The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Jay Sankey rev. coin magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
Hey, I was just wondering what everyone thinks about Jay Sankey's Revolutionary Coin Magic DVD on sale at Penguinmagic.com, I hear its good. thanks, tom
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
It's not for beginners. It is excellent.
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
Does anybody know of any excellent dvds/videos/books for a relatively newcomer at coin magic?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27316 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Tom, there are good books, and thread on the Café the suggest them.

Dan Watkins has a nice site to help you also.

http://www.coinvanish.com

welcome to the Café.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
ECMME vol 1

ECMME vol 2

ECMME vol 3

And of Course, Bobo's Modern Coin Magic.

Those are the best tools available for learning beginner to intermediate level coin manipulation, IMHO

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Read This.
Click to visit:
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I feel it is terrible.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
I'm honestly not a big fan of Jay's coin material.

I use his Mr. Clean coins across when I have nothing to use but change from a friend, but the rest of his stuff isn't for me.

I guess it just depends on what magic you enjoy.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Love the messiah vanish.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of cloneman
I love it. His presentation is a nice change from the typical performer. He does a good job teaching the Goshman Pinch.
"Anything is possible... if you don't know what you are talking about."
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Don't overlook it...plenty of stuff to work with.
Chris Thibault
View Profile
Elite user
Massachusetts
469 Posts

Profile of Chris Thibault
There is lots of great material on here. The dvd comes with lots of extra material also.
-Chris
mysterious_guy
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of mysterious_guy
I love the DVD - I'm not a big coin fan but I got a lot out of this video. Gotta love Jay's material.
briantwig
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of briantwig
Rev. Coin Magic is an outstanding video with a boat load of material.

My one complaint about ALL Sankey videos is that there is never any live performances for layman to see the effects in a real world setting.
RxGregory
View Profile
New user
St. Charles, MO
65 Posts

Profile of RxGregory
I just got RCM, and viewed the entire DVD. Although he doesn't include any live performances, it's nice to see a pro like Jay Sankey include his goofs in the DVD. When he's doing his HPC-CPH, he messes up two or three times. It's almost gratifying to watch, knowing even HE can mess up, never miss a beat, and keep going. It's very humble of him to include those mistakes. After watching it through one time, there IS a boat load of material. You have to like his humor, though. My favorite was when he said something he thought was funny, paused for a bit, and yelled "LAUGH ***IT!" I would recommend it highly if you're a Sankey fan.
If it was easy, everybody would do it, and if everybody did it, it wouldn't be magic.
David Roth (Ultimate Coin Magic Vol. 11)
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
I am a big Sankey fan and think RCM is great. There is a ton of material for all skill levels, but like Dan and others, I think there are better DVDs for beginners. RCM is great, but not necessarily a great place to start in coin magic. For the money, there is simply no beating Michael Ammar's Intro to Coin Magic DVD. The Roth DVDs are good, but were originally released as VHS tapes and have a lot of instant replay and slow-motion shots. Both Roth and Ammar are great teachers though, and you can't go wrong with either's DVD.
w i l s o
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of w i l s o
I have the sankey and the roth tapes. I think RCM is a different kind of coin work to roth. Roth's is more classic, and stylish, Sankey's faster and quirky.
I like both. Roth for the beginner, Sankey for more advanced.
The Ammar video is a good introduction, but the format is quite boring.
Fayaad Manie
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Fayaad Manie
The Material in there is brilliant and reflects the wacky character of Jay sankey
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
What are these jokes on Christianity every keeps talking about? some people are offended and say they are not called for....... other people even Christians themselves say the jokes aren't blasphemous and are ok and are funny.

Gimme samples of these jokes and their context, is it okay? soemone PM me Smile

I already heard about one: "The Power of Christ compells you".

LOL

ciao.
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
571 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
The Power of Christ compells you...

That's a quote from The Exorcist.

Take care, Ian