The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Don Driver's pitch video... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Ray Carter
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Ray Carter
Don I love this dvd. ALOT. After I talked to you on the phone the other week, and you were telling me about it, I was saying I have to get these dvds. And Just wow. I was looking into getting a spot at the County Fair, to do a little pitching, like you recommended. I will tell you how it goes. Thanks again.

Ray
nostromo
View Profile
New user
Pensacola, Fla
79 Posts

Profile of nostromo
Here's a potential local source for Svengali decks- the "Dollar Tree" store chain. They've carried these and the Stripper decks, along with small Fantasma magic sets off and on for awhile. And, no, I'm not a DT shill, just a cheapskate that ADORES dollar stores.

Dollar Tree has added a "Dollar Tree Direct" program, details are at the "Need Large Quantities" link in the upper right corner of their main web page at http://www.dollartree.com/.

Shipping and handling may apply. You can get it sent to your place or the local store. The local store fills out a form with the SKU number of what you want and if 'BIG DT' has'em in stock somewhere, you can get'em. Don't know if there's a minimum quantity. Don't know how the quality compares to the sources Don Driver recommmends, but the ones I've got are about what you'd expect- not Bicycles but not Chinese misprints or offprints, either.

I sure hope that nobody hears "but we can get those at the Dollar store, honey, save your money . . . "

PS- Don, I'll be ordering your DVD set right after payday Smile
sincitynick
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of sincitynick
I bought Don Driver's Pitch Video back when it was just on VHS. I liked the idea, but I didn't think it was for me. I'm a working professional and I like to know how much money I'm going to make before I show up for a gig. Any extra in back of the room sales is gravy.

On a whim, I decided I was going to work a fair. I found a weekend I wasn't booked. I went back through the information that Mr. Driver supplies, bought the minimum order from the suppliers he provides and worked on the pitch. I probably practiced for a week before the fair. I wanted to be prepared to cut down the nerves and so I could handle any interuptions that might happen in the middle of it. I bought a cheap easy-up from Wal-mart, packed a card table and bright red table cloth got in the jeep and headed out.

Now I'm not going to say this was easy money. It was hot, muggy and the air smelled of cattle, but it was a fair after all.

I got a lot of walkouts and "blanks." The same people would come back and watch my little show and walkout again. I got tired of giving "free shows" really fast. Funny thing is in the end those "blanks" turned to "sticks" and I was "turning" the "tip" over and over.

I made about $1200. Not bad for my first time out. It's more than minimum wage and it sure beats digging ditches and it's not too shabby for a weekend I was probably going to spend clearing out my DVR.

I plan on doing the pitch at my next show that is open to the public right before intermission. Hey, repeat customers are always the easiest to close, right?

In the end, this info works if you are willing to put the minimal of work into it. I wish Don would charge more money for it though because he's giving you a wealth of knowledge honed and polished over decades of experience.

From a business stand point. I more than doubled my investment on my first time out. I can't guarantee you'll do the same, but it is well worth the shot. All you have to do is get off the couch and do it. Seriously, if I paid $500 for this video I still would have shown a profit.

Quick review of the video for you magic guys that have to know everything before purchasing:

What you don't get:
State-of-the-art title screens
Fancy fade in, fade outs and swipes
Annoying music
Ego
Worthless Filler

What you do get:
-Step by step instructions on how to do the pitch. I swear if you haven't even heard of a Svengali deck before, you will be a master of it after Don's easy to follow instructions.
-Word for Word scripting on the pitch.
-Suppliers for the goods
-How to make a "pitch joint" so you have a place to sell your goods.
-Impressive real world action of the man turning the tip. You're not stuck in a room full of fakey magic fans. He shows you what happens right on the street!
-Tips and hints on the pitch, gathering a crowd and more importantly getting the money
-Tips on how to get the gigs and where to do the pitch

Buy it, use it, get the money

Note to Don: I feel like you have been way too generous for giving so much information for such a little cost. The least I could do is give you a plug on the Café. Please raise the price on this thing because you deserve franchise prices for the all the hints and tips you give on this video. I wish you a joyous and long life.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Once you get used to seeing the be-backs then blanking won't bother you. You will know you will get sales from the pitch, just not right away.

Just smile, be nice and let curiosity drive them crazy. Few pitches are actually total blanks, you just gotta be patient.

If no one buys, do one rehash then tell people you will help them now and then you are going on break. That will move the crowd along and end the situation where they aren't buying but aren't leaving either.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2774 Posts

Profile of sethb
Regarding return buyers, I have also had numerous situations where a child wants to buy a deck, but doesn't have the money and needs to go and visit the Bank of Dad first.

In a few cases, this initial "blank" results in not one but two sales, because the child gets his/her deck, and then Dad wants one, too after seeing the demo!

I agree, just be patient. The deck is an impulse item, but there are always plenty of people who return and buy, in my experience. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I just talked to Don on the phone...

I have been working the worm and wanted a change of pace so I pulled out Don's Svengali Pitch about a week ago. I went out with the deck and did real, real good. I also really enjoyed watching it so much I gave Don a call.

Don is up in Wisconsin at the state fair. We had a real nice talk. I found out I'm not the only one who likes Don's Svengali DVD that much.

