The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Switch-A-Two by Mark Mason (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..14~15~16 [Next]
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
969 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I asked Mark. On 6 December they added this segment, so click on the link again and it should be there.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2230 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Has the breaking of the line been fixed. I know my luck and it wouldn't last a day if there were inherit issues
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
572 Posts

Profile of dvno
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2021, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2021, LankyHobo wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2021, dvno wrote:
One question for those who own it: Where was the thread attached to? I am trying to repair it but can’t remember. Maybe someone could drop me a PM

The second to last video 're-threading your unit' in the instructions explains everything.

Strange, the instructions I have does not include that video.

Mark

You have to scroll down a bit. I didn’t see it at first,, too.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
969 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Once again, Mark Mason explained that the repair section was only added on 6 December.

So if purchased before then, you would not have seen it.
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
572 Posts

Profile of dvno
I read that. No need to repeat it. And I saw the instructions after the 6th and I haven’t seen this section at first, because I didn’t realize that I have to scroll. So I liked to mention that.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
969 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I'm pointing out that the reason Mark Chandaue didn't see the repair video was most likely because it wasn't there at the time.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
For me, it is impossible to download the "repair video".
Can that be fixed?
If you click "download", you get the manual from Marc Mason, but WITHOUT the repair section.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
It sounds like the repair video needs to be repaired.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2839 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
You have to repair this so quickly after just receiving it then this won’t be for me for sure. Something should last a while before you have to repair even if I use an elastic thread. Is this any good guys?
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
969 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2021, MR Effecto wrote:
You have to repair this so quickly after just receiving it then this won’t be for me for sure. Something should last a while before you have to repair even if I use an elastic thread. Is this any good guys?

I think one needs to be careful jumping to this conclusion and posting it as fact on a public forum.

Though I am concerned that several members have mentioned their units have broken quickly/ easily.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2839 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2021, leipzisch wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2021, MR Effecto wrote:

I think one needs to be careful jumping to this conclusion and posting it as fact on a public forum.

Though I am concerned that several members have mentioned their units have broken quickly/ easily.

No jumping to conclusions. people already mentioned how quickly it broke.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
969 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
'you have to repair it so quickly' may not reflect the reality for the majority of users.

But as I say and I do agree, there is a concern around durability here.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Repair video? Really? Smile

Laughable
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Yet another example of a dealer putting the onus on the customer to sort out a known issue with a product/service. This emerging trend of buck passing is quite telling in terms of how some dealers view their customers. The new version of this product needs a rethink imho as it's not as robust or smooth as the original.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
969 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I don't have a problem with there being a repair video.

I do have a problem if customers need to refer to it within the first week of purchase.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1448 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
I’ve used it at numerous bookings now, and no problems…. Maybe I’ve just been lucky?
Magically,

Website - www.sgmagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
969 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
This is the challenge with the Café. Those who have had a bad experience will tend to post.

They may not represent what most purchasers have experienced with the product.

Hard to know!
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
572 Posts

Profile of dvno
I don’t have any problems until now with my second unit. But I have to admit, my handling now is way smoother and you don’t really need to put the card all way down - I haven’t really been aware that it sinks down nearly automatically after the first little push and after you take out the switch card. I haven’t been rude with the first gimmick though and it should withstand quite a bit.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2021, leipzisch wrote:
This is the challenge with the Café. Those who have had a bad experience will tend to post.

They may not represent what most purchasers have experienced with the product.

Hard to know!

This is not a Café experience it’s life. If you go to a 5 star hotel and it turns out what you thought you are likely to post no review (in general) as that’s what you expected.
If it is below that standard some people may still not bother but the chances are much much higher they will post a negative review.
Not only that this is a magicians helping magicians forum so if you see a flaw you are not only helping fellow magi but pointing it out but also helping the creator sort out more potential returns but resolving the issue.
I am surprised it’s breaking because my original like Doric’s looks pretty much unbreakable.
Is it what the lines attached to that is breaking or the line itself? Seasonal wishes Gaz 😊
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
969 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Agreed Gaz.

From what I gather, the line itself is strong, but in some units it has not been secured well enough.