The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: This is too good not to share..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
And it also gives me an idea for using a donkey in the act!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7676 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Cute. An old bit I have not seen in years.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
This is great.....
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It reminds me of a previous video we seen where the performer was abusing the animals. The ferrets could have got hurt from their previous position or falling to the floor.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7676 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Got hurt? Not really, I am sure these animals are loved and well cared for.

Whey must people who see a performing animal think so often that it must not be good for the animal.

For instance, I just made a load bag for a guy's 4# angora rabbit. When he sits the bag down, the rabbit walks into it by itself. Does anyone really believe an abused animal would do that?

I am sorry. I am an old farm boy who raised animals. I just do not buy all this political correctness concerning animals. Some people care more about the animals than their kids or people.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2011-04-09 08:09, hugmagic wrote:
Got hurt? Not really, I am sure these animals are loved and well cared for.

Whey must people who see a performing animal think so often that it must not be good for the animal.

For instance, I just made a load bag for a guy's 4# angora rabbit. When he sits the bag down, the rabbit walks into it by itself. Does anyone really believe an abused animal would do that?

I am sorry. I am an old farm boy who raised animals. I just do not buy all this political correctness concerning animals. Some people care more about the animals than their kids or people.

Richard

*Applause*
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I'm tired of all this political correct crap too. Many animals are bred for very special purposes, including food, coats, pets, work, and any number of other things. I love animals, and yes, I eat them too. And for every vegan out there who labels us meat eaters as animal killers, each time I sit down and enjoy a good steak, I thank the Lord for His putting cattle on the planet for us as food to consume.

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
I respect anyones personal decisions as to what they do or don't want to do in good conscience.

Myself. I love the animal world and that includes accepting that predators are there to eat prey, and that biologically we are part-predator as can be observed in the actions of our closest relative (chimpanzees.)

I also know animal lovers who hate zoos because they think its wrong to cage wild animals. Myself I thank *my* god for Zoos because at the rate we are destroying their habitat, if it weren't for zoos the animals would be gone altogether. I also happen to think a nice comfortable zoo with room to exercise, 2 meals a day provided, and health care is frankly better then they'd get in the wild (and better then we afford some humans in our society.)

Posted: Apr 9, 2011 11:19pm
The clip was fun. What well trained ferrets!
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Members were against the handling of the ferrets in the following thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=13 I have to agree with them.
Watch the fall in slow motion at 5:16 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrDDESCS7m0

I use pets in my show too. But I am against letting them fall to the ground.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Hrm. at risk of opening an old topic... I had a friend with ferrets and they were basically furry-slinkies on crack. They were Always bounding up and off surfaces, in and out of every nook and cranny, and so forth.

I really don't think a less then 6 foot fall is gonna hurt any of them. Keep in mind that terminal velocity is controlled by the weight/mass to surface area ratio. Since mass grows at the cube of the surface area, size makes a HUGE difference as to the speed at which you fall to the ground in earth atmosphere. An elephant can crush its own legs just tripping, a mouse can fall off the balcony at the empire state building and run away.

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 12:27pm
Hmm. various web sources say Ferrets don't have the fall capacity of cats, but generally don't set a maximum safe height. (Those that do are all over the place.)
Now I didn't see the rest of the act, just the ferret coat.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I use to have ferrets in my show. Ferrets have short legs. Falling at heights and the position the ferrets did on the video are not recommended for ferrets. If you watch the video in slow motion ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrDDESCS7m0 ) you will noticed how the ferrets are hitting their heads on a hard surfaced floor. Imagine getting hit in the head by another human being. Each hit will damage more nerves in your brain. I bet that animal abuser in the video purchases so many ferrets throughout a year because the ferrets he is using lose the lives fast from the actual performance and practice. That is called animal brutality.

A non-abusive magician can make doves appear in a relaxing manner. That is what most of us members do. But imagine training the dove to fly into a wall after appearance. That would change the act into animal cruelty.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Okay doke, I'll take your word Mike as you know more then me about this.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Oh yea, check out the ferret on the right at 5:11. It seems he is having a seizure/concussion from the fall of hitting his head. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrDDESCS7m0 The video cuts off not showing how he leaves the scene.

The reason the abuser is getting away with it is because he is in a different country. Their laws are not as tight as ours when is it comes to care for animals. Because of their economy those people will do anything for money.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
That's sad, because I liked the idea of the routine. Im sorry he (she?) didn't find a way to do it that was safe for his animals Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I agree with you how you liked the routine. The audience usually likes it too. But after I saw the video in slow motion, I could see what was actually happening. The audience does not see what happens in slow motion either.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
This routine is great in the circus atmosphere, It is on a sawdust flooring, it was a bummer to see it on Danilari, with the hard floors, should of had Matts down on the floor just for that bit. It is a good routine though. Even if it was just done with her standing in a small circle of flooring that was done in sawdust???
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Even though I enjoy my meat, I love all animals and don't want to see any in pain. I would think, more often than not, that dropping small animals onto the ground would cause angst to the average person. Whether the animal is equipped to deal with the fall isn't the issue - it's the perception that the animal could be hurt. There's a good reason that some dove acts will pet the first dove produced, even giving them a kiss on the head, before placing them on a perch. While I'm as tired of the rampant political correctness as anyone, there's a difference in someone saying or doing something that isn't considered "PC" and someone who puts other living things in a seemingly dangerous situation.

Also, I've seen both humans and animals have seizures. To me, it looks like the one ferret is having a sneezing fit which, being low to the ground, they tend to do at times.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2011-04-10 16:07, Michael J. Douglas wrote:
While I'm as tired of the rampant political correctness as anyone, there's a difference in someone saying or doing something that isn't considered "PC" and someone who puts other living things in a seemingly dangerous situation.

:applause: I agree.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Yikes, I'm sorry I posted the link in the first place. I'd never seen the effect before and I was charmed by it. I don't know enough about ferrets to know how they really react to this effect. OK, maybe there's a right way and a wrong way to accomplish the same end. Like mats on the floor, etc. I'm not in favor or torturing animals, and I've never worked with them. But I wouldn't kill the effect just because some folks have mis-managed their animals. Anything is possible if you try hard enough.