The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: CoinSeminar DVD Copper Silver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
FRANZIS
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of FRANZIS
Hi,

Last year I discovered the CoinSeminar DVD on Coins Across.

What a job!

Then on the Café M. Rubenstein told us that there will be on the market a 6 hour DVD on copper silver.

Was it possible ?

After the coin day in Marseille on the 3 March 2007, were I got the 3 DVD set on copper silver, I sat in front of my TV screen with my coins in hand and pressed play.

The volume 2 is wonderful.

The Contents:

Wild Coin Plot

- The Twilight Zone Wild Coin, The Merlini Purse routine from M. Rubenstein,

These routines are wonderful, the former had passed the test of time, the latter is a brand new one, with new moves. One purse and a few coins, and magic happened.

- 3 Wild Coin routines from David Roth. Here the classic routine is explained with 2 different ways of performing it. The third one is very clever and easy to do everywhere.

- 3 Wild coin’s routine from M. Gallo. Here I discovered the really work of Michael Gallo. The routine is clean. You put 3 coppers on the table. They changed to silver one at a time and each time you put the coin on the table.

2 COPPER 1 SILVER

- Cop Silver Brass – Geoff Latta. A wonderful routine without the classic set of CSP coins.

- Copper Sandwich – M. Rubenstein, The effect is at the fingertips. 2 Silver and 1 copper, then without any false move, the coins changed to 2 copper and 1 silver. With this principle I think it is possible to build a lot of routines,

- Triple Change – David Roth, is a classic routine with the Okito coin box,

- 2 Copper 1 Silver Transposition – Michael Gallo, this is again a routine with the Okito coin box. Again the Michael Gallo's mind is inside the routining.

BONUS SECTION

- Wild Pocket – Kainoa Harbottle, there are no explanations, but if you love coin magic it is possible to understand this wonderful routine using the pocket instead of a purse or an Okito box.

- Copper Silver Coins Across – Geoff Latta. A routine that takes a different way of performing the coins across plot.

- Wild Coin Discussion – Michael Gallo,
- Wild Coin Alternate Handling – Michael Gallo.

The last 2 chapters are a discussion on the wild coin plot, you can see and perhaps understand the « Rat Pack’s coin magic thinking ».

The Volume 2 is great. I think the aim is to give tools to understand the copper silver plot and the magic, because it has to be magic as Mister David Roth said.

I think that there is before and after the Coinseminar DVD series.
FRANZIS
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of FRANZIS
New York Coin Magic Seminar Volume Three : Copper Silver

Contents

Spellbound

- Silver Lint 4, Michael RUBINSTEIN,

a spellbound routine with a biginning, a middle and an end, one coin is produced from nowhere, change and vanish.

- Triple EG Spell Michael RUBINSTEIN.

The famous trick, first explained in the Richard’sAlmanach, a triple spellbound without any false move,

- 4 Change Spellbound Michael GALLO,

a very clever spellbound routine with the JW Grip.

Copper Silver With Props

- The substitution trunk Mystery.

A large scale illusion from HOUDINI in close up with the help of OKITO,

- A trio effect Michael RUBINSTEIN,

This is a copper silver transposition routine with in mind the l’Homme Masqué Routine,

- Four Phase routine with Handkerchief David ROTH,

this is again another one copper one silver routine with an handkerchief. At the end the effect is repeated in the spectator’s hand.

- Which Way Wild Michael GALLO.

Again a wild coin routine but in a different way, it is a complete act with coins, production, transposition, changes and a wonderfull climax,

- The Purse and Glass David ROTH,

the classic routine, with a bonus that was not explained in the previous DVD

- Purse, coins, No Glass Geoff LATTA,

at least, the explanation of the routine who G.LATTA performed at the Coinvention in 2004. 2 years is very long. The routien is very clean.

- Instant Purse, coins, no glass Michael GALLO.

The effect take place in a split second. 3 coppers in the purse and 3 silver on the table, a magic pass and the coins change places. A miracle.

Bonus Section

- Three Coin Transposition Michael GALLO.

This is a routine with an okito box, the 3 silver change places with the 3 coppers inside the box. At the end 3 more coins are produced from the box, 3 chinese coins. Beautifull routine with no difficult move.

- Chocolate coins Michael RUBINSTEIN,

As the title said, it is a routien with a chopcolate coin, a spellbound routine with a special ending, you have to eat the coin.

- Werewolf coin Marc DeSouza.

This is a trick for poets. A copper english penny go to silver in slow motion. The alchemist dream.

- One Hand Coin Switches Discussion David ROTH.

David ROTH take his time to explain in details this classic change. After you can understand the move.

- Which Way Wild Alternative Handling Michael GALLO.

In this part, Michael GALLO explain everything about this trick. What, why and how to use the tools, this is a part of the seminar.

The Hidden Trick, this is a trick you have to look for inside the dvd, the MYST.