Vince Carmen, who has worked with Ward Hall, the sideshow legend, for over forty years somehow came across the DVD. He bought it. Apparently this resulted in Ward Hall seeing it and he bought it. These guys are as street smart as they come. Don't be suprised if you see these legends doing what Don teaches.

Two sideshow legends recognize the practical greatness of Don Driver's Svengali pitch...

Wow.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Mota,
Vince is NOT a sideshow performer.He is a TOP ACT. He has played Vegas and all over the word with his Illusion show.Vince was on the cover of Magic magazine a few months ago.Vince and I go back 30 years or so.

I just mailed out Ward Hall,the side show KING two DVD's that he called me and ordered yesterday.

Later,Guys...and thanks for all the kind words.
Don
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
You told me this last night Don, and I still got confused. It's the tapioca pudding of the brain disease I got from long hours of pitching.

No matter...the point remains, real pros are instantly recognizing the cash value of this pitch upon seeing it.
akio
View Profile
New user
colorado
6 Posts

Profile of akio
Don's video is great.

Josh
Wayne Whiting
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Wayne Whiting
I liked Mot'a comment..."cash value." That is exactly what Don's video has done for me. If someone can't figure out what to get you for Christmas, tell them about Don's video.
Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Thomas Edison

www.terrylagerold.com
KV Magic
View Profile
New user
Missouri
58 Posts

Profile of KV Magic
Just to add to this topic, I bought Don's video on DVD last spring.

Using the tips and techniques that Don shares, I spent almost every weekend this summer pitching. I just finished my last flea market three weeks ago.

Let's just say it was a success! I ordered what I thought would be plenty of decks for the entire summer. By mid-July I had to double my order!

I have even been "invited" to attend more events from organizers who were at other markets!

Next year is shaping up to be very profitable.

So, go to http://www.magicpitch.com/ and order your copy today! (As long as you don't live in Northern Missouri/Southern Iowa!)

Keith
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks Keith and everybody else that have posted about this DVD as well as my Building a Tip DVD.

I'm really surprised as to how well both have done.

Everyone,have a GREAT Christmas and the BEST New Year ever!

Thanks so much,
Don
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Ok, folks, I just ordered the dvd and had a question about ordering the decks...

What do you charge...and do you get the cheapest decks you can? Or do you go with a bit more expensive deck and up the price more? What's best? I found decks ranging from $3.75 down to .85....

--Jon
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Get the best deck at the lowest price you can, which usually excludes the most expensive and the cheapest. This might kill ya but get what you can get. Follow Dons pitch and make a package that looks like a deal at $10 for a deck and some slum. Also remember Don sells the Squirmels at a very good price. His pitch is shown on the disk.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Jon,
Watch the DVD. I explan what decks to buy and where you can buy them.Also, how much to sell them for.

Thanks for your order.
Don
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Don & everyone:

Thanks for your advice. Don, I just got the dvds today and I just LOVE them! Can't say enough good things about them. No frills, straight to the point, yet PACKED with information. Love them!

--Jon
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
I bought Don’s Svengali Pitch VHS tape a while back. It is not about being a magician or entertainer. It’s about making M-O-N-E-Y!!!!

I have pitched the decks at a local flea market for two years now. I make more than a buck or two and have a lot of fun.

Recently I did a freebie for the Cub Scouts. On a whim I asked if I could set up a table to sell magic tricks after the show. They said no problem. I sold enough decks @ $5.00 each to make my regular fee plus a bonus. I am seriously considering making this a regular part of my business. Do a freebie in exchange for permission to sell.

I have done street fairs where I have traded two thirty minute sets for a centrally located spot to sell. I have made more from the sales than they would have possibly paid me for the shows. Additionally, I am giving out my flyers all day to people that want them. They are asking me for my number and I give them a flyer. I am thinking of having a sign up sheet for my “Birthday Club” at my next street fair.

Pitching Svengali decks has been very good for me. I make money for doing an infomercial. Don’s video gives you the how and why of pitching Svengali decks in a clear, no-nonsense manner. There are no fancy flourishes or new effects. Just the best way to move decks and make money.

Thanks again Don.
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I don't care what level of magician you are, pitching Svengali decks will make you a better magician. If Copperfield ever starts pitching Svengali decks, he will become greater than Harry Houdini ever dreamed of becoming.

And there is no easier way to start pitching Svengali Decks than Don's video. Don tells all and shares all ... the inside secrets, I've pitched decks for 10 years and there was still something to learn from Don. The 'magnetic finish' bit alone is worth the price, no more people coming back complaining they cant do it.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13037 Posts

Profile of John C
Based on Don's DVD on building the tip I just bought his Svengali Pitch. I used the Building the Tip the other day at a street magic show and it worked like a champ. I was alone in the back of a clamshell. A band was playing on stage (they were the only attraction!) and I still built a pretty good crowd. It was fascinating to say the least.

John
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13037 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2005-06-05 11:37, DonDriver wrote:
Hey Guys,
They say one photo is worth a thousand words,so here are two thousand words.Just for those of you that don't have an idea of what pitching is all about.

http://www.zing-me.com/don4.jpg My pitch joint.

http://www.zing-me.com/don6.jpg Working a tip.

Thanks for all your kind words.
Later,Don

Don, can you send me a "Pitch Joint" via Paypal?

Thanks

John