The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Topit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nivek
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Nivek
Someone in a nother forum mentioned the topit recently and I am curious about it. After checking some sites off google I learned a little about it but really have no idea how it works.

I really want to buy one because I heard you can do amazing vanishes with it but I want to know what I am buying lol, without exposure can anyone give me an explanation. Someone said one was used by Tom Cruise when he vanished the disc in Mission Impossible.

Help?
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
There are a lot of threads regarding this topic. Here are some of them.

Plans for a topit?
topit?
Topits
topit?
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Nivek
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Nivek
Thanks, still curious about some things though, is there a demo video anywhere of the effect? I would love to see it in action!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5211 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Nivek
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Nivek
Where do you see that you can watch it? I didn't see it on either of those two sites.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
That's tough. You won't see a topit if it's used properly.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Quote:
On 2005-11-07 16:04, Nivek wrote:
Where do you see that you can watch it? I didn't see it on either of those two sites.

Nivek,

Matts is telling you to get the Ammar topit DVD since it is the only way you could watch a topit in use.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Order Ammars DVD now as It must be the best on the subject!
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
This DVD has a great segment with Johnny Carson and Arnold Schwazenneger{?}The material is great.

Chappelly
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No we cannot tell you what it is, we can tell you that you can vanish small items and reproduce them from any location. That what it does, it is an aid to making things vanish.

You must wear a coat or vest or jacket. Then you must be prepared to practice about an hour a day for a long time till you master it.

Ammar video is the best. He lectured here last nite and was excellent. He did the topit and was surprising everyone.

He produced a large wine bottle and then performed his coin in bottle routine using the topit.

Recommeded. Twenty years ago, all magic was purchased with only a small explaination of the effect. So to think that you 'have' to see something before you purchase it is not the 'norm' in magic.

If you are willing to put the time in the device it is worth its weight in gold, if not it is worthless.
Nivek
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Nivek
Thanks for all the advice guys I think I may buy it Smile
Montethrower
View Profile
Elite user
a little town in nowhere
422 Posts

Profile of Montethrower
I actually just bought the Michael Ammar Topit Pattern. The cool thing is, when people suspect something like sleeving and you use a opit in conjunction with sleeving, you'll totally throw off any audience. Gah! Can't wait until I have it!!
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
I have a topit in both sides of my overcoat. I'm sold on it. I also have the Ammar DVD. It's welll worth the price if you want to do very visual vanishes. I make leather mini chop cups. At the end of my routine I am holding the final load - I close my fist over it and hold it out for the spectator to see. It's gone. Then I hold the cup in my hand, slap the other hand onto it (looks like I'm squashing it) and the cup is gone.

I use it to ditch my invisible deck when I'm done. (see, it really IS invisible).
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Patrick Page's DVD on the topit is also well worth a look.

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Count Zapik
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
205 Posts

Profile of Count Zapik
I have a topit in my girl friends coat.

That way I can be working in one room wearing my suit. while she is next door wearing her coat.

I vanish something, then I take off all my clothes, go next door to where she is and can walk back into the room holding the item I have just vanished.

The crowd laughs and giggles at me but is amazed by the effect.

It's a novel way to do a transportation effect but it's pretty original don't you think? ...at least in this end of the known universe.
I feel as if I have been whisked here from another life....it may even have been my own!
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
Before you buy it be aware that it needs to be attached to the inside of your jacket usually by a seamstress; however, I have heard of some that are moveable between jackets these might use some method like Velcro to allow portability.
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Quote:
On 2005-11-12 14:42, Count Zapik wrote:
I have a topit in my girl friends coat.

That way I can be working in one room wearing my suit. while she is next door wearing her coat.

I vanish something, then I take off all my clothes, go next door to where she is and can walk back into the room holding the item I have just vanished.

The crowd laughs and giggles at me but is amazed by the effect.

It's a novel way to do a transportation effect but it's pretty original don't you think? ...at least in this end of the known universe.

I don't get it. What is the purpose of the topit in your girlfriend's coat? You vanish the item into your topit but what does your girlfriend's coat topit have to do with the vanished items reappearance?
Count Zapik
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
205 Posts

Profile of Count Zapik
Quote:
On 2005-11-12 20:41, brianclementsvatua wrote:

I don't get it. What is the purpose of the topit in your girlfriend's coat? You vanish the item into your topit but what does your girlfriend's coat topit have to do with the vanished items reappearance?

Hi there brianclementsvatua,

I was being ridiculous & 'off the planet' for a moment. Apologies! I just thought it was a funny idea. But wouldn't it be great if you could do something as daft as that with a topit. [In truth you can't].

Best wishes
I feel as if I have been whisked here from another life....it may even have been my own!
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
Umm, you could I imagine. How about having a topit in your girlfriend's coat and as you walk past her the magic happens?

Say she is to your left. You retention vanish something, walk in front of her to the other side of the stage and do your magic. Show it gone and then she produces it from her pocket from the other side of the stage?

No need to get naked unless you really want to.
KenW
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of KenW
I have a transferable toppit that I am willing to sell. PM me for details
KW