I've always been tempted by these hangers, but how strong are they, and do they look plausible?
Regards,
Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Just get 'em... they are professional grade.
japanmagic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of japanmagic
Here is a TRIX - Japan routine that comes with professional grade and dvd video to create many shapes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vkTTxVQVtQ

Various shapes:
Top of castle (or mountain top), bird, cooking pot, robot, scissors, sumo wrestler, trophy, big bird, top of temple (or bug), pyramid, bird flying, & turtle.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Is this a product availiable in Japan,
do they have the rights / permissions to manufacture the set?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
This is very interesting with that odd shape out near the ends. I would also say say the key ingredient is different than the one I created (which had its inspiration from Andrus's pins) and was also used on the Caveney sets.
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
Japan routine is very nice, it is hard to find any video of the hangers being performed. The above link is the only one I have found. anybody know of any others?
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
japanmagic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of japanmagic
Here are more shapes that can be created with the TRIX Linking Clothes Hangers with Yasukazu Nishiro's routine dvd demonstration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WTA9nAoKPI

See if you can see the various shapes:
Top of castle (or mountain top), bird, cooking pot, robot, scissors, sumo wrestler, trophy, big bird, top of temple (or bug), pyramid, bird flying, & turtle.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17430 Posts

Profile of joseph
An instructional dvd on that routine would be great...and a lot of fun practicing...
natmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
301 Posts

Profile of natmagic
I've used Caveny's Coat hangers for years - probably over 15 years now and they are fantastic. I own two sets just in case one day he doesn't make them anymore! Mine have gone through thousands of performances and are still in great shape - a little scratched but they look like real hangers. I have on VHS somewhere a performance of the hanger routine by David Copperfield (using Mike Caveney's routine) - this was many years ago!!
My routine is completely different than Caveney's. I have seen some well known magicians try and perform his routine - all of them flop! The only person who can do the routine justice is Caveney. I came up with a completely different routine and it goes over very well. The routine I do fits me and probably wouldn't work for Caveney. This is how magic should be anyway!
ladirector
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of ladirector
The Caveney set is well made, great routine, clear instructions, obviously produced with Biro (the creator) permission, and readily available. Why even try to make your own?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
NO question, Cave has developed a very solid, commercial routine.