The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring Flight (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Not only that, Dean Dill has gone bonkers over it. Joe "might" have a sample at Magic Live.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Polaris
View Profile
New user
Polaris
3 Posts

Profile of Polaris
Hello Bernard,
To answer your question of which is the best ringflight on the market, in my opinion it is the Ring Flight Super put out by myself. It uses a lobster claw for the hook. To see an image of it and the names of other professsional magicians who have purchased it, go to http://www.ringflight.com
I hope this helps.
ALL THE BEST
POLARIS
An artist missing imagination can't imagine what's missing. --- Polaris
After 2,000 tries, I now know how NOT to make
a lightbulb. --- Edison
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Thanks Polaris, this thread was started in 2001 and it is still active today. I have collected a few Ring Flites but I have yet to own one of yours.
Bernard Sim
Frog Prince
View Profile
New user
Japan/Tokyo
70 Posts

Profile of Frog Prince
Does anybody use "Gypsy Made Key Case"?
It looks much nicer than other key cases.
Is that good?
I'm considering getting one....
Croak..Croak.. Smile
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
To Pete Biro:
Off topic. Smile

Pete, do you ever read your PMs?? Smile Smile Smile

Rgs.
Werner
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Yah, why? Did I ignore you? Will check again.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-09-14 02:32, Pete Biro wrote:
Yah, why? Did I ignore you? Will check again.
Nope...just wondering. Smile
Never on Sundays? Smile Smile

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Anyone think a ring flight type effect without a key case or key ring is worth pursuing?
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-09-15 00:18, Pete Biro wrote:
Anyone think ring flight type effect without a key case or key ring worth pursuing?
Please explain more accurately what it means:
WITHOUT a key case or key ring?

Do you mean an effect sold is supplied with some gimmick, but without a keycase(leather) or keyring(s)?

Or is it an effect where the ring ends up in another place then a keycase?

A bit too unclear as to what you EXACTLY mean??
Any good effect is worth getting even when one has to find the props oneself.

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have recieved your "payment" and the miraculous trick will be posted to you in the morning. Smile
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-09-15 16:08, Pete Biro wrote:
I have recieved your "payment" and the miraculous trick will be posted to you in the morning. Smile
You're a great guy Pete, thanks. See your PMs. I've got an idea. (You can't come up with all the good stuff yourself.) Smile Smile Smile

gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Bernard:

School for Scoundrels Website sells the Perfect Clips for Ring-Flite. These are probably the best hooks for Ring Flight. Here is some more information about the School for Scoundrels Perfect Clips for Ring-Flite:

Simply the best clip on the market. These clips come heavily plated in gold or sterling silver. They are large enough to hold most rings, rounded to prevent scratching, easy to open, and locks tight when closed. Ideal for Ring-Flite or for use with any pull.

Golden Perfect Clip - $15 (2006 price)
Sterling Silver Perfect Clip - $15 (2006 price)
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Something that may be of interest to those who have Bloom's version. I have an alternative way to present Bloom's ring flight. I have been following this thread for a while and wasn't going to share this but having seen a few people frustrated with Bloom's version I thought this might breathe new life into the gimmicks. It uses the prop backwards...

Have the case examined and then as you poke the chain back inside the leather case load the gimmick. Borrow any ring and tip the chain (this time it's the gimmick) out of the case again to clip the ring on to it. Poke it back into the case, stealing the gimmick and immediately make it obvious (subtly without remark) your hand is empty and shake the case so they hear a rattling sound. Have someone place their hand over the case.

I then go to my pocket and unload and unclip ring from the the gimmick as I take out a piece of flash paper. I then use a John Cornelius flash paper production idea to reproduce the ring. It is on his 'Creative Magic' video. The ring appears VERY visually at my fingertips when my hands have just been seen empty. The specatator checks inside the leather key case themselves and their ring has gone. The stunning part of the effect is the sudden appearance rather than in traditional ring flight where the stunning part is the vanish.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Would it be possible to do ring flight to shoe lace where you show laces untied then laces come together with ring there? Combine two efects into 1?
music
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of music
Okay since a few of you have tipped your Gaeton Bloom handlings, here's mine:First a gimmick improvement- I took the chain out of the TT and put it inside a realistic soft vinyl tt (made by the people that make the python reels) I also glued a TT magnet inside the vinyl TT this keeps it from falling out of the case when inverted.This TT will now handle a decent sized ring!- Effect as the spec see's it: I borrow their ring put it under a cloth and give to someone to hold, I show them the case and squeeze it open and a chain swings out with a ring on it, it is my ring, I let them look at it and then I put it back in the case(loading the TT w/ their ring at same time)I then do a magical motion and have the person look at the ring under the cloth, it is now my ring, the one that was on the chain inside the case, I take the case open it upside down and out swings the spec's ring on the chain. This really plays well for me, I'm sure those that know the workings of the Gaeton Bloom effect can work out the handlings from this description if you choose to do so! Chuck P.S. when not in use stuff a 12" silk into the TT and keep inside the case and it will retain it's shape better.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2004-09-12 22:50, Polaris wrote:
Hello Bernard,
To answer your question of which is the best ringflight on the market, in my opinion it is the Ring Flight Super put out by myself. It uses a lobster claw for the hook. To see an image of it and the names of other professsional magicians who have purchased it, go to http://www.ringflight.com
I hope this helps.
ALL THE BEST
POLARIS

Anyone owns the Polaris's Ring Flight Super? I like how the look of the leather key holder and how the ring is securely attached to the leather key holder. Any reviews?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
dimosa
View Profile
New user
Belgium/antwerp
67 Posts

Profile of dimosa
Hi,

As you can see, I'm looking for a good "Ring Flight" effect. This is a topic that started in 2001, and we're now in 2008... LOL

First of all, I've read the whole topic but still can't choose what kind of "Ring Flight" I have to buy.

I just need:
- a good Ring Flight effect
- RF of high quality
- RF that will last long

I have "Interlace". It is a wonderful effect, but I can't perform it all the time.
I hope you guys can help me.

D.
daviaac
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of daviaac
Check out Pegasus. It's had a pretty good review on the Café. Oh, and from what I have heard, the bag is removable.

luke
- the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I just got my Pegasus today, Luke, and while the case itself is very nice, it is one loud reel! Also, the clips are fairly finicky. I will practice more, but at first glance, I was not as happy as I thought I would be...

Luke
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5446 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
If you want a reel based Ring Flight, then you don't have to look any further than Dick Barry's version. It is very quiet, has a plastic wrapped steel cable for the pull, and uses a safe and secure 'lobster claw' hook-up. There is no better, IMHO.

I've had and used (at least in practice) almost every reel based Ring Flight made in the past four decades. Dick analyzed and resolved the problems that each other reel based prop suffer from. It is the only reel based Ring Flight prop I use today (although in truth, I tend to carry a home-made reel-less version with my car and house key on a day to day basis and perform Ring Flight impromptu). An upside of Dick’s prop is that it comes with a good routine, too.

With the exception of Barry’s prop, most of the reel based Ring Flight props are poorly made and poorly thought out (including the Pegasus and Ring-key). You would be better off buying a reel, lobster claw, and leather key holder/purse with the look that you like and assemble one yourself. Then you could buy a quality reel, high quality leather key holder, and you’d have exactly the look and features you wanted. The big plus here is that you’d probably spend half what a poorly made prop would cost (and probably still not end up with one as efficient as Dick Barry’s! LOL!!).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!