The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Wayne Dobson "A Life In Magic" from rsvpmagic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Everyone,

I've finished shooting and editing the main trailer for the new Wayne Dobson project which will give you more of an idea of just what and who is on the three DVDs. I hope you enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rsvpmagic

Best,
Russ
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
A fantastic trailer Russ, Wayne is a master, but are you trying to make a poor man of me?!! (James Brown, Mark James, Mel Mellers, Lee Smith... I can't keep hiding all these from the wife!)
Charlie
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Very entertaining. Another RSVP winner!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Russ,

Please don't make us to wait for ages, when can we expect it to release?

Bob
Best Regards,

Bob
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Bob, Charlie and Chris,

Glad you like the trailer! The DVDs should be released by the end of this month and I'll let you know a certain date once we have it. Thanks again for your kind words and support.

Best,
Russ
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Thanks for the reply Russ,

So any idea of the price for this awsome 3 disk set? (Well, I know it is technically priceless)
Best Regards,

Bob
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello mrmuji,

Sorry for the slight delay in replying, but I've been chained to the computer finishing these DVDs off!

Running times are officially, Volume 1 - 2 hours, Voume 2 - 1 hour 45 minutes and Volume 3 - 2 hours. It's been the biggest project we've created to date and the project is really great with a completely new kind of format that I, at least, haven't seen before.

Price in the U.S will be $29.99, but please register for our newsletter for a special pre-order deal.

Best,
Russ
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Thanks Russ,

Just registered, I m on your mailing list already!

Regards,
Bob
Best Regards,

Bob
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Everyone,

Just to let you know that Wayne Dobson's new DVD set is now ready to pre-order. If you order the set before the release date, you also get a copy of "Corporate Close-Up with Martin Sanderson" completely free ($45.00 value).

Thanks for all your kind words and messages about this DVD set.

Best,
Russ
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
945 Posts

Profile of andykean
Ordered mine! what a deal!!!

Russ's DVD'S always great quality, and remind me of good old blighty.
says the northerner living in Auckland!
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1700 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
On 2010-04-19 20:44, russ stevens wrote:
Running times are officially, Volume 1 - 2 hours, Voume 2 - 1 hour 45 minutes and Volume 3 - 2 hours.

Why don't you put everything on one DVD and bump the price up? Or even put two DVD's in a single case?

Publishers seem intent on splitting everything up into different DVD's. I can understand why it's done on a financial level, but it really does start to get irritating when you have a shelf full of 3 volume sets that could have all fit on one disc, or inside a multiple DVD case....
andykean
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of andykean
Any update on release date?
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Andy,

All orders were shipped out on Monday (10th May). They are available from ourselves and most UK dealers, whilst Murphys should have them in a day or so for the U.S.

Best,
Russ
andykean
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of andykean
Thanks I will let you know when they arrive
andykean
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of andykean
Arrived watched the first one.
great stuff reminded me of home ( plus some performances filmed at my friend Mark's latest magic pub)
Wayne you are a special person, thanks Russ for this treasure trove of real world effects and vintage Wayne Dobson performances...... fantastic idea!
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
575 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
My set arrived yesterday (Saturday) morning as well. Only had time to watch the first DVD and I must say this is FANTASTIC! Not only have I learned some really nice effects that I will use but I laughed my ass off!

I loved the old footage of Wayne's performances especially when he did the whole ventriliquist thing with real people! I think it is a clever concept that some of these effects that were performed on stage in front of hundreds of people are then performed close-up in a more intimate setting. Also, Mark James is awesome!

All in all, volume 1 did not dissapoint at all. I take my hat off to RSVPmagic, very well done! Can't wait to watch the other two volumes.

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
MarkJames
View Profile
New user
Preston, England
17 Posts

Profile of MarkJames
Wow, Robert thanks for the great feedback. Working on this project was I huge honour. Wayne was always a hero of mine before he was a friend, being asked to be part of this was amazing. I hope everyone else has the same enthusiasm about it as you. Cheers buddy
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
575 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Mark,
You're very welcome. I'll be viewing volume 2 of the Wayne Dobson DVDs today. I must say that you impressed me so much that I turned around and ordered your Super Charged Classics 1 & 2. Looking forward to checking out your material. So much magic and so little time...

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
MarkJames
View Profile
New user
Preston, England
17 Posts

Profile of MarkJames
That's awesome buddy, I really hope you enjoy them. If you have any questions about anything then please feel free to email me. unusualcomedy@live.co.uk Thanks for the positive feedback.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Love the Mark James DVDs, super practical. Have this set on my desk but have not had time to watch yet