The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Black's Magic PK Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
The debate over "originality" is a bit silly, in my mind, because the concept of magnetic rings has been around for a long time. So for me it comes down to issues of style, power and performance. What meets your needs?

I wasn't planning on getting one, but I keep running into situations where I could use one...not only for magnetic effects...but to do Pinnacle with rubberbands. Like "Airship", my fingers are a bit beefy. My ringsize has been 10 1/2 forever...until now it's 11 1/2. I'd sort of like a ring that is easy to put on and off. No, I don't want it to fall off my finger...but I'd like it to be easy to remove.

I'm just a little worried about the top size being a 12. Seems like I'm cutting it a little close on that. So I sure hope they come up with one a bit larger. I think the curved edge design is far better looking and less obvious.

Power is another non-concern to me. While a minimum amount of force is necessary, I don't plan on moving imported cars or bars of steel with this thing. A shimmed coin/card...that sort of thing. I suspect either will do. My grandmother's arthritis ring she's had for years would work...although it won't even fit on the tip on my pinky.

I'd like to know if there is an update on the possibility of larger sizes so I can join the mayhem.

BooRadley
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Great posts; nice for people to chime in. My regrets for not staying on here, I am away with the US Army preparing for deployement and our book tests have been keeping me pretty busy when I do have extra time. Yes, we ARE getting bigger sizes. Have the 12s and I think we are going up to 14s. Will let you know.

Sal: Thanks for the kind words. Troy and I do our very best; we are far from perfect, but we will do all we can to help you out.

Warm regards,

James
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2006 Posts

Profile of tbaer
James, I pm'd you with 2 questions if you don't mind answering. Thanks. Tom
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Another note: I recently started taking a new medication that has apparently changed the PH of my skin, because my Wizard PK Ring has now turned my finger green! Needless to say, I am no longer wearing it every day.

Does the Black's ring have a coating that would prevent this?
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2006 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Is Black's ring magnetically stronger than the PK ring? I see the PK ring now is out with the band style with 25 percent more magnet strength. Does anyone know if Black's is just as strong as the new band style PK ring?
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Just back...

Airship: Oddly enough, we are working on that now. No complaints re this problem, but we wanted to be preventative just in case. We are trying two kinds -- a clear coat and teflon. As we are on the verge of signing a large deal, I wanted to make sure the coatings are protected, etc.

Tbaer: PMd you, but I can't say for sure; we do not stock the Wizard. All I know is this, EVERYONE who has both likes ours better. That isn't fluff, that is a fact. We have countless emails to this effect. At the end of the day, if you do not like it, you can return it. ;-)

James

Posted: Jul 2, 2006 9:38am
----------------------------------------
BooRadley,

No, you will not be able to move cars with the ring as you noted, but they are strong enough to do some nice effects. The only way to know is to play with one. Since we are not money hungry and know some people will not feel it works for them (so far nobody has returned one) you can send it back if you like.

JC
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Blacks Magic shop has been making these rings for several years. But they have been used in other applications. Magnetic therapy any one. Blacks rings are sleeker, THey look like a ring a normal person would wear. Unfortunatly, I cant get one for my finger though. Because Blacks magic and PK Wizard don't have rings that are a size 16.
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
I got a PM or email about the possibility of a larger size...not size 16 mind you, but a larger size...like a 12.5 or 13 which would likely work well for me. I've held off ordering hoping that this was/is a possibility. I don't see it on the website...

Let me know...I'm anxious to join in the fun!

BooRadley
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Sizes 13 and 14 on the way!
They've been made, just have to get them in now.
Will keep you informed. 16, holy sh$t man. If the demand is there, I will get them done. That simple.
James
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Hey, thanks james. I have an abnormally large hand. So I cant be mad that they don't come in my size. I work at the US Toy magic shop in Kansas. Our manager called about a demo I think. I almost called back to find out the possibilities of a large ring.
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
175 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
I have the new PK rings, I had two of the old wide style, the medium was a fraction too tight on my wedding band finger, and the larger a fraction too big but wearable, so I didn't really wear the one I kept (larger old style) for long periods, I ordered two of the new style recently, and found the slimmer version in medium a much better fit, almost perfect, now I am a medium new style as opposed to old style large.

