The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Extreme Rubber Band Magic - Joe Rindfleisch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
Good dvd some knew and cool effects that are perfict for the real world.
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
I have, "Extreme Rubber Band Magic," by Joe Rindfleisch - lots of wonderful effects and the explanations are clear. Although I haven't worked through the whole dvd, the effects I have seen are practical and useful, and most of the them can be learned by magicians at all skill levels.
I use rubber band effects for kids and impromptu. Carry a few bands with you and you are all set.
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
California
130 Posts

Profile of milamber
I learned my initial rubberband magic from Michael Ammar's "Classic Renditions vol. 2" a year or so ago (which by the way, has a very good overview on CMH).

I also like "Pinnacle", and have been practicing some other ring and rubberband effects by Daniel Garcia from "Next" (his lecture notes).

I received BandShark by Dan Harlan for my birthday by a friend of mine although I haven't jumped into any of the material yet.

I am interested in learning more about rubberband magic but is "Extreme Rubber Band Magic" by Joe Rindfleisch too complicated for a relative novice rubber band practitioner? If not, would you recommend I work through BandShark prior to investing in ERBM?

Thanks,
Steve
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5211 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I got a question about fillers in this DVD, but: No, I don't think the DVD includes any "fillers", most of the 35 effects are very good. Every single effect is worth practising, they are real tricks for real life!
Some effects are very extreme and some are hard to master.
If you like rubber band magic don't miss this DVD.
This is quality magic !
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
One question, why are so many of these DVD's being sold in the DVD For Sale section. That's kind of curious so soon after the launch. I could assume they learned what they needed and are now selling it, but there do seem to be quite a few doing it.
Law
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Law
Quote:
On 2005-08-09 14:00, n3cromanc3r wrote:
why are so many of these DVD's being sold in the DVD For Sale section

My own assumption is that people buy it, rip it, and sell the original.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
This DVD is excellent !
The only downside for my performance is that a lot of tricks need a handful of bands around the wrist. For casual performance like I do, it is a little downside.
I am more like "Ho a rubber band, let me show you a trick...."
But tricks are so powerful that I just need to have those band on wrist Smile

Nicolas
mhailes
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of mhailes
Excellent DVD,

Got it last week, I'am watching some of it at least daily.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Yes, it's a very good dvd. I love rubberband magic. I have all of Dan Harlan's rubberband dvd's. My favorites include the Jo-Dan link followed by doing it on a spectator's hand. Killer!! I've done Bar Band, Smarty Pans, the one with the linking pin.. so much magic you can do with rubberbands. Of course, it compliments well with Crazy Man's handcuffs. Definitely a whole lot of material to use.

If you guys don't like having too much rubberbands on your wrist, I usually wear a long sleeve shirt. It covers up pretty well. Smile
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
I am so happy that people are enjoying the material, thank you all for your kind words.

Nice Comment VcosNJ about the sleeves that can provide great cover when performing effects that utilize the camouflage principle.

Joe Rindfleisch
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Yep, sleeves make it easier to do the camouflage. And Reindfleisch, you're the man! I love your dvd. I hope to see more of your work.
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
3 more DVDs to be released!! I think louis (L&L Publishing) wants to spread them out. 1 Dvd on coins (around 34 effects)and 2 dvd's on card magic. I've packed a lot of effects into the dvd's because I want people to feel that their getting their money's worth.

Joe Rindfleisch
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Quote:
If you guys don't like having too much rubberbands on your wrist, I usually wear a long sleeve shirt. It covers up pretty well. Smile

Thanks VcosNJ for the tips !
Now that we are in summer, I don't wear long sleeve so I didn't tough of this Smile
I am happy to hear that it work.

This DVD is a must buy, don't hesitate one second !!
Thank Joe Rindfleisch sharing your work.

Nicolas
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4341 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I recently received this DVD. I have never watched or learned rubber band magic before. I was extremely impressed with the variety and impact of the multitude of effects performed and explained by Mr. Rindfleisch. There is a lot of material to absorb and it will take patience and practice to master these effects but your audience will certainly be amazed and entertained by these very strong and unique effects. I highly receommend this DVD even for those who are novices to rubber band magic.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
I don't hype every DVD that I see, but this DVD delivers. If you want to learn amazing rubber band tricks, this is the DVD. There is a lot of quality, quantity, and variety on this DVD. This has to be L&L's best release in a while.

Joe does a good job performing them (seems to be a very nice guy) and the explanations are quite good. But buy this DVD for the material. Unbelieveable stuff on this DVD. A++++
sayer
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
64 Posts

Profile of sayer
Hmm, good recommendations. I like rubber band magic. Probably buy it.
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
What size rubberbands do you find best for the T&R effects? It seems that the bigger bands work better. Can anyone share their experiences, please?
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
Again, I am just so happy by all the positive feedback thank you all for your kind words.

I use Staples size 19

Joe Rindfleisch
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Joe,

Thanks. You rock. I'm looking forward to your future video releases.
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
424 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
This DVD is really packed full of amazing stuff and Joe has really innovated rubberband magic and has taken it to whole new levels.

Joe,
I am extremely excited to hear about your upcoming DVD's - I know that they'll be awesome and well worth it.

For anyone that hasn't seen Joe live : He is an extremely talented performer and creator. He is not just a wunderkind limited only to his rubberbands. He will amaze you with all of his close-up.
"Challenge Your Reality"