Again a lot of tricks, 16 routines with coins on the copper/silver plot. This DVD gives you the tools you need to learn and to perform good coin magic, with routining, a beginning, a middle and an end.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
I'm dying to get this... When will this be released? Next month?
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4724 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
At this point, I think they will be finally released in the next two to three weeks. For those of you in England and France, you might find some of the advance copies with mark Mason, Davenports, International magic, and academie de magie (Georges Proust) in Paris. No one else, and only a handful of people have seen them in the USA. I see that Jean Emmanuelle has found one of the easter eggs - for fun, we put in a hidden, unadvertised trick on each DVD - you have to find an arrow that appears somewhere on the DVD, then click the enter button on the remote in order to see it. Watch for my promos to learn when they will be available!
Special sale! FREE magician T shirt (a $25 value, only L or XL - see link) while supplies last with each purchase of MIGRATE ($35 ppd USA) Magnetic Coins ($40 ppd USA) or Conviction Prediction ($45 ppd
https://youtube.com/shorts/GbIwPoZ8qy4?si=eqxR6X6XGynLf3ET
inquire for ordering information here or to rubinsteindvm@aol.com
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Good review Franzis!

Thanks Mr Rubinstein! Will be waiting for it!
FRANZIS
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of FRANZIS
NEW YORK COIN MAGIC SEMINAR : VOLUME FOUR COPPER SILVER

Contents

Copper Silver Transposition

- Kaps Matting Copper silver – Michael RUBINSTEIN,
- Stand Up Sucker Copper Silver – Michael RUBINSTEIN,
- Stand up sucker Copper Silver routine 2 – Michael RUBINSTEIN,

These are the classic routines from the mind of Michael RUBINSTEIN. This routine was a hit during the Coin Day in Marseille (France 3 march 2007), because the effect is direct withj only a few coins, misdirection and magic.

- Fourgone Copper Silver – Michael RUBINSTEIN,

This is, I think, a new routine, it is like the spellbound routine, a biginning, a midlle and an end, but with 2 coins. What I like in this routine, is the fairness of the routining. The spectators only see « take and put », and nothing else, no false move. A copper coin and a silver coin are produced and transpositions occured.

- Seated Copper Silver Transposition – Michael RUBINSTEIN,

Slydini is behind the scene here, a very clever use of a Slydini technique. If it is well done you can put your audience over the balcony (as EDDIE JOSEPH said in his book).

- Copper Silver Classic – Davd ROTH,

This is the classic routine from David ROTH.

- Gold Kaps – Michael GALLO,

This is the legendery KAPS’routine. Fred KAPS performed this routine, if I remember with copper silver that changed to 4 casini chips. Here the effect is the same but with chinese coins and with the Mahael GALLO Witchcraft.

- The One Dollar Trick (Presto Chango) - Michael GALLO,

This is the classic routien from BOBO. You show 2 silver coins, you put them in one hand then they changed to silver, with a surprising finish.

- Fisted – Geoff LATTA,

I read this routine in the Richard’s Almanach a few years ago. It is the very first it is possible to see Geoff LATTA performing this miracle with 2 coins.

- Sun and Moon – Geoff LATTA,

The classic routine performed by Geoff LATTA, but in a different way.

- Deep Back Clip Copper Silver – Geoff LATTA,

The first time you see this routine, you will say it is impossible, evry thing is clean. The spectator is Michael GALLO and he say « Wow ». To master this routien you will have to work a lot, but it is a master piece.

Bonus section

- A lesson on Copper Silver (Seminar 4) – Davd ROTH,

David ROTH talks about the effect, and how not to loose the spectator in the routine in order them to keep in mind the effect.

- Matting Technique – Michael RUBINSTEIN,

Michael RUBINSTEIN explains in details his matting technique.

- Fourgone Copper Silver Extras (Seminar 4) – Michael RUBINSTEIN,

Here, Michael RUBINSTEIN go one step ahead. He take his time to explain the routine. A great moment.

- Fisted Bonus Discussion (Seminar 4) – Geoff LATTA,

Geoff LATTA explain his way of thinking the trick.

The hidden trick, I can say from Michael RUBINSTEIN.

I hope you enjoy the review.

I beg your pardon for my writing, I am a french coin guy from Marseille.

I only want to thank Michael RUBINSTEIN for his work, because without him the DVD series would not be possible.

Again Thanks to Michael RUBINSTEIN, David ROTH, Michael GALLO and Geoff LATTA for their magic.

Jean Emmanuel
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4724 Posts

The review from Genii is IN, and its a good one! DVD's will be ready THIS WEEK!! Keep an eye out for further reviews, and when they will be ready to purchase. They are already talking about them in Europe, where a limited number were released the end of February. The US debut will be from Mike Gallo at the FFFF convention this week in Buffalo. He will have a limited number available, before the official release.
Special sale! FREE magician T shirt (a $25 value, only L or XL - see link) while supplies last with each purchase of MIGRATE ($35 ppd USA) Magnetic Coins ($40 ppd USA) or Conviction Prediction ($45 ppd
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4724 Posts

Start spreading the news,
the New York Coin Guys are at it again! After the resounding success of their first project, a 2 volume DVD set on Coins Across, they have now tackled another huge topic with a three volume DVD set on Copper Silver! Each volume of the three volume set is bursting with two hours of coin magic, covering all of the main topics of Copper Silver routines. But not only will you find tricks and routines using pure sleight of hand or with standard gaffs, but there is a heavy focus on techniques, moves (including unpublished ones), and bonus in depth discussions from the famous New York coin Magic Seminars. Lets take a look at the contents.

