The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: SAW by Sean Fields (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Got my copy today.

First things first, like any effect, don't just by it because it's "hot" or looks cool. Make sure it will fit you and your act. That being said, and if you agree with the former criteria, SAW ROCKS.

Sean, as usual, presents a well explained, well thought out, and a simply beautiful illusion.

The DVD contains four variation effects, all of which are stunners. This truly is a gem. I don't buy stuff often and I seldom add others' effects into my real world performances. But this is going in.

There's always specualtion on how an effect is done. If you think you've figured out the latest trick on the market, great. Fantastic. Keep it to yourself. I had a good idea how this was done but I bought it anyway. Why? One, I respect Sean's work. Two, I develop most of my own material and recognize the trial and error it takes to perfect an effect. Some of those errors must be learned in the real-world.

So even if I nailed the method and recreated it on my own, I would still buy it. Simply put, another magician's experience is much more valuable to me then methods.

So if you know this effect will fit you, get it. Hands down one of my all time fav's. Plus, SAW is a blast to practice in the mirror.

Thanks Sean for releasing this.
funstuff
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of funstuff
Ordered mine 2 days ago, cant wait to get it. Smile
Silvert0ne
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Silvert0ne
Bloodkin, thanks for the review! I have a quick question, is it something that you can do seemingly impromptu? Could you set it up, go do some other effects/tricks then perform SAW or would have to do it right away? How long to reset?

Thanks again!
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
You could go around doing other effects, and then when you want to do it, you can.
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Yup, once your set, you're good to go.
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Hey Bloodkin,

I appreciate your respect for all the developmental work that goes into creating a "marketable" effect. You're right. It's not just "method" but the experiences leading to an effective effect/presentation that is what creates a really entertaining piece for the audience.

I hope to get SAW soon. Thanks for the review.

Bosco
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
No problem. I'm sure you'll like it. This is just so much fun to practice.
Castle2369
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston, MA
207 Posts

Profile of Castle2369
This effect sounds teriffic, thanks for the info bloodkin.

Best Wishes,

Erick Castle
Creator of the Gallerian Bend
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Sean, I can't see a thing on your website. The font is so small and hard to read. Gotta fix that.

I am interested in finding out about other effects. Do you sell them yourself or do you only go through dealers?
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
No problem Erick. I was actually just practicing this again. Just looks awesome.

mrbilldentertainer,
I don't think Sean has a store set up on his site, but you can find most of his stuff at E or HP.

I highly recommend his books.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
How can you tell, it is like reading russian for me. Anybody else have the same problem with his site?
johnra
View Profile
Elite user
oklahoma
450 Posts

Profile of johnra
I think whats on seans site is just to re direct you to other sites to buy his products. You can find all his products at http://www.hocus-pocus.com and ellusionist has a few that you can get also.
John
John Shackelford LIVE!!!
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Yea, that site is FUBAR'D. For this I apologize.

As I type this, one of my designers is working on a new site, one that WORKS! When the new site is up, it will have all available products, complete with some form of store front, demo videos, the whole nine yards. For now, you can find my products at your favorite dealer.

Sean
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Any demo vids of Saw ???
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Yeah one Ellusionist but its more like a teaser you don't really see much of the effect.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Mine arrived yesterday from Hocus-Pocus. It is INCREDIBLE!!! Sean has again proved he is up there with the best of todays magic creators. Sean has a rare gift for creating exciting, visual and memorable magic. The DVD is very well produced as usual, and there are four parts, each with explanations to each part. Th first one is SAW, the general performance of pulling it through your neck and back out. This looks great, and Sean looks Funky Smile. It is very well explained and Sean goes into all the safelty precautions that are needed, he makes sure you are totally prepared and ready to perform it. The next performance is with a lifesaver sweet. YOu take one in your mouth and swallow it, perform SAW, and when you rip the thread out of your throat, the sweet is threaded on th thread. This looks very visual and magical. Again, Sean teaches this in great detail and doesn't miss a thing out. The next performance is Sean pushing it into his throat and pulling it out the other side. This is again well explained, but one that I don't think I will personally use, though it does look great. The last performance which will freak many people out, and is similar to David Blaines thread through stomach. It this version, you swallow a length of thread and pull it out of your throat. Again, this is brilliant magic.

All in all, a great purchase. Like all Seans work, this is brilliant, and a true worker. I will use this all the time, and I thank Sean for releasing this, totally EXCELLENT!!!!!!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
How visual is this? I didn't get a good idea from the Ellusionist demo since it was pretty far away. And how close can the spectators be without knowing how it's done?

Thanks!
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
This is really, really, really visual. You get a pretty good idea how close people can be from practicing in the mirror. They can be real close. I'll be breaking this out in a live performance probably next week.

This really is fantastic.
Larry Beckwith
View Profile
New user
Boise, Idaho
20 Posts

Profile of Larry Beckwith
Just recieved my SAW today. Great DVD!!

I performed SAW and I must admit, the illusiion looks unbelievable!

The DVD comes with differen variations of the Effect, Choke, Trachea, Suture, all aiding the illusion of Saw, also a letter from AOImagic.
sqn816
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of sqn816
I love this trick!...so far my reactions are...thats disgusting! or does that hurt? and most just look away then back...awesome effect!