The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Betchas :: What is your favorite bar betcha? (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Seems pretty self explanatory to me. Let's see what they are!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
The trick where you say. I'll bet you 10 bucks the next card I turn over will be your card. Suckers take that bet everytime.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
This is one I like. Order a shot of something. Take a napkin, unfold it and then lay it over the full shotglass. Tell the mark that you can drink the entire contents of the glass without touching the napkin. Bet a little cash on it. Then, make a big swallowing motion, you know... gulp! Ahhhhhh! Then say, "There, I did it." Of course they will tell you that you're a big fat liar. Say, "Go ahead and look for yourself," pointing at the napkin covering the shot glass. Whn they lift the napkin off of the glass, quickly grab the glass and drink it down. Then, as they sit there with the napkin in their hand, looking at the now empty glass, say, "See? Told ya."

Collect your money and then leave the bar quickly!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Harry Anderson's collaboration with Turk Pipkin on the Showtime-aired Hello, Sucker! is great fun!
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Elliott Hodges
View Profile
Veteran user
England
324 Posts

Profile of Elliott Hodges
I bethca I can drink 3 shots before you can drink three pints.
Unbelievably you can!!
Zargo
View Profile
New user
Germany
75 Posts

Profile of Zargo
You can`t answer 5 questions wrong, and if you like completely wrong (like: what did you eat today, answer: blue).

Nothing sneeky, everything is true and everyone looses on the 4th or final question.
Got this from the new bar betchas DVDs from Dan Harlan. Funny stuff there, some old and some new to me.
Magic by Marko (Zauberer, Trick Artist from Germany)
"Its kind of fun to do the impossible"!
(Walt Disney)
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
Bet someone to play darts against you. And because you're sure you'll win, tell them that they can double every score they hit. You count down regularly. That way, the other person can never win. Because you have to hit 501 and you can't hit a odd number when everything is doubled.
Deal cards, not drugs!
Dredz
View Profile
Loyal user
La Famiglia! East Coast
257 Posts

Profile of Dredz
I bet I can drink 3 pints before you drink 3 shots....That is my favorite....Ahhhh..I like no bar tabs.
Transfer
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Transfer
A proposition bet: I bet that I can push this billiard ball further than you just using one finger by using one finger push down on top of the ball from the edge of the pool table , the mark of course will accept , you allow them to go first and they might do badly but as the mark is having their go you lick your finger which creates less backspin allowing the ball to go further and of course unless the mark is superman you will win.

Rob
"You don't get into magic , magic gets into you."
irishguy
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
629 Posts

Profile of irishguy
Quote:
On 2006-01-25 11:56, Reis O'Brien wrote:
This is one I like. Order a shot of something. Take a napkin, unfold it and then lay it over the full shotglass. Tell the mark that you can drink the entire contents of the glass without touching the napkin. Bet a little cash on it. Then, make a big swallowing motion, you know... gulp! Ahhhhhh! Then say, "There, I did it." Of course they will tell you that you're a big fat liar. Say, "Go ahead and look for yourself," pointing at the napkin covering the shot glass. Whn they lift the napkin off of the glass, quickly grab the glass and drink it down. Then, as they sit there with the napkin in their hand, looking at the now empty glass, say, "See? Told ya."

Good trick. Works best if you use a hat instead of a napkin. It will cover the shot glass better. I realize it sounds idiotic...but Reis is correct, they will look every time.

Also, the old two beers and a shot trick.

While it is far from a magic trick, you get two full glasses of beer and one shot. Tell your guy that you bet you can drink both glasses of beer before he drinks his one shot. Now...to make it fair, you will drink one beer and when you are done, he is allowed to drink his shot. The rules are that neither one of you is allowed to touch the other ones glass. So...when you finish your beer, upend the glass and cover the shot glass. Drink the second beer at your leisure. He can't do anything about it, because he isn't allowed to touch your glass.
MetalBender
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of MetalBender
I like tieing a cigarette into a knot without tearing the paper. It's wicked hard to do, but it always gets the money once you have practiced it. Not only does it get the money, the mark is do flabergasted that you did it they don't even whine when they lose.
"Magic up close and personal, the way is should be."

http://www.DelusionMasters.com
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
This one is really mean. I have only done it once and the guy I did it to was a real jerk the keep bothering the girl I was there with.
Bet the guy a fiver that he can't put a cue ball in his mouth. Sounds easy and it is. Getting it in is no problem. As soon as he shoves it in, pay him the fiver and leave. After you leave and he is laughing at what a chump you are, he will try to take it out again. This is where the fun starts, he can't. The way the human jaw is shaped it is very easy to shove a cue ball in, the problem is with a ball in your mouth you can't get your fingers in to grab it and pull it out. They have to go to the emergency rooom and get a shot to relax the jaw so that the doctors can partually dislocate the jaw enough to remove the ball. I went back in a week later and people were still laughing about it. Please do not try this to see if it works. If you must, use an apple the same size so that when you can't get it out you can slowly chew it untill it is small enough to get a grip on what's left.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That is one of my favorite mouth shutters so to speak.

The way the teeth are shaped helps not in this little bit of horrible business.

As was stated earlier please do not try this to see if it works. You can not get it out trust me. It will cause horrible pain and embarassment if you do it. The muscle relaxers are really not cheap and I am not sure most insurance companies cover acts of God or acts of stupidity.

Please Please Please do not try this little stunt.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
That has GOT to be one of the funniest things I have ever read. It's kinda like knowing where the weak spot on the Lion's neck is, to wrestle him off- I'll probably never need it, but if the occasion arises...
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
You line up five glasses that alternate face up and face down. You then proceed to turn them over, two at a time, always picking up two glasses next to each other until they are all face up.

You bet the sucka a beer he can't do the same in under a minute!

They never can!
gordonmj
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of gordonmj
Three card monte for me
booya!
jonzola
View Profile
New user
canada
42 Posts

Profile of jonzola
A great way to win drinks is to bet that the chump cannot do as you do. Tell them that you will do nothing fancy or try anything tricky.
If they can follow along you will buy them a shot.
If they can not do as you do , they will buy you the shot.
I also always tell them that they will also walkaway with the knowledge of how to get free drinks from suckers. This gets a laugh.

Order 2 shots of what ever....sit across from the sucker. A shot infront of each of you.

Place your hands flat on the table, thumbs touching, with the shot in between.

Have the spectator do the same and inform them you are about to begin.
You lift your right hand up and place it palm down on top of the shot.
They lift thier right hand to follow suit.
You replace your hand to where it was.
So do they.
You place your left hand on top and back to the start again.
They do as you did.
You lift the shot with your right hand and bring it to your mouth and toss it back.
they do the same.
slam the shotglass down on the table face down.
they do the same.
Tap the glass with your finger twice and turn it right side up.
So do they.
You pick up the glass and spit out the shot that you have kept in your mouth with out swallowing.
They, and all around you, will burst out laughing.

Having them do as you do....well, you can do anything...I like to do a couple of hand moves before taking the shot....but a lot more after before spitting it back out. Time misdirection sort of thing.
I have done this dozens of times and they all swallow when they drink. It gets great reactions from the sucker and spectators
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
My favorite bar betcha has earned me many free drinks. Tell the mark that you are able to cause things to move without touching the object. You go so far as to claim that you can cause them (the mark) to move their body without you (the magician) touching them. You state that "I will walked around their body three times and that their body will move at least one foot before you have completed your walks around their body."

The stipulations are that you will not touch their body, you will not ask anybody else to touch their body and that you will not use anything to physically move their body. They will move by their own free will. It is important to stress this point. Start by positioning their body standing in the middle of the room with their arms at their side. This in itself should draw a crowd. Stand about a foot in front of the mark and start to wave your hands in a mystical way as you recite your magical chant. As you do this slowly walk all the way around their body. Once you have walked around their body one time simply say "that's once".

Again, and standing in front of the mark, start to wave your hands in a mystical way as you recite your magical chant for a second time. Once you have walked around their body for a second time simply say "that's twice and walk back to your seat and start sipping on your drink. Look back at the mark and state that they can either stand there until the bar closes (because you are not going to walk around their body for a third time) or they can walk to the bar (loosing the bet) and buy you your drink.

At this time I turn to the mark and say "Just think about how many free drinks you are going to get when you pull this one on others". This usually gets a big smile on the face of the mark and a good many laughs from the rest of the crowd.

Take card and take cards
Antony Gerard
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
I like the get the whiskey intoth ewaer class and vice versa.

You have two identical shot glasses, on efull of whiskey and the other full of water. The betcha is to get the liquids to change places without any other vessal, including your mouth. This was exposed on UK TV recently so the game may be up here.

the trick is to have the glasses full to start with, the take a plastic card, like a driving license or video club card, place it over the water. Turn the water glass upside down and place it on the whiskey glass. Then move the card slightly so that there is a small gap near the edge of the glasses. As the water he heavier (well more dense) than the whiskey it falls down the gap, displacing the whiskey. takes a minute or so to finish. Don't make the hole too big or the liquids mix.
My next favourite betcha is:

I betcha I can have a drink from an unopened bottle of champagne. I won't open the bottle, no one will open the bottle. The bottle won't get broken either. If I can, you'll pay for the bottle, if not I'll pay for it and you can drink it.

Any takers?
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Acmp:
That's a good one - you drink from the 'punt'. Smile
But my favorite is still the one first mentioned in this thread - turning over the 'next' card. There's nothing like the mark thinking he has you by the short hairs.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay