The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: TENYO 2024 (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
jla930
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of jla930
For those of you who have purchased and received this, did it come with a coin? Mine did not. I got mine from Penguin, and the description there says “The coin may be used for other effects”. To me, that sounds like it’s supposed to include a coin. It’s no big deal. I just use a quarter. I was just curious.
jla930
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of jla930
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2023, jla930 wrote:
For those of you who have purchased and received this, did it come with a coin? Mine did not. I got mine from Penguin, and the description there says “The coin may be used for other effects”. To me, that sounds like it’s supposed to include a coin. It’s no big deal. I just use a quarter. I was just curious.

Sorry, I forgot to specify Mystery Showcase 2024.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
This did not include a coin. They do tell you which coins will work with it and can be used. In the US, a quarter or gold dollar coin is supposed to be your options but neither are included.

What Tenyo did was to make the prop to work with coins from different countries so it can be performed wherever you live.

Hope that helps.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Mystery Showcase is what I would call a good old fashioned Tenyo plastic prop with a clever method and construction. In essence, the kind of Tenyo Magic us Tenyo addicts crave. Very cool indeed!

I am having lots of fun learning it and playing with the prop.

Some are complaining about the included yellow cover being flimsy. I suggest that they made it that way so it will work properly. What I did and am still doing is to continuously fold all four corners to get them to have a sharp crease and create a square box shape which it should have. Every time you take it out to use, I suggest that you do that folding to ready it for use.

Along with 4-D CROSS and MISTER DANGER, I would add this to the list of recent hits for Tenyo.
jla930
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of jla930
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2023, Magical Moments wrote:
This did not include a coin. They do tell you which coins will work with it and can be used. In the US, a quarter or gold dollar coin is supposed to be your options but neither are included.

What Tenyo did was to make the prop to work with coins from different countries so it can be performed wherever you live.

Hope that helps.

Yep, that helps. Thank you. For whatever reason, I thought it came with a novelty coin of some sort, not real currency. But I think I can afford to keep a U.S. quarter packaged with the product. Smile
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
I have the shocking pass case and though it’s good, it doesn’t lock at all in a “set” position; I have to secure it with the tips of my fingers. Is this the case for everyone or is mine either flawed or I need to set something further up? It seems there’s provision for a locking mechanism but it isn’t strong enough to do the job…

Jamie
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
The instructions for the Shocking Pass Case say it must be exercised a few times to get it loose enough for the lock to hold. I had to exercise it many times, but it holds fine now.

For the Mystery Showcase I have found I must tilt if forward slightly to get the coin to fall in place reliably.
badwords
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of badwords
I've been doing the sharaku and it slays here in Japan. Doesn't matter how good a trick is if it includes producing a ukiyo-e picture.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
The Shocking Passcase has been my favorite so far, lots of possibilities with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_VVHI9GBVA
mroek
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of mroek
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2023, J M Talbot wrote:
The Shocking Passcase has been my favorite so far, lots of possibilities with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_VVHI9GBVA

That's a great idea and an excellent presentation!
I also have the Shocking Passcase, but I struggle with it being way too sensitive, if you know what I mean. Yours seems to hold much better, for whatever reason.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks mroek! I played with it quite a bit initially and that helped for me.
badwords
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of badwords
Got the passcase finally, so now I have all 4. Lots of potential with the passcase. I'm thinking I'll make a slide out of a black piece of paper/card and try a signed card to wallet with it. Unnecessary for sure but it would look cool. And I like looking cool.
Mike
View Profile
New user
Canada
9 Posts

Profile of Mike
I purchased Tenyo's Shocking Pass Case. After putting the Black rubber Band on the Gaff & rotating the Gaff numerous times to stretch out the elasticity of the band, it is still too tight to change when I flick it! The instructions say the window end will rapidly flip back to its original position as soon as it is released, due to the initial strength of the rubber band. Mine is the opposite, it won't release. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
badwords
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of badwords
Are you still struggling with it? I can't imagine the band being strong enough to not release when letting go and flicking. Are you 100% sure the band is wrapped around correctly? I do find that the rubber bands that come with it vary quite a bit in tension. Have you tried different bands?
Mike
View Profile
New user
Canada
9 Posts

Profile of Mike
I had the band set incorrectly, it works like a Charm now, thanks.