Volume 2 (Red Version) concentrates on Wild Coin and Two Copper One Silver. Dr. Michael Rubinstein presents his Twilight Zone Wild Coin, and the Merlini Purse Routine. David Roth teaches three versions of Wild Coin, including a new, unpublished version he has held back for years! Gallo has three versions of Wild Coin, including one that is performed in the spectator's hand! All are different, and very practical.
In the Two Copper one Silver section, Latta presents for the first time his Cop Sil Brass from Coinmagic. Rubinstein presents a triple change effect called Copper Sandwich, Roth presents an impossible Triple Change using an Okito box, and Gallo gives his own take on the two copper one silver plot.
The Bonus section is crammed with material from the Seminars. Here you will find a presentation of Wild Pocket from special guest Kainoa Harbottle, a unique use of a gaff by Geoff Latta in Copper Silver Coins Across, and some special insights into the Wild Coin plot from Mike Gallo.

Volume 3 (Yellow Version) continues the Copper Silver theme, with another two hours of non stop coin magic. The Spellbound section is highlighted with routines from Dr. Michael Rubinstein and Mike Gallo. The next section discusses copper silver routines with such props as purses, boxes, and handkerchiefs. Rubinstein starts off with the Sub Trunk illusion done with coins. Following that is a three phase routine using a handkerchief, and a new way to utilize the J.W Grip. David Roth presents his own handling in a four phase routine. Gallo shows a wild, wild coin routine. Roth presents his classic Purse and Glass routine, and Latta and Gallo present their own, unique versions.
As with Volume two, there is a bonus section crammed with material filmed at the New York Coin Magic Seminars. Found here is an in depth discussion of one hand coin switches by the Master himself, David Roth. Two more spellbound routines are discussed by Rubinstein, and guest host Marc DeSouza. Gallo follows with an alternate ending for his Which Way Wild routine. There is enough material in this and volume two to last a long, long, time. But that wasn't enough for the New York Coin guys, so they went ahead and made Volume Four!

Volume 4 (Blue Version) contains two hours of solid coin magic that deal with transpositions. Dr. Michael Rubinstein presents 5 routines, using many new techniques, and an unpublished four phase routine with brand new moves. David Roth follows with a classic, with Kudos to Fred Kaps. Mike Gallo shows off his own handlings of another famous Kaps routine, and Geoff Latta follows with an ultra clean transposition done entirely in the spectator's hand! Latta struts his stuff with a unique presentation of the Sun and Moon, and finally releases his deep back clip material, held back for years, with Deep Back Clip Copper Silver.
Once again the Bonus section contains unique insights into the copper silver theme from the famous New York Coin Magic Seminars. There is an entire lesson on Copper Silver transpositions from David Roth, and a vintage clip from 1986 on Matting technique from Dr. Rubinstein. Rubinstein and Latta round out the section with discussions on two of the tricks performed in the trick section of this DVD.

But wait, there's more! On each DVD is a hidden "Easter Egg" -- an unadvertised effect that can only be found by clicking your remote at the right time -- look for an arrow on one of the menus, and you won't be disappointed!

Go to our website http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net for ordering information, and a special introductory offer for all three DVD's!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4724 Posts

Dan Watkins just posted his comprehensive review on the three vol set, on his website, http://www.coinvanish.com .
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4724 Posts

All orders placed on our website, http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net , have been sent out in the last two days. Feel free to post your thoughts about them in this section.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
With Greg Wilson releasing "Freakey" how does this compare?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
I ended up buying both. There goes the years savings on magic!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4724 Posts

Chris, I don't know Greg's offering, but our 3 volume set is six hours long, on novel and practical copper and silver ideas, moves, and solid routines, from the guys who have been the frontrunners in coin magic for over the last 30 yrs.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 22:54, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
Chris, I don't know Greg's offering, but our 3 volume set is six hours long, on novel and practical copper and silver ideas, moves, and solid routines, from the guys who have been the frontrunners in coin magic for over the last 30 yrs.

WOW! Well...this is gonna be the definative project on this coin!

mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Chris...This is not a DVD on "this (that) coin"...perse. But you are right...it could well be the definative work on these type effects.

Mike
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Michigan
2904 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I got my set the other day and there's a ton of material on it. Some classics that have been updated and I would dare say a lot that hasn't seen dvd or video. With a huge set like this I usually go through an pick out what I'd like to learn and already have a list that's "too big". Lots of great material for any kind of
setting. Great job guys...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Anytime I see Mike Gallo on a project, I get it. I LOVE his work, technique and perfoming style.

Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4724 Posts

Anyone having trouble finding the Easter Eggs?
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Yeah...ME!!!

Mike
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4724 Posts

Anyone havng trouble finding the Easter Eggs, can PM me for hints (not you, Mike, but your trick hold the key to one of 'em!)