The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: What are Ninja Rings worth? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
George50
View Profile
New user
Lancaster CA
60 Posts

Profile of George50
I'm thinking about selling my set of gold Ninja rings and would like to know what they worth.
Thanks George
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Not near what you paid for them. Second hand magic is very cheap. When you get 50 legit posts the "for sale" section of the Café will open up to you and you will be able to get an idea from there.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2014, George50 wrote:
I'm thinking about selling my set of gold Ninja rings and would like to know what they worth.
Thanks George

If they are un scratched, real gold Ninjas manufactured by Wizards Inn, then I wouldn't go less than a hundred bucks. I have three sets which I got directly from Shoot Ogawa that I will never part with. Best rings around, IMHO.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Good luck at trying to sell them at that price. I believe they only sold for $70 new. I got a gold set and 2 DVD when Shoot lectured here and bought them for $130. They will not increase in value, but decrease. They are not collector items. One guy got an identical set from China for about $30. Being they are not hallmarked, it is anyone guess that they aren't getting a copy. Of course we don't know if Shoot purchased them from the China source and just sold them at higher prices. Or the China source was commissioned and went behind Shoot's back and started selling his rings. Shoot told us they were expensive because of postage and shipping costs from Japan to the U.S. The one's he had with him, he said they brought over as luggage.

Just try to sell on eBay, and build up the fact the they are the real rings, with a DVD. You might get your money out of them.

I find your question interesting, that you do not know how much you paid for your sets. If you just left that out, then ask what you paid for them.

Everyone seems to lost interest in the Shoot rings currently and are not onto a different set of rings called the Messado Rings in black, kind of hard to tell when they are linked being black, but everyone wants a set now.

Never realized there would be 'Fads' in magic trick equipment, but it seems to be the current trend.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Just to clarify, I agree with the above post that a hundred bucks is probably more than what the market will bear, but I personally wouldn't sell for less than that amount.

Realistically, $50-$75 is probably a fair price.

Although, I imagine that comparing the original Wizards Inn rings, which are no longer manufactured (haven't been for nearly a decade, from what I recall), to the rings from China is not a great comparison. Anybody who has handled an original set of ninjas, either gold or silver, will probably attest to the idea that they are exceptional in quality. In the past I have handled rings from China and the quality was not up to the Wizards Inn rings. Maybe things have improved.
George50
View Profile
New user
Lancaster CA
60 Posts

Profile of George50
I think I paid $80.00 at Hollywood magic back in 05. The bag that came with them is marked "The Ninja 2003". I just pulled them out and they look very nice no scratches or dings (I hardly ever used them).
Thanks for all the info guys George
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3669 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Ninjas are great (I have the gold) but be sure and handle all four rings in practice or over time you will notice a sleight difference in the color of the **y and single as apposed to the other two.

While this can be an advantage as long as it is not too pronounced, it would not have been my first choice.

-Mary Mowder
George50
View Profile
New user
Lancaster CA
60 Posts

Profile of George50
Has anyone had any luck selling magic equipment on ebay?
civins
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
127 Posts

Profile of civins
Never sold anything on ebay, but bought plenty of magic related items with no issues.

There is definitely a market out there for second hand magic
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
2001 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I bought a set of Ninja rings, in silver, on ebay for $30 less than six months ago.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
RoyHarper
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of RoyHarper
You can check the sold items on ebay to get an idea of the going prices.

RH
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I have sold magic on E-bay UK before and Trade me NZ. I have also had a few surprise selling as well. I sold a few set of razzor edge dice in the UK they cost me 11USD at the time and I sold them at 15-20GBP the exchange rate was well in my favor at the time. Also sold a chop cup and 3 people got in a bidding war and I got a good the price for it. Felt a bit bad as I only brougth it 6 months before for a third of the price on the same auction site. But hay beging like a gamlour only telling you about the wins lots of stuff sold cheap.

You will not make a fortune but you will sell your stuff and clear a draw and have some money to fill it again.

Tips for on line auction,
1- Good clear photo of the item your selling. These need to be of the item not cut paste of the web,
2- Full and honest description- Reason your selling, any dink or marks.
3- Mark up your categories properly- so when pepole search your thing pops up. Not only are you ring a magic effect. there also a magic classic, A magic routine, for example.

I never put a reserve on as I always just want flog it. But there is also a theory this helps to sell it. People get involed and that's what you want. A friend of mine sell collectables and one item he sold at auction he said he will get 150-200 GBP for a item unless there are 3 real hard core collectors in the romm and he will get 150-300GBP he got 280Gbp for it happy daze.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
I have sold almost 6000.00 woth of magic in the last year , on E-bay.
I sold my Ninja Rings and now swear by the Mesado rings and routine.
Keith Shazam
SHAZAM!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
They are worth $10. I'll buy them for $11. PM me!!!!!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2014, Kaliix wrote:
I bought a set of Ninja rings, in silver, on ebay for $30 less than six months ago.

Are you sure they were ligit Ninja Rings?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The China seller's on eBay do sell 4 rings, but no strap comes with them.

The Ninja's from China are not sold by the China's sellers are on eBay. There is another China wholesale site on the web that sells them in the box with the strap and DVD.

Kaliix's post is very vague, he gives no details, if it was a China seller purchase of just a lucky bidding war he won. Pointless posting.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
2001 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Gee Bill, I wouldn't want my post to be pointless...

I bought my Ninja rings off ebay for 29.95 in Jan 2014. It was from a private seller, not a wholesaler from China. The deal was for original Ninja rings from Japan, signed by Shoot Ogawa himself, with the DVD included. I was the only bidder on the auction. No strap was included though.

You could argue that I got a good deal, but that was the price I paid.

Quote:
On Jan 3, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
The China seller's on eBay do sell 4 rings, but no strap comes with them.

The Ninja's from China are not sold by the China's sellers are on eBay. There is another China wholesale site on the web that sells them in the box with the strap and DVD.

Kaliix's post is very vague, he gives no details, if it was a China seller purchase of just a lucky bidding war he won. Pointless posting.

Click here to view attached image.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Kaliix, that I what I figured, but you neglected to mention it, you bid on them, that actually has little to do with the original post actually. Bidding is much different then selling to the masses so all can get the same great price as you did. It is okay to brag, but you should have said you bid on them to be fair in your post.

I did the same thing with an automobile outside side mirror. I was the only bidder, so I got the bottom bid with postage paid. That does not mean everyone will get the price I paid.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
2001 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Honestly, I wasn't bragging, I was just answering your post and responding to it being pointless. Bidding on them is not really relevant because I got them for the initial offering price and there was not really any bidding to speak of just one offer to buy it at the starting price.

What one can get for Ninja rings is soley dependent on what someone is willing to pay for them at the time one is offering them for sale. For the week that the Ninja rings I bought were on offered for sale on ebay, the only interested bidder was me and the price paid was about $30. That price goes into the average price that ebay would compute if you were trying to list Ninja rings for sale, as it would take that sale into it's calculation of the average sale price.

That was really my only point in mentioning it.

Quote:
On Jan 17, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Kaliix, that I what I figured, but you neglected to mention it, you bid on them, that actually has little to do with the original post actually. Bidding is much different then selling to the masses so all can get the same great price as you did. It is okay to brag ($150 for a QB2, that is bragging), but you should have said you bid on them to be fair in your post.

I did the same thing with an automobile outside side mirror. I was the only bidder, so I got the bottom bid with postage paid. That does not mean everyone will get the price I paid.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
2001 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
For the record, a set of Ninja rings just sold on the Café for $36.95 including shipping.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=76
~Daniel J. Boorstin