The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Paul Harris on DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
cardfreak
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of cardfreak
Will it be material from his AoA books?
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Hopefully there will be some new material as well.
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Paul Harris is too smart for his own good. And yes I gotta have those DVDs.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Very exciting news!

Robert McDaniel
timofy
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of timofy
Quote:
On 2005-01-29 02:21, zur wrote:
Hopefully there will be some new material as well.

Yes there will be. Tom G had already said around 50% will be new (hopefullly as creative as his old stuff).
benscholz99
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of benscholz99
10 DVD's that's gonna be outta my budget for the whole set!

Ben
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Quote:
On 2005-01-29 22:13, benscholz99 wrote:
10 DVD's that's gonna be outta my budget for the whole set!

Ben

Agreed...But I WILL make it work Smile

I am also very excited...I thought Paul was gone forever.
~joeKing
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
850 Posts

Profile of oombob
Man... new material?? ... if this is for real.... happy birthday to me.
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I have all of his Star's of Magic series of tapes.I bought them when Tannen's was chargeing 69.95 for them.So I will get these's too.I can't help it .I'm a Paul Harris addict.
joespc
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of joespc
This is great news! I’m going to start saving for these!
Mereacle
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Mereacle
Can we please get an update on these DVDs?!?

Someone out there has got to know how these are coming along.

Holy God I can't wait.

~
Josh and his magic Logan Smile
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
I don't want to blow the news if Paul wasnt wanting this to get out but when I seen him around august. He told me that they were basicly almost done. They just needed to get all the bugs worked out. He wasnt sure if they were going to make 10 dvd's or not. I cant wait. Then finish all the little stuff, credits, artwork, intro's ect. This is going to be one set for the collection that's for sure. I wish paul would come on here and update us all but I'm sure in good time we shall find out the final work.

Kepp
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
tache magic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of tache magic
Whilst he wanders we all wander about the videos. Jke.

When I think of him I want to unleash the moment.

magic mike
He's like Kungfu but with astonishment.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
867 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
I've used Improv Nightshades, Fizz Master, Shape of Astonishment and Zen and the Art of Boomerang for years now and they're all incredible effects.

At one time I also performed Unshuffling Rebecca, and Backlash.

That's six effects out of nine that I use or have used. So if they're junk, then brother, call me Fred Sanford, because I think they're great.
gilbert3
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of gilbert3
Gotta love his work on the wobble board! 'Tie me kangaroo down sport. dododo'.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I posted this elsewhere:

There has been some talk/rumors on new DVDs by Paul Harris and I wanted to give official word on this exciting project. The rumors ARE true. Paul is actively working on a new DVD project entitled "True Astonishments".

Paul and I discussed it last year at length and Paul decided to make a DVD series that would be the end for all, quite possibly his last "big" project. Paul hired a great producer to ensure these will be the absolute best they can be- very cutting edge. True Astonishments was originally going to contain all of the material in Art of Astonishment. Paul then decided to shift the project so that it is all A++ material with absolutely no filler. Thus he has reworked some of the better items in AOA, added new items that are really magnificent, and received some contributions that will blow your socks off. It has been narrowed down to about 70 or 80 items and all will be of the absolute highest caliber.

The DVD set will be out most likely around NEXT September. Paul is spending ALL of his time working on this huge and important project and you will not be disappointed. There are many amazing surprises that will be announced closer to that time. Start saving your money now. This could be one of the most important and exciting projects in a LONG time. As it gets closer we will release more details. We just felt it was important to give everyone a heads up on this.

Tim Trono
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
BTW... I meant September/October of THIS year. Sorry for the miscommunication. I don't know what I was thinking. As of today it is still on schedule for that time frame and Paul is working very day on it.

Tim
Mereacle
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Mereacle
Tim Trono,

Thank you so much for verifying, clarifying, and making us all the more excited about what's in the works... fying.

- Josh Logan
Mereacle
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Mereacle
The AOA video was disappointing, but it had nothing to do with the effects themselves. It had more to do with the manic spectators who just seemed to be faking it. I think even the producer of the video was pretending to be a spectator (Murphy?). I see what Harris was trying to achieve. The spectators describing their experience was a great idea, in theory. Often what they recollect differs much from what they actually experienced.

Perhaps the filming is already done on these DVDs, but that would be my two cents: Don't use the same spectators you used in the AOA video! Smile

My other suggestion. PLEASE pass this along to Trono and Harris. How about "A day in the life of Paul Harris." Most of us only here stories about how he lives in a tent in someone's backyard. No kidding I heard this rumor many times. How about the real story.

~Josh Logan
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The cheesey pretend excitement of the spectators looked like an experiment in audience reactioins. It was annoying but, didn't ruin the video. The terrible magic did. Dull, dull, dull!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier