The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Lorayne DVD's any good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
cardfreax
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
181 Posts

Profile of cardfreax
Hi, guys. Do you guys think Lorayne's DVD's are good? Which one is the best one?

I'm aware that he has "Magical Classics DVD by Harry Lorayne" and a few other DVD's I can't remember. Can anyone tell me what they are and are they good?

thx..
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
I personally love Lorayne's DVD, both the Magical Classics (double edition) and his best teacher series, and volume 10 has a 1 hour bonus of one of Harry's memory demonstration. (WOW!)

Some very good card material! His Ultra-Move is one of the most cunning and devious card changes I have ever seen!!!

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
I love them and think they are great, I would say that Magical Classics is good if you have some of his books... If you don't have his books I would recommend going with his "Harry Lorayne Is Probably The Best Teacher..." video series.
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I Love the Magical Classics. I think his Best Teacher Ever series is not that strong.
He seems to come off very cocky, which I understand that he is.

Is it worth the money? Ammar's easy to master Series is better.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
Regardless of what you may think of Loraynes' rather strong personality, many of the card effects and methods he presents on this series of tapes/DVDs are really magical, practical, and commercial. These effects are gems culled from Loraynes' many classic card books, and it is interesting to see them performed and explained by their creator.

I have them all and consider them a valuable part of my video library.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The set is worth viewing. Keeping? I don't think so. I sold them. I took some of his ideas. Some of his plots are boring.

The last in the series that came out on DVD has some strong routines.

cardfreax
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
181 Posts

Profile of cardfreax
awright..so guys, what are the DVD's he has? The magical classics and Best Teacher Series (which volumes?)
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10974 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Many of us have learned from Harry Lorayne.
He's, in my opinion, one of the best teachers of magic. I recommend all his videos. There is something for all of us.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well, his coin vanishes and rubber band stuff is not up to par. Pretty good for 40 years ago, but there have been improvements by others.

Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Talk about waiting SIX YEARS to respond!!! I just saw this thread - people do like to point out these old ones to me. What's interestng to me is the change of mind of Mr. Kavanagh. In a more recent thread/post he said, and I quote, "Harry Lorayne IS card magic!" And he raves about me (very nice) in many recent (over the past two years, let's say) posts. But way back then (here)he said, for one, that my "rubber band stuff" was not up to par. WHAT "rubber band stuff" I demo and teach my Snap!, which many (I mean MANY) tell me is still the best quick and impromptu broken/restored rubber band item, and which started the whole rubber band craze. It's nice to see that Mr. Kavanagh has "grown up." HL. (I know that nobody cares, or will read this, but it makes me feel better!)
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
LOL. Interesting because I was watching Harry's "Best Ever" material last night trying to learn his classic force behind your back.

Harry, back then, in another thread, I made a comment about a sleight and you sent me a private e-mail swearing at me ( Mother #@#@$, etc. good NY street stuff ), threatened me and accused me of all sorts of stuff.

So, I slammed you in this thread ( I think elsewhere anytime your name came up ) trying to get your goat. You missed this thread, but caught others and would send me anther nasty note each time. It was a game I see others play with you, which is why I try to stop them because I know what they are doing.

The angry 'war' between us went on for awhile and then you sent me a note saying that you had too much to drink when you first wrote, apologized and offered to send me a signed copy of a book. We apologized to each other and became friendly.

6 years ago I shouldn't have acted childish in slamming you just because you sent me a nasty PM. It accomplished nothing and was plain dumb.

And I stand behind my recent statement that "Harry Lorayne IS card magic!" I've been a fan since Closeup Card Magic ( yep, I had the book in the 1960's ).

As one of my hero's, Malcom X, would say after they would bring up an old, angry quote of his:

"I don't care what I said last year, last month, or last week. All I care about is what I'm saying today, right now".

mamutrance
View Profile
New user
Ireland, living in London!
46 Posts

Profile of mamutrance
I didn't realize you guys had 'beef' at one stage Smile In my opinion Harry, I wouldn't be the magician I am today without your Magical Classics set, and strangly enough have also have been watching and working on the behind the back classic force this week!
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Honestly,
Being raised on MTV like Magic videos, with cutting edge CRISS ANGEL MINDFREAK, david blaine type whatever, ELLUSIONIST, products. I thought Harry would just be one of those old farts.

Boy was I wrong! I love watching his videos as entertainment! They're enjoyable and the magic is good!
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
But still an old fart! Sorry to disappoint you. HL.

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I've had wonderful PM's with Harry since our row years ago. He's been kind and extremely generous and I hope the folks that try to get his goat would take the time to get to know Harry as I have.

When I'm in NY this summer and spending time in a nice pub having some cold ones, if I feel hands around my throat and I wake up in the alley later on, I can say I met him in person.

tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Now that is funny........
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-03-20 17:49, tedski wrote:
Now that is funny........

Of course it is, it won't be your throat.

:rotf:

jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1481 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2009-03-20 17:56, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

Of course it is, it won't be your throat.

:rotf:

Now THAT is funny!
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Well, that's three - so, folks, good news - we have THE RITZ BROTHERS. (Or is it THE THREE STOOGES?!). hl.

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
If the Borscht Belt was still here, we could go on the road!