The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Suspended Dimension DVD - The Jacketless Topit by Dan Sylvester (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
So.... any review.... Smile
felix2
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of felix2
Did anyone who purchased their suspended dimension dvd from KJ Magic receive confirmation that their copy of the DVD had been shipped out to them?

Apparently they don't seem to respond to email enquirys. Smile Smile
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Quote:
On 2003-06-22 09:39, felix2 wrote:
Did anyone who purchased their suspended dimension dvd from KJ Magic receive confirmation that their copy of the DVD had been shipped out to them?

Apparently they don't seem to respond to email enquirys. Smile Smile

No... but, I did notice that my credit card was charged by KJ magic on the same day Hocus-Pocus started shipping the DVD.

I am sure it has shipped and is on it's way.
Tony Chapparo
felix2
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of felix2
Thanks Tony.Thats good to know. Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I hope someone can give us a good review. I usually order new items right away, but have been burned so much lately, that I'm backing off.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
I usually order new items right away, but have been burned so much lately, that I'm backing off.

Thank goodness. Please don't buy stuff just because it's new. That is foolish in countless ways.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I like buying new magic. It's fun to get in the mail. It read well on the internet sites and I get excited. It just seems lately they have put out some poor effects ( Henry Evans etc. ) usually I'm happy though.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Magic that's not new is just as fun to get in the mail. I mean, it's still new to you, right?
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Has anyone received their DVD from Kevin James?
felix2
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of felix2
The latest from KJ Magic is that the stock will be in today and will be shipped asap.
It's been a rather long wait indeed. Smile

I wonder if anyone who has received the DVD could possibly provide some initial comments and feedback. Appreciate it. Thank you Smile
Jemy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jemy
I just bought it yesterday also, and hope I will receive it soon and be disapointed.
I will try to give a review as soon as I get it.
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
I watched it a few days ago, and it's a great utility item. Strictly speaking you don't need to wear suspenders, but it would be the normal way to go. If you can find a bowling shirt with the right design, for example, you could go that route.

As always, Dan's work is flawless.
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
I got mine yesterday... unfortunately the DVD I received was blank.

I e-mailed KJ magic for a replacement but have not heard anything yet...

Oh well, what's another few weeks??
Tony Chapparo
Jemy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jemy
I just watch mine and it's a really clever idea. The DVD is quite short, something like 35 min, but there's a lot of good things in it.
The DVD teaches you how it works and how to make your own topit. The second part is the explanation of its many uses like production of bottles or vanishing of ice cream etc.

The explanation part is more like ideas to open our mind to make our own kind of magic with this great utility. It's just the beginning for this topit there are many possibilities wich will surely grow up. But I think you really can't compare this topit with a regular one. They really are different and people who use a regular one will surely stick with it, but for the others who want to topit without a jacket and who are not afraid of wearing suspenders, this DVD is surely a great investment.

I hope I was helpful Smile
promethee
View Profile
Regular user
France
125 Posts

Profile of promethee
$60 for a 35 min DVD? Hum... they could at least say in the ad that we have to wear suspenders! (I guess; can someone confirm we have to wear suspenders?)
La fleur de l'illusion produit le fruit de la realite.
mitrof
View Profile
New user
Sunny South Florida
54 Posts

Profile of mitrof
Overpriced!!!!

This is a great example of something that should have been marketed as a pamphlet, not as a video.

In my opinion, the video does not provide anything, beyond the basic concept, that is useful.

Please don't misunderstand - it's a great idea. I simply feel that this item is overpriced.

I know some will say that you are paying for the secret and that the secret is worth 10 times, yada. yada...Sure, but you also expect some sort of value-added with a DVD purchase. You don't get it with this product.

If I were making a DVD about this product,I would sit at a table and actually construct one so my viewers can see exactly how one is made. Sure the sizes will be different, but the idea is the same. This would be so mcuh more valuable than showing that you can vanish a remote control???

Did anyone else have a problem with some of the vanishes? I would not imagine trying to vanish something larger than a small ball without worrying about flashing and bulging.

My opinion: great idea that seems haphazardly put together on DVD.
Coolmagic
View Profile
New user
My mom...
67 Posts

Profile of Coolmagic
I will pay $10,000 for a good idea THAT I WILL USE IN MY SHOW. I don't care about the price. Does it go in my show yes or no? YES, well it can be any price (because I will make money with it). That is my opinion. And I know that some of you will say that I don't know what i'm talking about! Well, maybe but I still do more than 300 shows per year.lol Smile

But I understand your point of view MITROF.
But think about this: A booklet at $60 or a DVD at $60, well I'll take the DVD.( Because even if it's a booklet I don't think Sylvester wanted to put a lower price for this genius idea.

TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!

VCM Smile
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
So....Do we have to WEAR SOMETHING WEIRD instead of a jacket? Any unatural clothes????
Please someone provide more details...

Hengky
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Coolmagic prepare the $10,000, I have some clever ideas for you...LOL...

I agree with him, if I will use the ideas, the price is a bargain. But, most magicians, want more stuff for they're cash today. Finding one good idea in one book or DVD, is not enough anymore.

When, I pay some guys for doing some brainstorming with me, it costs me more than that, and I never know if I will use the ideas at the end.

I have already many use for the Sylvester topit ideas, and I will have more when I have one prepared for sure (with minor change for my style and the applications I want to do with it)

For me this one is a good buy.
Humbly
Kuffs
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi, The trouble is until you have spent your $10,000 you do not know that you have bought something you can use in your act. Due to hype a lot of the time the stuff is poor. I think that there are enough good tricks which cost very little so I would spend the $10,000 on marketing which would probably give me a better return.
Phillip