The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Modern Coin Magic 4 DVD set (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
I recently purchased the modern Coin Magic 4 DVD set at http://www.salinasmagic.com. I have only have viewed the first DVD and it is amazing. I have had the "Modern Coin Magic" book for a couple of years, and with the DVD set, I am finding small mistakes I was making in using various sleights. The first DVD is crammed with information that Ben Salinas clearly shows and explains, leaving no doubt what you need to practice. The amount of information is staggering! I want to thank Ben for putting out such a fine course in coin magic.

Rick
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
747 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Wow. Thanks Rick, I'm glad you're enjoying them!

Ben S
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
The Old Man
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of The Old Man
Don't forget Ben to tell Rick the check's in the mail.

Just kidding.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9553 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I've been saying for a long time now that this is a very good set of dvd's, especially to accompany the famous Bobo's New Modern Coin Magic book. It should be in every magic library and with the new special now being offered by Ben Salinas of 50% off, it's an absolute steal compared to a lot of dvd sets out there.

Glad the overall value and quality of this 4-dvd set is being recognized. One of the very best coin magic buys out there IMHO. Smile

Hey shakey, have you gotten to the other disks yet?...There's so much in there, just like in Bobo's. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Mb217

I'm not familiar with the Bobo-based DVDs. You seem to be very conversant with them. Can you tell me who does the teaching on them?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Ben has some clips and photos on the site. This one is priceless and shows the real magic in life:

http://www.salinasmagic.com./images/medi......arty.JPG
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9553 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes Chris my friend, above all else that's the real magic in life alrighty...Nice pic. Smile

And hi Ken, Ben Salinas, a Café member here and he actually posted above, does the teaching on the dvd set and he does a very good and thorough job of it at that. The 4-dvd set is very intuitive and easy to understand with his demos and instructions. Some of the moves in Bobo's that have baffled me for decades became remarkably clear as Ben covers the wise teachings of the old book.

Reach out to him here, he's a great guy and very good and creative magician. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

pwolverine
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne, Australia
112 Posts

Profile of pwolverine
I have had this DVD for a while, it really is a fantastic set. A great one for those little bits in Bobo's that just don't click or make sense. It really helps clarify some of the harder sleights. Its a worthwhile purchase.
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Mb, Pwolverine,

Thanks for answering my question. When I'm ready to tackle Bobo again I'll definitely consider the Bobo DVDs. But, I should watch the DVDs I've already got!

I was unaware of Mr. Salinas' work. Thank you for information and feed back.

KG
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9553 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You're welcome KG, Ben is also very good with cards too and has dvds covering that as well. Smile

BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
747 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Thanks, Christopher. She's 4 now and truly is the magic in my life!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thanks for sharing that Photo Christopher!

Ben.... what can I say man! You now have positive proof that there really is MAGIC!
I recommend Ben's Modern Coin Magic to anyone starting out in coin magic and to the advanced guys for great reference.

Mabuhay from Manila,

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10974 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ben very nice my man
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
I also got these when they first were released and these dvds are well worth the money ...A must have in any coin manipulator's arsenal.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-09-15 13:02, BenSalinas wrote:
Thanks, Christopher. She's 4 now and truly is the magic in my life!

Now we know why you're always smiling. With a precious family like that, no man could have a bad day. You'll have to tell us when she does her first flourish!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Great photo and great DVD set. Well done on both!
Sammy J. Teague
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Ben does a great job on that video - as well as his many others. Im a big fan of his work and appreciate the clarity and explanations he does for the effects. While I know many are not MagicMaker fans, I think Ben brings a touch of class to a company that many see in the wrong light at times.

Ben's Torn and Restored Newspaper DVD is a great one too.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
359 Posts

Profile of Loopback
Ben Salinas' Modern Coin Magic 4 dvd set was the first magic dvd I ever bought and it is still the benchmark for any instructional dvd I purchase.
sleightofand
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
188 Posts

Profile of sleightofand
Do you guys have any favourites on this dvd set, I like the coin to bottle, which is a classic in my opinion, also like the lesson on sleeving. so much more to watch!
dabah2014
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
157 Posts

Profile of dabah2014
Hey Ben,
I have your pen through coin dvd and your fake card shuffle dvd and I'm very happy with them. I also enjoy watching some of your demos on youtube and I like your patter. Keep up the good work!