The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Little fly-looking parasite / Mite and Lice problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
London Uk
139 Posts

Profile of WKM
I hve an avairy out side. I never see birds on top of it though. I think that is due to there being a lot of cats around.

They tend to ignore my doves, cos they know they cant get in, and my doves ignore them too. It tends to work out quite well.

I once saw a cat on top of my shed though, basking in the sun! Crazy as it may sound, getting a cat may solve this problem. Failing that, you can always get a decoration to go on the Apex if you have one. (I can't remember the real name, but I will post it if I do...)

It looks pretty and makes it harder for birds to pearch. They put them on top of greenhouses and conservatories to keep the glass on the roof free of bird droppings from pearching birds.

You may be able to get the same thing in wood.
Liam Ball AIMC*
The Gentleman Magician
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
A clear fiberglass corrugated roof works well. (Looks like a sheet of corrugated tin, just like on country sheds, only it is clear.) Just slant it, maybe hinge it, and the wild birds have a hard time perching. Plus, the foreign poop cannot make it inside your bird's cage. Although, sparrows can get inside if your bars are the size of chicken wire holes or bigger. They love to eat dove food and can carry mites and flys.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Jarana
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Jarana
Thanks again wkm and Autum - will follow suggestions !

Jaime

Posted: Sep 28, 2006 11:59am
Autumn,

Talked to the fox pigeons supply guy - he recomeded Permectrin II - I got my order delivered 2 days ago - although I have not seen the fly again- I think it will be good to use it anyhow. Question- Have you used this before- if so it says to mix 1/2 oz with 1 gallon - should I put this in a spray and spray them- or in a bowl and dip the birds inside the water?

thanks

Jaime
Got a website? We can help--> www.clorus.com
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
I have not used this preparation before, Jaime. Why not call the guys at Foy's pigeon supply again (either toll free or online) and see what they suggest. If they accidentally drink the mixture it might be a problem. My birds love to drink the water in their bath.

If you spray it just try and make sure they do not inhale much. It is always this way with any pesticides. The less ingested, the better. Still, better call them to see what they suggest. If you do dip them, make sure they don't drink it.

You might be able to control it better with a spray, applying it closely and putting the spray nozzle under (and in between) the feathers. Let me know what they suggest.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Jarana
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Jarana
Thanks Autumn, as soon as I talk to them I will let you know.

:)

Jaime
Got a website? We can help--> www.clorus.com