The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Whats a good Color changing knife dvd (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
Looking for a good color knife routine to do. I have the 3 Joe Morgar Knives. Looking for a Dvd. Thanks
Billy-one
View Profile
Inner circle
IOWA
1028 Posts

Profile of Billy-one
Malone on the loose, vol....3 maybe?

Billy
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1571 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Joe Mogar actually sells a color changing knife DVD. Not very exciting but you learn quite a few moves and routines.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
There's a couple of good books on the market.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
marD
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of marD
Intricate Web of Distraction by Whit Haydn
At Ease Tees - Christian apparel and other items!
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3885 Posts

Profile of Julie
Mark Wilson used to sell a nice basic cc knife dvd...
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
I own the Mark Wilson DVD. It is actually sold with a set of knives, and is available at Hocus-Pocus.com The price is a bit steep at $59.95 but worth it in my opinion, at least for me since I did not own the knives already. Mark's routine is really good.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3885 Posts

Profile of Julie
Hi Bill

I seem to recall Mark's DVD set came with the smaller knives made along the lines of the Saunders(sp?) knives i.e. black & white (black has the "textured" finish) in your choice of either a two or three knife set.
Nice little knives.

Julie
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
Correct, Julie, except that I believe the sets sold currently are three-knife sets. At first I was disappointed at the smaller size but when I used them I realized this was actually an advantage. The three knives occupy little pocket space and the texture identifies the color by feel. I carried these in my pockets for several weeks at work until I had shown the effect to just about everybody I knew. I get a real kick out of showing the audience how I do it (?) only to do it again and then hand out the two knives for them to examine.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
First try to come up with your own reason and routine.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Try here http://www.markwilsonmagic.com/knives.htm might as well give Mr Wilson the business.

Best
Leo Jr
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1918 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I will second Whit Haydn's Intricate Web of Distraction DVD.....it's great to have along with Whit's Intricate Web of Distraction Booklet.

Whit shows his thinking and reasoning behind his routine and the Mogar knives used are an excellent set.

Whit convinced me to try his knives and his routine here and he was right.....it's terrific.

Strong and entertaining magic!
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Whit Haydn's Intricate Web of Distraction DVD is gold. Great routine. I actually learned the routine (and the moves) from his pamplet about 15 years ago. I still love performing the routine.
Peter Biro is right though. the knives lend themselves well to your creativity. Have fun with them. I use Whit's routine if I use them for stage, different routining for closeup.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
I got Chad Long's Flash and I found them very easy to use. If you like color changing knives (i love my Mogar knives) then you will love how easy Chad's flash drives are. When I perform in schools, I use Flash so I'm not taking knives to school.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1918 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Jcrabtree2007:

I had the DISTINCT PRIVILEDGE of meeting Matt Schulien and seeing him do his version of the color-changing knives in 1965 at a visit to Schulien's on Irving Park Road in Chicago.

Seeing Matt do his version and watching the reactions of the spectators watching Matt was special....and forever influenced my approach to performing Magic.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3885 Posts

Profile of Julie
...and Matt had a unique "built-in" servante' to facilitate holding out and switching said knives. Smile

Julie
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1918 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Julie:

So correct!

Matt Schulien was truly "one of a kind"! His knife routine is in his book.....I highly recommend the book and taking a good look at his routine.

I have never....to this day....seen so many "civilians" have so much fun seeing a magician perform magic as I saw at Schuliens.

Matt had 'em going with "tears in their eyes" they were laughing so hard and having so much fun.
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Johnny Thompson's routine from his DVD set is the best I have seen.
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
Bill Malone have a good one (if you are a gifted entertainer!)
Whit Haydn published a very good routine
But (I know it's not a DVD) if you are really interested by the subject, the book from Ascanio on the subject is an absolute must (now in english, lucky you!)
stevegreene
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of stevegreene
Flash in my opinion is really good. I don't have the knives but It teaches a good routine that can be applied to the knives