The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..23..35..47..59..71..72~73~74 [Next]
ebinary
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ebinary
Quote:
On 2010-01-08 04:13, J-Mac wrote:
I have three TUCs. Two were just fine - well, one needed a little of the recommended adjustment. The third, however, a half dollar TUC, was extremely loose. If I held the [ portion by the edges the other part hung down on one side or the other; about a full 1/8" to 3/16". Way too sloppy to work with. What I do is the opposite of the adjustment recommended when the TUC is too tight: I hold the [ portion only with the tips of my fingers of both hands - coin face pointing away from me - and then press hard in the center of the inside with my thumbs. That usually makes it a lot better though it doesn't last too long. I have to repeat that every two or three uses. Every one is going to be different I guess. I just hope it doesn't reduce the life of the TUC.

Thank you.

Jim

Are all your m****ts right in the center of the ] ? mine is off by an easily visible amount, and I am trying to figure out if that is normal.

Thanks, Eric
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Mine is perfectly at the center, however I don't know how would you define "loose". How easily should the two parts be spun? Mine works well, but I wonder if it's the right amount of tension.
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
395 Posts

Profile of konjurer
Mine is not perfectly centered either. The adjustment procedure worked fairly well. However if my thumb is close to Kennedy's forehead there is a 50% chance that the coin will not open. I'm learning to work with it but it does worry me a bit. I'm trying to do some tightly timed appearances from one hand to the next (ala a 3 Fly routine) and when it doesn't open it pretty much kills the moment. Aside from this flaw, it's a wonderful coin.
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2010-01-08 12:21, ebinary wrote:
Are all your m****ts right in the center of the ] ? mine is off by an easily visible amount, and I am trying to figure out if that is normal.

Thanks, Eric

Pretty much centered. It's off a little but not enough to matter IMO.

Jim

Quote:
On 2010-01-08 13:27, Flyswatter wrote:
Mine is perfectly at the center, however I don't know how would you define "loose". How easily should the two parts be spun? Mine works well, but I wonder if it's the right amount of tension.

I defined it in my post above - take another look at it.

Does yours hang open as much as I reported above?

Jim
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Quote:
On 2010-01-08 17:28, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-01-08 13:27, Flyswatter wrote:

I defined it in my post above - take another look at it.

Does yours hang open as much as I reported above?

Jim

No, only when I press on it it opens like that. I guess mine's pretty good.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
There are two ways to adjust a T.U.C.
One is the traditional adjusted that we included in the pack, making pression on the Kennedy face.
The other one is the way that my friend Fantasio discovered few days ago. He put a little square mask tape in the center of the magnet, it makes that the magnet loss force and the coin opened incredible easy.
ebinary
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ebinary
Quote:
On 2010-01-09 05:49, Mr. Tango wrote:
There are two ways to adjust a T.U.C.
One is the traditional adjusted that we included in the pack, making pression on the Kennedy face.
The other one is the way that my friend Fantasio discovered few days ago. He put a little square mask tape in the center of the magnet, it makes that the magnet loss force and the coin opened incredible easy.

Although I can probably make it work, its frustrating to pay this much for one coin and not have the gimmick centered so that it works identically in all situations. In my case, it is 5.5mm from one edge and 7.0mm from the other. 1.5mm is like the length of a football field in a metal working shop, so its kind of baffling.

Is this the type of thing you normally offer to replace, or am I stuck with this one?

Thanks, Eric
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9998 Posts

Profile of funsway
Mr. Tango is very accomodating, and will want to know
of this 'quality contol issue'

He is traveling right now, so be patient for a response.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Dear Eric,

Yes, we change your coin if you want.
But, believe me, the magnet not in the center is not a problem. Try with the adjust procedures and your TUC will work very well. Another, tip is that the TUC needs to be used a couple of days to work very well.

If not, send a PM and we'll change your coin.
ebinary
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ebinary
Quote:
On 2010-01-10 07:51, Mr. Tango wrote:
Dear Eric,

Yes, we change your coin if you want.
But, believe me, the magnet not in the center is not a problem. Try with the adjust procedures and your TUC will work very well. Another, tip is that the TUC needs to be used a couple of days to work very well.

If not, send a PM and we'll change your coin.

Thanks Mr. Tango,

I will play with it for a few more days and decide if it is worth retuning. It opens pretty well with the "masking-tape" trick, but it still doesn't seem right now to open as easily in some orientations. And because the magnet is the only thing that is not place symetrically, I tend to blame the magnet placement.

Eric
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Ok, let me know.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9998 Posts

Profile of funsway
I just learned something critical for me -- the Leaves of the C/S and standrad sets are individually fitted and not interchangeable. I am not completely sure about extra Leaves for the same set.