The width of the rings really does make a difference in comfort, the new style large seems huge to wear compared to old style although actually same size, its the width, it does make a difference, if your have sausage fingers, try the new style largest size!

I have swapped and changed on numerous occasions, and the guys in the UK at Wizard have been totally helpful, messed my orders up a few times with chosen colours etc, but always resolved to my satisfaction.

We got there in the end.

I would love to try the Black rings, but as the sizing is obviously a problem with this type of product, I'm gonna give it a miss unless there is a UK supplier as the postage would be horrendous if I had to change the item to find a correct fit a few times.

And unless its considerably stronger, then the new style Wizard rings, of which I have three now in same size gold, will keep me going for a while.

Airship, as for the PH of your skin, if for some reason your ring is turning your finger green, simply use a coating of clear nail varnish on the inside of the ring, this gives it a protective layer, that you will have to top up on occasion but does the trick.

MC
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
MC, I've heard about the nail polish trick, but being a single straight guy, I actually don't have any on hand; I didn't think to keep any after my wife died, though I did remember to keep some nail polish remover. Still, I suppose it's useful for lots of things, right? Too bad they don't sell it at the hardware store. Smile

I'd order the new bigger Black's ring right away, but I have another ring sizing problem right now, one that I've hoped to have for a long time - I'm actually losing weight! I recently went on the new diabetes drug Byetta, and it has the happy side effect of suppressing appetite and enabling weight loss. I've lost 30 lbs. in just 6 weeks, and I have a friend who has lost 100 lbs. in 3 months! He's calculated if his losses keep going at this rate, he'll weigh 26 lbs. by Christmas. So I'll probably have to wait until next year sometime to see what size I end up. And since I'll have to replace my whole wardrobe (yes!!) a PK ring will have to come last on the list. But that's a good thing!
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Airship: Congrats man! That is great news...

Here's the deal, get one of ours when you can. FOR LIFE, you can send it back for a new size so long as you pay shipping. Keep losing that weight; that is fantastic brother.

Heck, you get down enough and I will send you one for FREE!

James
http://www.blacksmagicshop.com
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
Let us know when the larger sizes arrive. I just checked the website and the 12 is still the largest size listed. Thanks for the responsive action. It's appreciated.

I'll try and lose some weight like airship!

BooRadley
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Hi James,
I've pm-ed you and waiting for your reply
Maps
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Good news... we just coated them all! We just got the first shipment in; can't even tell but we are confident (not that it was even needed) that the wear will be reduced because of it. Just an update.
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Okay, we will be adding the larger sizes soon; they passed customs, so we are just waiting on them. DANG it took a long time.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
Which ring should I buy for charles gaucis bodylanguage .
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I recently picked up BM's ring and have been using it with great results. Having bought the gold colored ring, it really does look like a wedding band and as James says, "not a piece of pipe cut off". I have really been happy with my purchase and after reading the postings here and James' lifetime warranty and return policy, I know I have made the right choice. By the way, for what it's worth, I purchased it from Steven's and I respect Joe's opinions for steering me in the right direction for this purchase. By the way Wally, either of these rings will work great for CG's Body Language. I just prefrer the look of a natural wedding band and the comfort of wearing the ring that BM's afford.

Snidini
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
175 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
Would you believe it, for once this year we have had some nice warm and sticky weather here in the UK, and guess what, my finger turned green wearing the PK new style gold ring!

Gonna try out my own tip of the clear nail polish, its an old trick, but I'm now interested in the Blacks rings, I want something I can wear all the time, and have a backup as "best" for when performing.

It took me ages to find the correct size with old and new style rings and the guys at Wizard PK Rings in the UK were more than Helpful, the wizard rings fit differently depending on which you buy because of the widths of the designs of each, I wore an old style large perfectly but in the new style, I am a Medium and the large is massive on my fingers.

Can anyone advise me which size I need if a Medium New Style Wizard fits correctly?

Please advise, I don't mind buying from the US, but if it becomes a swapping routine, it could become very costly in carriage.

Cheers

MC