The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Spun by Morgan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
teoswand
View Profile
Regular user
usa
109 Posts

Profile of teoswand
Now when Spun is here can you give final review of that DVD .
Expecially people who bought it.
Thanks
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Just got mine yesterday. Absolutely love it. Now before anyone starts screaming "I figured it out from the video", I'll just say I'm sure a lot of people did. But trust me you will want to learn all of Morgan's subtleties.

Plus, there's a lot of footage of him performing this on the streets.

If you like the effect you see on the preview clip, then definitely buy it. I've been performing PK effects for 10 years. I really never thought I'd combine floating and bending, but this effect is just too powerful to skip.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4341 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Bloodkin,

WIthout revealing any methods, I would appreciate it if you can kindly state if the setup is so different than Fearson's Floating Cigarette or other well know floating effects, that the purchase of this DVD is justified.

Thank you very much.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
I've actually never used Steve's hook up so I can't say for sure.
Patrick Miller
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Patrick Miller
I've tried it and after a little practice it really gets great reactions. Morgan Strebler really goes to great extents to explain presentation. I have been doing his Liquid Metal for over a year and am always suprized at the reactions. You can get the reactions he shows when he performs on the street.
eng10227
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of eng10227
Hello,
I was thinking of purchasing this effect. Does this effect require any other props like IT or stuff??? Does it require preparation before hand and is it suitable for doing walk arounds, e.g easy to reset if it needs to be reset?? Please advise!!!
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Comes with the needed stuff, easy reset, a little prep. It is killer!
Dove84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Dove84
Let me start off by saying this is a great effect, and for the price it can't be beat. For 19.95 you get everything you need to do one of the most powerful coin bending routines you can imagine. Penguin has really outdone themselves giving you more bang for your buck here.

The effect is a borrowed, signed coin is caused to levitate. Spinning in mid-air, it visibly bends. The quarter is then returned to the loaner to keep as a one of a kind souvenir.

I think what sets this apart from anything that's been done before is the levitation aspect. They really aren't expecting the coin to bend, and it really hits them hard. Trust me I have done this many times now and you aren't going to find a more powerful way of bending a signed coin. This is like a combination of the best elements of a levitation and a bend. It looks awesome and causes the audience to literally gasp.

The best part is the ease of operation. I didn't like that the instructions were in black and white, but everything is clearly explained and if you're of average capability you won't have any trouble getting this to work. It's just a lot of fun to do, and something you can use on the street or in a more formal performance. I can't recommend this highly enough. Get Spun, you'll love it.
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
Hello, I would just like to thank you guys for your kind words about spun. I am really glad that you enjoyed the DVD.

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1221 Posts

Profile of APC
Great dvd, I have it and am glad I bot it
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Why mix two effects together?

-A levitation
-a bend

By adding the bend at the end you are not allowing the spectator to react or to even appreciate the levitation. Of course I also don't believe in levitations so...

Maybe if coin was just spinning on top of your index finger...
teoswand
View Profile
Regular user
usa
109 Posts

Profile of teoswand
Quote:
On 2005-11-11 15:20, Alex Linian wrote:

-A levitation
-a bend

By adding the bend at the end you are not allowing the spectator to react or to even appreciate the levitation. Of course I also don't believe in levitations so...

Maybe if coin was just spinning on top of your index finger...

You probably never saw SPUN in action, go to Penguin Magic and watch demo video & than buy dvd , you will start belive in lot of things
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I really enjoy this DVD. I don't normally buy from penguin But this I did purchase and it is well worth the money.
shane_delon
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of shane_delon
So how practical is it. Does it instantly reset? I haven't watched the online video yet...
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Quote:
On 2005-11-11 16:56, teoswand wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-11-11 15:20, Alex Linian wrote:

-A levitation
-a bend

Maybe if the coin was just spinning on top of your index finger...

You probably never saw SPUN in action, go to Penguin Magic and watch demo video & than buy dvd , you will start belive in lot of things

Oh I saw it...

It's not about what the effect looks like. The combining of 2 different effects into one is what I don't find necessary or appropiate.
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Well alex, you don't have to combine them. You can do one or the other.
teoswand
View Profile
Regular user
usa
109 Posts

Profile of teoswand
Quote:
It's not about what the effect looks like. The combining of 2 different effects into one is what I don't find necessary or appropiate.

You probaly work with cards, and you do card routines. What are card routines than combining effects in one trick .
Lets say Ambicioux card - DL+Pass+agin DL+Color Change+ PoP out move ..if you do only Pass and you say that is AC , that will be maybe good effect but you will not get so big reactions
That is Spun - you show levitation - people are overjoyed, but someone maybe saw levitation of coin before , when he see next step of levitation - Bending he will freak out , that will be hole new routine
I think I was clear ! Am I ?
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
The next step of levitation is bending?!
teoswand
View Profile
Regular user
usa
109 Posts

Profile of teoswand
No, I think on next step in Spun routine
marky707
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of marky707
I watched Morgan perform this routine and it just kicks butt. Talk about something that can get reactions from spectators. He is just one awesome performer and creative thinker. Liquid metal is what first put me on to his stuff and every time it just he just seems to amaze me… I can’t wait to see what he has coming out next.