The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: The New Tutorials by Oz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Just was browsing along the internet when I came across Penguin Magic. I saw that the website has put up 4 New Instand Downloads by Oz. I watched them all and would like to put up a review on them.

*Quatum Bandits,
Effect/Opinion> Two elastic bands penatrate threw each other. This is a very very old trick and I learned it a long time ago.
Where Can it be Learned? You can find it on Jay Sankey's Real Magic Video.

*Pyro Penetration,
Effect/Opinion> Two matchsticks go threw each other just like the Quatum Bandits trick.
Where Can it Be found? I believe this can be found on one of the Daryl Fooler Doolers Volumes.

*Thought Foreseen,
Effect/Opinion> The Spectator cuts the deck several times and remembers the top Card. The magician then reveals the selelcted Card by writting it on a notepad.
Based on a old deck force principle. I think I have this force when I bought the Cyber Card trick.

*Tip of the Tongue,
Effect/Opinion> The magician reveals the selected card by finding it in his mouth.
I learned this trick by watching David Blaine Street Magic show a while back.

Im my opinion, Nothing too spectacular. Just Another batch of Tutorials that are based on old effects.
If you want to watch em, Here is the Link:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/downloads.php
Would like to know what you guys think. Smile
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
The match penetration trick can also be found in Bill Malone's 4th DVD
Yours,

Ivan
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
I thought cyber card doesn't use a force?

that's what it says in the description.
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
The match penetration trick is very old. It's in Martin Gardner's book (yeah...it's in a book but you have to read it) The Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
How did you discover those instant downloads ? I couldn't find it in the new arrivals section nor on the instant downloads section, only making a search for them.
Smile
rlk7
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rlk7
"Click here to browse our entire collection of Instant Downloads." it says that at the bottom of the page. but here is the link to get there: http://www.penguinmagic.com/downloads.php
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Quantam Bandits.... CMH!!!! Pyro Penetration.....CPH!!!

Tip of the tounge....Card in Mouth!!! These are all rip-offs of the creators Smile Oz only performs them for penguin, it's their fault if they get in trouble not his.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1170 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
DJ might I add one thing here in regards to what you said "Oz only performs them for penguin, it's their fault if they get in trouble not his."

Nobody is holding a gun to his head making him film these clips, he knows what they are going to be used for so he is just as responsible as this so-called company that penguin is. If he's the great magician he thinks he is, then he should know that what he is doing is just plain wrong. Nuff said.

Luke
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Quote:
On 2003-09-23 14:57, blitzchampion wrote:
How did you discover those instant downloads ? I couldn't find it in the new arrivals section nor on the instant downloads section, only making a search for them.
Smile

Just wanted to let you know that I provided the link to where you can view the Instant Downloads in my original post. Smile
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I like his DVD, but he seems to be stealing a lot of material here... Maybe he does credit the creators in the video.
MagicMaker
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of MagicMaker
Pyro penetration

You must be joking Penguin Magic?

6.00 dollars for a trick I have in a magic book. The trick alone isn't worth a dollar.
mrbungle
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of mrbungle
Even if he credits them, then all of us could start a website selling 'card to ceiling' and credit Ammar. For $5.99! Nope, it is not fair.
Grandia Enterprises inc. 1974
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
WHAT? CMH is known at penguin as DOWNLOAD called quatum bandits? THat's ridiculous... Oz should reject such offers. And I feel that magic should NEVER be sold at $5.95 or so on on DOWNLOADABLE videos. It's blatantly aimed at the public.
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
BathTub
View Profile
Regular user
Wellington, NZ
102 Posts

Profile of BathTub
Here is the thread on PM that deals with this topic.
Including a few comments from PM people.
Nigel McNaughton aka 'BathTub'
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
So, based on the logic of people's posts in here, Dan Harlan should be arrested for including CMH in his rubber band videos and so should the guy who wrote "elastrix".
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
What has that got to do. They are supposed to get the permission of the creator, and I am sure the L&L do.
Yours,

Ivan
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
The effect was known as Crazy Man's Handcuffs on Dan Harlan's tape if I'm not wrong. And that gives it the least of credit that any effect deserves.

Plus, this is a classic effect, a powerful one, that even David Copperfield performed on his special. Now it is being sold as and INSTANT DOWNLOAD for a few bucks? It's amazingly unethical and ridiculous. I'm extremely appalled.

Oz has a few nice creations which he has all the right to sell as a download as it belongs to him despite the fact that it is aimed at the public. But the snap change? There's no respect for even a dead man?
Penguin should really do something about it!

Also, the price of the invisible deck should be increased.

Most professional magicians make their own as they do know this old principle.
However, layman do not, and should not deserve the right to own such a powerful effect at the price of an instant download, cheaper than some I might add. I'm sure some of you agree.

Huron
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
Welcome to capitalism. The almighty dollar reigns supreme, anything to make a quick buck...

It's sad, but it's where we're at these days.
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
TheJames
View Profile
New user
USA
24 Posts

Profile of TheJames
I've never liked the instant downloads. I think they are way overpriced, but that's just me. Like Mister said, the dollar reigns. Thinking about the quantum bandits/CMH deal, I thought of this...I see no problem in renaming the trick, as long as he gives credit. If he said in the download "This is Quantum Bandits, also known as CMH" then personally I would see no problem with it. I'm not gonna spend $6-10 on these downloads, so I don't know if he does anything like that or not.
A wedding? I love weddings! Drinks all around!

http://jraglandmagicstore.cjb.net
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Some of Oz's downloads arn't bad.
Like Red Hot Mamacita, Synergy, Fish Sandwhich, and Ultimate Ace Assembly. I thought these downloads were well worth the money!!!