The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..16..29..42..55..68~69~70~71~72~73~74 [Next]
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9998 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2017, jmilesb wrote:

I understand the possibilities (at least some of them) for these two (or should I say one?), but I can't help wondering if there is a third, fourth, or who-knows-what component that was left out of my package.

send me a request to ken@eversway.com and I'll send an ecopy of "Pocket T.U.C." - an abbreviated version of the final "T.U.C. Appreciation" book you can get from lulu.com.

It has all the expanded moves, handlings and presentation ideas of the larger book and a couple of effects. It might help until you get mastery of the basics.

Later on you can acquire the complete book and its 60+ effects including written descriptions of the primary Tango effects. Several effects/ideas are contributions from notable magicians forma round the world.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
From now, the TUC won't include anymore the shimmed card, because I can't get enough Sweden steel I use to buy for that.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13015 Posts

Profile of John C
Any TUC lovers ever try these:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S20939
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9998 Posts

Profile of funsway
While I do not have this TUC version, I do have several Tango poker chip goodies, including a double sided for C/S effects.
I like the look, and are often not as "suspect" as coins.

They have smooth edges, though, that can lead to some handling problems (or practice). Since the chip cannot be expanded like a metal coin,
the other chips are shaved. Not a problem unless you are mixing sets. On the plus side, a poker chip is slightly larger than a dollar,
so the shell portion can nest over a silver dollar.

The big advantage to the price for anyone who can't afford an Ike or Morgan TUC.

Most of the effects and moves in T.U.C. Appreciation can be performed with these.

I am hoping additional, matching chips will be made available fro extended applications.

Hey, Marcello - how about a red/blue leaf with matching chips or both colors? (In addition to the regular leaf)
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
The TUC is about the most useful coin gaff there is. Fantastic concept and on the Silver Coin line the execution is very good. The TUH by Steven's Magic may be of interest to those on this thread too. https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/the-ul......gic-llc/
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9998 Posts

Profile of funsway
Absolutely, Star. Some of the effects described in "T.U.C. Appreciation" will be easier with this device.

I will contact Steven to see if we can offer a package deal for the book and TUH.

StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2017, Mr. Tango wrote:
From now, the TUC won't include anymore the shimmed card, because I can't get enough Sweden steel I use to buy for that.

MR TANGO! Your Triple TUC Morgan and all your silver coins are FANTASTIC! Thank you! Have you seen TUH (The Ultimate Hand)? This plus your Triple TUC is AWESOME! https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/the-ul......gic-llc/

Would love your thoughts on this!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
EasyK
View Profile
New user
The secret is in one of my
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Hello! Anyone know if there is some way to get your TUC made in your own country's currency? Or maybe something similar?
'My brain is the key that sets me free.'
- Harry Houdini
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2018, EasyK wrote:
Hello! Anyone know if there is some way to get your TUC made in your own country's currency? Or maybe something similar?

The GOD Coin man is Todd Lassen. You can search TODD LASSEN COIN MAGIC and he has a contact page. You need to email and be very patient - Todd can take months to get back to a new customer. Send an email every two weeks or so and you can try to call the number he has posted. He is in Colorado so you'll need to figure out times from your country. He's the best there is, period. By miles. He can make anything but the tradeoff for this level of craftsmanship is time and cost. I've NEVER felt his cost didn't justify the quality I have received and I have some 20 gaffs from Todd. Best investment in your magic you can make when it comes to coins is to get less, but get LASSEN! Hope this helps you. If Todd hasn't answered you in 2 months, PM me here and I will talk to him about your needs for you and try to hook you two up.
EasyK
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Thanks StarManager! I will most definitely send him an email.
- Harry Houdini
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
Thanks StarManager! I will most definitely send him an email.

You're welcome! While we are on "how to" items, and as you are very new to this fantastic resource of a Board, I wanted to mention that you might want to change your avatar. The rules here state that you need to have a likeness of yourself. The kennedy half will eventually be required to be changed and then people will not recognize you hre. Best to get ypour Avatar as one you love that they will allow. Hope that's helpful for you!
EasyK
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Ok, I can't say I look like Mr. Kennedy so.. I will change it asap. 👍 Thanks again.
- Harry Houdini
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
Ok, I can't say I look like Mr. Kennedy so.. I will change it asap. 👍 Thanks again.

Nice Avatar EasyK! Welcome to Magic Café!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9998 Posts

Profile of funsway
Todd Lasson cannot make a TUC. Or would not as that is a patented item of Tango.

He might make something that works like a TUC, but it will not be one.

But Tango will make a TUC from any currency, and has. You will have to provide three matched pieces.

Just contact Marcello

EasyK
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2018, funsway wrote:
Todd Lasson cannot make a TUC. Or would not as that is a patented item of Tango.

He might make something that works like a TUC, but it will not be one.

But Tango will make a TUC from any currency, and has. You will have to provide three matched pieces.

Just contact Marcello

I was wondering about that. Copyrights maybe. Thanks for clearing that up. 👍
- Harry Houdini
EasyK
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
I tried to send a mail on the address he has on his profile here. But got a error message: "This is the mail system at host mailrelay4-2.pub.mailoutpod1-cph3.one.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

<insua@barmagico.com.ar> failed:"

Is there another way to get in touch with Mr. Tango?
- Harry Houdini
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9998 Posts

Profile of funsway

StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Funsway you are right and I was incorrect. Thanks for correcting me here.
EasyK
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
I'll try that one Funsway. 👍And technically was neither of you wrong StarManager. I asked for someone that makes a TUC or something similar.
- Harry Houdini
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Thanks for Saving me Easy K. You should still investigate Todd Lassen as his work is just absolutely art!