Of course, this only matters if you have devious intension ...

like using two T.U.C. in the same effect
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
ebinary
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ebinary
Quote:
On 2010-01-11 09:20, funsway wrote:

And who on this board has devious intentions?
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
About why is not possible to use the same leaves for different shells. It happen because the coins haven't the exactly size. If you take 10 new coins and you compare sure you will find 5 or 6 different measures. It's incredible but the diameter of the coins can have 4 or 5 tenth of millimeter of difference.

For this reason to make gimmicked coins is a so hard work. In this case every TUC is finished by hand to get the final product.
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2467 Posts

Profile of benbv
Quote:
On 2010-01-11 09:20, funsway wrote:
I just learned something critical for me -- the Leaves of the C/S and standrad sets are individually fitted and not interchangeable. I am not completely sure about extra Leaves for the same set.

like using two T.U.C. in the same effect

:lol: me too Smile
armatoj
View Profile
New user
Sacramento
22 Posts

Profile of armatoj
Another review and related thoughts.

I've had my dollar-size TUC for about four days now. First of all, I echo previous comments about the ingenuity of the gimmick. It's a brilliant idea and as someone who's been in magic for about 30 years and played with lots of gimmicked coins, I think this will become a new standard gimmick in years to come.

For those still deciding, I think this is a worthy purchase and most people will be happy to have it. It's an obvious replacement for flippers and slippery sams. I'm not sure it is a good replacement for ALL s----s, simply because there are times when you want an insert to release by gravity alone. But it's a delight to be able to flip or toss this coin knowing the insert is secure.

I'm still pretty partial to my Wong Super Triple Coin for the easiest/cleanest 3 Fly I know of, but the TUC is much more angle friendly.

I do have a few concerns about the sound of the TUC. It talks a bit on separation and tends to "rattle" when flipped. Not a lot, and I'm sure I can find ways to compensate for it, but it's something to be aware of.

My magnet also is off center, but I'll take Mr. Tango's word for it if he says that should not affect the operation of the TUC. More to my concern is the fact that the magnet is square. There are times when executing the separation that I hit a corner rather than a side, and it hangs up the smooth operation of the move. I know the move is supposed to involve a bit of a rotation, but I have to wonder why not use a circular magnet so there are no corners to ever hit at all? I'm sure this has occurred to you, Mr. Tango and I'm curious what your thoughts are.

There have been some questions previously in the thread about the thickness of the insert. It is somewhat thin, but certainly no more so than a Wong coin, or than a Triple Threat inner coin. Overall, this is a great, great gimmick. When closed it can be shown sooooo cleanly front and back, slowly -- it's a thing of beauty. When the separation works easily for me, it's pure magic. When it gets hung up, I get frustrated, but for the moment I'm chalking it up to learning curve. It's not difficult, but I wouldn't consider this a "self-working" coin by any means. It definitely requires practice.

Mr. Tango -- have you given thought to a three-coin version of the gimmick? It seems like this has Triple Threat-like potential.

Bottom line: despite a couple questions, a couple minor disappointments, and some learning curve still ahead, I love this coin and am planning to buy the half dollar version and the copper silver version. I'm particularly excited to integrate the C/S into my Spellbound routine.

Congratulations on your fine work, Mr. Tango!
For thoughts on communications, creativity and living a life of ideas, please visit www.thinkinside.biz
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Just a thought...

Since we now have a number of TUC owners here at the Café, it would be nice if we can find out if anyone has developed any nice routines using TUCs. Besides the DVD that comes with the coin. Maybe a separate thread in a restricted forum?

I had thought that Mr. Tango was going to come out with some sort of additional material for the TUC, perhaps in the Tangopedia? (BTW, what ever happened with Tangopedia, Mr. Tango?)

Anyway, is anyone else interested in posting unique uses for the TUC?

Thanks!

Jim
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Actually, I'm doing only one routine of the original DVD in my lectures. I found an incredible chink a chink, because I take the extra coin when I want and to finish the 4 coins makes the reverse travel and them disappear.

Tangopedia won't includes TUC routines, Tangopedia will include about 60 or 70 routines with many gimmicked coins. But I will be introducing a second DVD for TUC called TUC Miracles for mid year. Besides we are working in a book about TUC with FunSway.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
OK! Both sound good Mr. Tango. Mid-year? Can't wait!

Thank you for the quick reply. Smile

Jim

PS - So Tangopedia will indeed be going online? Any time frame for that?
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9998 Posts

Profile of funsway
The problem of writing a book on Features, Attributes and possible Effects with the TUC is that every day I come up with something new, but Mr. Tango and I will draw a line in the sand and "Essential TUC" will be available in a few months as a written, published book addressing practical and extended uses of the TUC, and a journey through the innovative process. Many of these new effects and ideas may also appear in DVD's and eBooks to follow.