The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Dove magic in short sleeves (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sier5
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of sier5
I was wondering what effects with doves, or any kind of bird, can be done in short sleeves.
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Hi sier5,

We have developed a dove routine that we do for beach theme parties (usually held in the dead of winter here in Canada).

I wear a slightly larger than needed Hawaiian style short-sleeve shirt unbuttoned over a plain white T Shirt. The T Shirt is actually sewn up with dove p**k**s. Therefore, I have up to 4 doves loaded and ready to go.

The gimmick is white on white beneath a brightly covered shirt. Works great and really catches the audience off guard.
sier5
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of sier5
That is genius.
Jethro Magic
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Jethro Magic
I think Greg Frewin sells his DVD on producing doves with short sleeves.
sier5
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of sier5
Yeah, but that is sleeve tossing, and it is pretty expensive.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
John T. Sheets has amazing tosses with no sleeves too, and it's totally clean. I think there may be video on YouTube...
DANSPERRY.COM
sier5
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of sier5
That was amazing. His bubbler effect is cool, too. Can your Dove from Sketch Pad be done in short sleeves?
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
Is there a video anywhere showing his act using the bubbler?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2008-12-06 14:09, sier5 wrote:
I was wondering what effects with doves, or any kind of bird, can be done in short sleeves.

Actually, most can.

Dove magic is about much, much more than sleeves.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
Quote:
On 2008-12-06 20:48, sier5 wrote:
That was amazing. His bubbler effect is cool, too. Can your Dove from Sketch Pad be done in short sleeves?

Yes, it can, and it's a great trick!
sperris
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Edward knows, haha...yep, Sketch Pad is totally self-contained, so is the Pro Dove Bag off my site as well...I'm actually coming out with an entire line of self-contained dove and small animal props in '09 starting in January...
DANSPERRY.COM
Ben Pratt
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Ben Pratt
Maybe you can also try talking to Dave Womach about this. He had an act as well that was done with a T shirt.
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
Quote:
On 2008-12-07 14:05, sperris wrote:
Edward knows, haha...yep, Sketch Pad is totally self-contained, so is the Pro Dove Bag off my site as well...I'm actually coming out with an entire line of self-contained dove and small animal props in '09 starting in January...

I look forward to seeing them!!!
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
You can convert Sylvester the Jester's Animated Suspension video from a topit shirt into a dove shirt. That's what I did. Very deceptive.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Lou, I assume you mean Sylvester's Suspended Dimension? I wondered if you could use that with doves. Would you happen to have a video of how it turned out?
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Quote:
On 2008-12-10 07:45, Michael J. Douglas wrote:
Lou, I assume you mean Sylvester's Suspended Dimension? I wondered if you could use that with doves. Would you happen to have a video of how it turned out?

Yes, Michael, it's the Suspended Dimension video. I had 4 shirts designed to fit 3 dove pockets on each side. I didn't have to place suspenders. It's just a loose polo shirt not tucked in the pants.

It is very hot in my country that's why I decided that this was the best solution. Besides, producing doves without the jacket and just wearing short sleeves seems more convincing to the audience.

Sorry, no video. I used this a long time ago. I no longer do doves, just parrots.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
sperris
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Chen kai (sp?) did jacket-less body loading dove steals a long time ago, I got a video of it looks to be from 80's era, short sleeved shirt and used sheer see-thru handkerchiefs like what you'd use for little vanishing bird cage, its pretty cool seeing this vintage footage for back in the day and this guy was pulling it off.
DANSPERRY.COM
sier5
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of sier5
Dang it I met Chen Kai in Colon, if I knew I would have asked him.
SM41
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of SM41
Quote:
On 2008-12-16 23:43, sperris wrote:
Chen kai (sp?) did jacket-less body loading dove steals a long time ago, I got a video of it looks to be from 80's era, short sleeved shirt and used sheer see-thru handkerchiefs like what you'd use for little vanishing bird cage, its pretty cool seeing this vintage footage for back in the day and this guy was pulling it off.

Yes the Spelling is correct. His name is right. Amazing Dove magic he is performing.
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
The idea is not new. in the seventies, FRANK BRENTS was doing a dove act with a short-sleeved tuxedo.

I have a old video.

I think he's still in the business. He's doing corporate magic now.

Arno