The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Switch-A-Two by Mark Mason (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14~15~16 [Next]
ChrisPayne
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
241 Posts

Profile of ChrisPayne
I'm really glad that this is being so well received, because together with Ian Fraser and invaluable input from Mark Mason, I designed it! I've always loved the original and was initially motivated to construct a parlour version, but we learned so much decided to move on to the "poker" size.

Those who have done a direct comparison between the old and new will see some huge differences, most in the public domain after Mark Mason's recent on line interview. Overall dimensions are misleading because a key feature is a "pelmet" at the top, which makes a key difference to how shirt material drapes, combine this with a slimmer body that tapers and (another ah ha moment) a sliced away front surface and the profile in the pocket is much, much less obtrusive.

However the unit will not be usable in all shirts (a tight shirt would show even a visiting card in a breast pocket). There is no doubt the best use remains in a jacket. However it fits fine into approximately one third of my "smart/casual" shirts, but it will depend on your body shape, dressing habits etc. I have used it a lot in a smart check shirt and jeans at small group / parlour /banquet table setting and it works well for me.

The magnet fitting transforms the ease of use, particularly the ability to make micro adjustments to the unit in the pocket, to move it to optimum position.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
I really liked your thinking on the signed cards across routine Chris and the addition of the P.I.N. for the open prediction. Very smart thinking. Top marks.

I've still got the original VHS video and there are more killer ideas on that including:
- Torn & restored card
- Burnt & restored note
- Bill to potato chips
- Comedy prediction
...and more.

Well worth checking it out if you can get hold of it.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Kind of odd that they wouldn't digitize the old VHS and include it with this new version.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
There's GOLD on old VHS tapes that will be lost in the mists of time.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I too have the original VHS video. I also have a great VHS, DVD and memory stick all in one player and recorder.
So I can watch anything old and new and copy from one to the other (I haven’t needed to yet because it plays them
all).
Infact the best magic is on the VHS videos I have and I’m sure half of those effects will be being re released again soon under new names with minor changes.
Anyway this is a great device first or second time around I recommend it Gaz 😊
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Yepski
Is there any chance someone under 50 owns a VHS player?
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Oi, cheeky! I'm well under 50.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Mine is brand new they sell them that does everything.
You can even buy record players that play my 12 inches.
If you have a 12 inch that is Gaz 😊
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
What happened when the Fishing string breaks? Mine broke first day, no repair instructions?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2021, mysticalsales wrote:
What happened when the Fishing string breaks? Mine broke first day, no repair instructions?

I would contact Mark.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Drop him a line, I’m sure he will switch it for you
Gaz 😊
Jack Skipton
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Jack Skipton
I still have the old one, will definitely take a look at this new one too.

A little tip, do the switch when putting the card not your pocket, there’s no heat then. Then when it’s time for the reveal and heat is on, you can remove the card completely cleanly without a hint of fumbling.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Did they ever do a Betamax release?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree Jack that’s the way I always did it with the original version.
I personally bought it from Mark at his JB magjc shop and he demoed it that way then Gaz 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ha ha Pegasus finding one that does Beta max too would be a definite collectors item Gaz 😂
mmbob
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of mmbob
Where is best to order this? I pre ordered on VanishingInc and after chasing the order, they’ve said I probably won’t get it until January… Very disappointed.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4209 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2021, mysticalsales wrote:

... eat meat ... Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3789 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2021, JanForster wrote:
Quote:

... eat meat ... Smile

Ha ha LOL that's funny
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2512 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2021, mysticalsales wrote:

Hmmm, did you view the entire instructions? There's a whole section that covers repairs by the Penguin Adidas baseball cap guy
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
572 Posts

Profile of dvno
Quote:

Mine broke as well after testing it three times…