The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Switch-A-Two by Mark Mason (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..14~15~16 [Next]
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1534 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2021, cardbiker wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2021, magictaffy wrote:
The original Switch-A-Roo came with a remote operation, whereby the switches could be made without touching the cards.
Is this available with the new version?

Not sure about a remote option on the old version, are you sure?

Remote might not be the best description. Let’s say there was a way of switching the cards with your hands by your side. Can’t see any reason why the new version could not do this.
Using this way is an absolute killer.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2838 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
There was no remote on the old one.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
There was a remote on the old one - have it in front of me - it was a metal pin to hook round and add an extension thread.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
... and just for completeness the A3 size instruction sheet has box on the second side with a dotted line round it titled 'The Remote'(for the original one)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I can confirm 100% Version 1 does have a remote and is exactly as Drtriage states.
It isn’t that bulky either as I have just being playing around with it again.
You can easily glue a magnet to the back and put one inside your pocket to make it like the new version.
Also the remote works well (it’s a mechanical remote) so you can do the switch with your hands by your sides as you just turn slightly while the spectator is looking at another card etc.
Or of course just do it on the off beat under misdirection.
I have an electronic version but like I say it’s too noisy, so keeping it simple is what actually makes this better imho Gaz 😊
Ps I don’t see the point of upgrading if you have the original as it’s not that bulky and I would always have a deck in that top pocket anyway and this takes no more space than that. I also don’t know if the new version has a mechanical remote
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2838 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I must be thinking of something else then. The switch A Roo I had had no remote that I remember?
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
This is perfect for Simon Aronson’s Side-Swiped
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I can confirm that the old one has a way of making a remote switch with a hook it includes and you use some thread.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes that’s correct and it has a fairly big section explaining the remote hook up on the A3 glossy instruction sheet Gaz 😊
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Yes I can confirm 100% Version 1 does have a remote and is exactly as Drtriage states.
It isn’t that bulky either as I have just being playing around with it again.
You can easily glue a magnet to the back and put one inside your pocket to make it like the new version.
Also the remote works well (it’s a mechanical remote) so you can do the switch with your hands by your sides as you just turn slightly while the spectator is looking at another card etc.
Or of course just do it on the off beat under misdirection.
I have an electronic version but like I say it’s too noisy, so keeping it simple is what actually makes this better imho Gaz 😊
Ps I don’t see the point of upgrading if you have the original as it’s not that bulky and I would always have a deck in that top pocket anyway and this takes no more space than that. I also don’t know if the new version has a mechanical remote

Hi Gaz, I bought the new one and am selling it on as I too prefer the original. There was more space to insert the card at the top and I find the action smoother. Sometimes new isn't always better.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very interesting.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
The prototype before the original version was thinner, like the new version. However they decided to go with the thicker version for launch because it was easier to use.

Looks like they've gone back in time to launch a version similar to the prototype from 20 years ago + magnets.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Just got mine and it fits in the shirt pocket just fine. Not exactly sure why the dimensions are so critical but here you go. Its 3 1/2" long x 2 7/8" wide x 1/2" thick at the bottom x 3/16" thick at the top. Hope this helps. This is great and works wonderful.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2021, Steven Conner wrote:
Just got mine and it fits in the shirt pocket just fine. Not exactly sure why the dimensions are so critical but here you go. Its 3 1/2" long x 2 7/8" wide x 1/2" thick at the bottom x 3/16" thick at the top. Hope this helps. This is great and works wonderful.

Best

Steve

Can we have that in metric please? 🤔🤣
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
Can we have that in metric please? 🤔🤣

88.9mm long X 98.425mm wide X 12.7mm thick at bottom X 4.7265mm at the top. Hope that helps.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
By the way, this device got me thinking and I sent a bunch of ideas to Craig Petty. Don't know yet if he'll find them useful enough to use or give out.

Greg
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3789 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I was thinking more along the line of waiting for the stage version for a headline prediction effect
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Sounds bigger than the original based on some posts above.
The original is about 89mm x 64mm and 12mm thick.
Who says size is important anyway?
It’s what you can do with it and how long it lasts that ultimately counts imo.
I will measure mine exactly later when I get home Gaz Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree with you Doric, I think the original was a hidden gem.
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
This is for those who missed it the first time around.
Which to be fair was a long time ago when marketing wasn’t like it is today Gaz 😊
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
I received this today - you were right Gaz, I love it.

Brilliantly simple!