The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Ring by Ben Williams (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
713 Posts

Profile of Vogler
What do you think about this? https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/19458
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2834 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I feel that most of the time magicians overestimate impossible souvenirs. For a wedding I can see this works well and it might be smth they keep, but normal people will just chuck it.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
fireisyummy
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of fireisyummy
I have it. It's clever but I've made up a few and I'm totally not convinced that the spectators won't see the seam. I'm also not a huge fan of the switches and awkward display. I'd rank it 3 stars out of five
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2834 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thank you for that honest review! I am a bit surprised Richard Sanders endorses this.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I'm really curious how this differs from Ben's OCL. Because if it's simpler than OCL then I have a hunch the method is going to be VERY similar to Sixten Beme's One Card Link; first published in 1996, currently available in an ebook titled The Replete Card Link.

Worth noting that the Beme method does not recommend handing it out as a souvenir as there is a discrepancy in the tears that might be noticed.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
I have it and I don't like it. I posted a review in penguin magic,and after someone posted it was not fair, I contacted penguin magic to delete my Review.
It's not visual. You tear out the Rings, fold the frames together, make a......then!The spectators could sign the Rings. Now you can hand them out as a souvenir. For me not logical.I prefer my own Version and Sixten Bemes one card link.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2024, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Thank you for that honest review! I am a bit surprised Richard Sanders endorses this.

Probably because the dude endorsed his stuff. Payback maybe.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2024, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I feel that most of the time magicians overestimate impossible souvenirs. For a wedding I can see this works well and it might be smth they keep, but normal people will just chuck it.

I consider the magic experience will be their souvenir. They aren't giving me anything but their time and attention.
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
I love it. I was doing Henri White’s Souvenir, but ironically, tough to take a wine glass home with you. This is the same principal but leaves the spec with an actual souvenir. I love it. Bears repeating.