The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Done by misdirection. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
iamthegoat2003
View Profile
New user
Sacramento
22 Posts

Profile of iamthegoat2003
I have seen this on various websites and it looks really good. I just want a second opinion on it.
The mind is too complicated to read,
but who is to say it can not be summarized?
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
It's great, well worth the money, definately buy it.
iamthegoat2003
View Profile
New user
Sacramento
22 Posts

Can you please tell me a lil more about it, like what is on it or the highlights? Thanks a bunch.
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
I have just received it today but it can't be played in English version.........

Does anyone of you who bought it encounter this problem?? Well, I'm using Power DVD 5.
elie brown
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of elie brown
You just have to turn the dvd.
One side of it is german version while the other side is in english.
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Thanks a lot
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
LOL.....I bought it last week and it literally took me 3 hours and 3 different DVD players to realize that.

Awesome DVD by the way!

Steve
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I enjoyed this DVD! The material is great, but I more enjoyed the performance of his FISM Act! His misdirection is excellent!

Sixx
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5942 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I wish I had more time to go into more detail but Yes! Muerte is a master at "misdirection" which he admits is a misnomer. By making his actions natural and balanced many things go right past the unsuspecting spectators.

There is so very much to be learned from this DVD. It is the first instance I can recall of sl***ing looking almost completely natural. Sl***ing a lit candle, WOW!

I put this DVD head and shoulders above the Flicking Fingers' DVD, which everyone seems to think so highly of. That ought to give you some perspective on the material contained on either side of this DVD.

Murphy's Magic is distributing it so it should be available through your favorite magic dealer everywhere.

Cheers,

Tom
iamthegoat2003
View Profile
New user
Sacramento
22 Posts

Thanks you guys
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I've always hated sleeving, it's such a cliche among laymen that magicians sleeve. Manuel actually inspired me to learn to sleeve because he actually puts the concept to good use, in ways I never thought were possible.
marcus2
View Profile
New user
uk
78 Posts

Profile of marcus2
Absolutely worth buying this 150 minutes long dvd! manuel muerte is awesome has a unique style..

marcus
guccimagic
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of guccimagic
I was extreemly disappointed very so/so material the candle vanish was un motivated, the speech about mis-direction boring, most the tricks use sl*****g
Magic Marty
View Profile
New user
Illinois
80 Posts

Profile of Magic Marty
After seeing Manuel perform live, I had to buy the DVD. His material is good, and as David mentioned above, he inspired me to start using sl*****g as a powerful tool.

He's also a very entertaining performer, and his FISM act is hilarious, no matter how many times you watch it. Definately worth the money.
federico luduena
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
253 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
A phenomenal work. Manuel Muerte's act and character deserve worldwide recognition. His act is practically all misdirection, with one or two gimmicks thrown in, which makes it so powerful. The formal aspect of the DVD is worth mentioning. Far from the traditional presentations, this is closer to experimental cinema, very funny and intelectually edgy. The explanations are at times schematic, but the overall concept is always there. One of those acts I was lucky enough to see more than once. By the way, it's interesting to see him work in German. Flip that DVD over one of these days.

federico
iamthegoat2003
View Profile
New user
Sacramento
22 Posts

I decided not to get it because sleeving is not for me.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
There is a lot to learn on the DVD that has little to do with sleeving.
Drive Carefully
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
316 Posts

Profile of A.J.
While I sincerely respect Manuel Muerte, I must say that I was disapointed by this DVD. Perhaps it's because the original Flicking Fingers DVD, "The Movie," was so spectacular that this pales in comparison.
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Is the FISM act on the DVD the same one as on Flicking Fingers....."The Mouse Act"?
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
His entire fism routine is on this dvd and totally explained, and he does his cups and balls 'mouse routine'