The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring Scape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
I saw this video on youtube, its called Ring Scape. It looks really good, I would like to get some comments from anyone that has this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMM1ha4nrDs

Rick
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10005 Posts

Profile of funsway
Looks more than good from this angle. Where is it avialable?
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
Check out Jamie Grant's review from his Magic Friday column:

http://magicfriday.blogspot.com/2008/11/......_16.html

He seems to like it Smile I bought it after reading his review.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I was initially interested in this as well but passed on it after seeing a live demo. You pretty much have to keep the ring in motion so they don't see what's *really* happening.

You need to use their oversized plaid shoelace, but with some work you can make your own out of something that looks a bit more "normal."

If you still want to try it, it's available from Fantasma Magic.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5695 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Isn't this like the SWING A RING that was out a while ago?
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5695 Posts

IF it's the same as the Swing a Ring, can you pass the shoelace out to be examined? With Swing a Ring you could do just that b/c the gimmick would "slide" inside of the lace down to the middle of the lace where it was needed.

My guess is that it does NOT slide up and down in this version since they provide you an extra shoelace (my guess ungimmicked).

Can anyone shed some light?

I have Swing a Ring but seldom ever use it b/c I have a killer Ring and Ribbon routine that is ungimmicked...but I enjoy playing around with stuff like this every so often....

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
344 Posts

Profile of dedikc
Henry Mayol from france does this trick with a key ring and a shoelace. It's a good routine and seem impromptu. You can do this in a minute. You have more time to prepare your script!!
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1739 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
C. Lyle -- with the Fantasma outfit you can slide the gimmick to any location you want. The extra shoelace you receive is also gaffed.

The effect looks great live and can be done close-up. There are several very magical moments. Nobody ever questions the shoelace, and I don't see a problem with keeping the ring in motion.

Cheers,
Jerry
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
I will say one thing. I think that some of the actions may expose the method a bit. For example, when you toss the ring on, I've had spectators catch on to the method even with the ring in motion (it's almost too impossible). Not sure, could be my handling.
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
I ordered this last night and will give a review after I receive it. I see what micromega123 means that it seems too impossible when you just drop the ring on. I really like when he spins the ring on the table and grabs it with the string.

Rick
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
My favorite move is actually when he ties the ring onto the string. You'll see this done on the dvd once you get it. You can pretty fairly show the string when it's "tied" on.
KURT MOORE LARSON
View Profile
New user
New Britain, Connecticut USA
30 Posts

Profile of KURT MOORE LARSON
I've had this effect for perhaps a bit over 6 months...and it never fails to blow the spec away. I don't see a problem with keeping the ring in motion just a tad...I agree with micromega123 that the tie-on totally sells the effect. I would recommend this to everybody...requires no reset. Get it!
Kurt Moore Larson is "The Amusionist".
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
As Funsway asked "Where is it avialable"?
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Nonvpro, here's one of several places it is available.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sk......32319125

Rick
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
I found it even cheaper here....
http://www.etrickshop.com/product.cgi?pr......up=93578

Rick
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Can anyone chime in here who has both "Swing-A-Ring" and "Ring Scape" and explain what the differences are between them? Swing-A-Ring comes with 2 Stainless Steel Rings, "Ultra-Gimmick, Special Shoe-Lace and Routine Instructions. Ring Scape comes with a black and white shoelace, 1.75-inch metal ring and detailed instructions with 12 different routine ideas and tips.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5695 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-09-15 20:29, KURT MOORE LARSON wrote:
I've had this effect for perhaps a bit over 6 months...and it never fails to blow the spec away. I don't see a problem with keeping the ring in motion just a tad...I agree with micromega123 that the tie-on totally sells the effect. I would recommend this to everybody...requires no reset. Get it!

Kurt,

The ring itself...is it SEEMLESS?
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
Quote:
On 2009-09-14 17:40, Christopher Lyle wrote:
IF it's the same as the Swing a Ring, can you pass the shoelace out to be examined? With Swing a Ring you could do just that b/c the gimmick would "slide" inside of the lace down to the middle of the lace where it was needed.

My guess is that it does NOT slide up and down in this version since they provide you an extra shoelace (my guess ungimmicked).

Can anyone shed some light?

I have Swing a Ring but seldom ever use it b/c I have a killer Ring and Ribbon routine that is ungimmicked...but I enjoy playing around with stuff like this every so often....

Christopher

As Jerry said, the extra lace is also gimmicked. With the two you can perform the old rope through neck trick. I bought this at the FISM in Stockholm, from mr Lovell himself at the Fantasma booth. Ther was no dvd in this package however so I am not familiar with the tying of the ring onto the lace wich have been mentioned in this thread. Anyone know where it can be obtained (don't feel like buying the whole kit again for it so...)

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well (Donald Duck)
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I ask again, can anyone chime in here who has both "Swing-A-Ring" and "Ring Scape" and explain what the differences are between them? Swing-A-Ring comes with 2 Stainless Steel Rings, "Ultra-Gimmick, Special Shoe-Lace and Routine Instructions. Ring Scape comes with a black and white shoelace, 1.75-inch metal ring and detailed instructions with 12 different routine ideas and tips.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10974 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
The tiles have been changed to protect the inosent
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com