The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: TA: True Astonishment by Paul Harris: Box Set: 9 DVDs + Props (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..24..36..48..60..70~71~72 [Next]
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks Jay!

Steve
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
Jay where are your reviews?
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 18:20, Pauldela wrote:
Jay where are your reviews?

Hi,
1,2,3,4,5 & 9 are all one a single post 1 page back (page 5) in this thread.

6,7&8 might happen tonight if I get a chance to finish them, maybe tomorrow if not.
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
I don't have it yet in my hands, I have read the reviews of Mr.Jay, and I am drooling. Literally.

Dave
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
Loving this. Signed number 208, for those counting. Even went out today and bought a notebook to be used only with this set. Can't wait to check out the pen! -J.R.
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 16:41, Nathan Pain wrote:
Mine arrived today...just as I was bringing my son home from school...the mailman set it down and I picked it up 30 seconds later...I told my son, "Daddy's box of magic is here!"

Great news Nathan, maybe there is hope for me on Friday! You choose the standard shipping; right? REALLY hoping for Friday....!
F. Zandura
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 18:59, FZandura wrote:

Great news Nathan, maybe there is hope for me on Friday! You choose the standard shipping; right? REALLY hoping for Friday....!

I am hoping for you as well!
You are going to love this set!
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
acchessor
View Profile
Elite user
Nebraska
402 Posts

Profile of acchessor
One question, where can you access the tracking numbers to see where the set is (if there are tracking numbers)? I want to see if I should plan for a TA weekend. Smile

Note: I ordered Dec. 15, live in Nebraska, and got Parcel shipping. Any estimates?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Water Trap: Bro Gilbert's unimaginably cool new approach to Doug Bennett's signed- coin- in- matchbook plot.

That description is being low key to how over the top fantastic this is. This is what real magic looks like: a brilliant, astonishing, unexplainable piece of magic!

The teaming of Harris and Gilbert has been like the teaming of Lennon and McCartney.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 19:13, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

The teaming of Harris and Gilbert has been like the teaming of Lennon and McCartney.

That is signature worthy... so very true! Well said!
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 19:06, acchessor wrote:
One question, where can you access the tracking numbers to see where the set is (if there are tracking numbers)? I want to see if I should plan for a TA weekend. Smile

Note: I ordered Dec. 15, live in Nebraska, and got Parcel shipping. Any estimates?

Look here:

http://www.theastonishmentproject.com/sh......id=16280

go to your account
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I am #82 BTW...for those keeping track...I used parcel shipping...mine went out last Friday as well.

Nathan
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Am I drunk? Is there a way to play the DVDs straight through without selecting each and every individual chapter?

Just curious.
Hakuzosu
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Hakuzosu
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 19:06, acchessor wrote:

Yes, I've also had this problem. I did not get a confirmation email, though it does say "TA-SHIPPED" when I look at my account. It doesn't give me a tracking number on my account, so I'm not exactly sure what to do... Ah well, I can be patient (I hope).
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1526 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Anyone in the UK got thiers yet?
cheers
matt
shek
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
244 Posts

Profile of shek
Holy crap. I got mine yesterday, and have just decided to take a break from a MARATHON of DVD-watching. This set is unbelievable. I'm speechless.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5937 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I don't think you can just play all the way through. The menus are part of the experience. I won't be more specific as that would ruin your experience. I felt that the menus kept me more engaged, which is the exact opposite of my initial reaction to them. They are part of the journey... part of the experience.
doodah
View Profile
New user
California
23 Posts

Profile of doodah
Bro Gilbert,

I was going to PM this to you, but better it is said publicly...and it is in the nature of "review". Your perfomances on the disks I have watched are so genuine, unpretentious and accessable that I have to say that, aside from effects, there is a great deal to be gained from the TA set in simply studying that wonderfully unaffected style. I can see why Paul sees a kindred spirit in you. Well done.

Patrick
My doctor says that I am losing my short-term memory, and he also says that I am losing my short-term memory.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Patrick,

Agreed!

Also, for everyone else...2 words...Angel Cake...sooooo evil!

Nathan
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5484 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 16:42, AlluTallu wrote:
http://www.tansustyle.com/SearchResults.......+stapler

Don't know if you are able to afford it though.

Price: $2.25

Great find! Thanks for sharing.