The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: TeleFoto problems (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gadir
View Profile
New user
Reseda, California
60 Posts

Profile of gadir
I bought TeleFoto and there are a few issues with it. First of all,the url in the app that is given is 22p.co/xxxxx-x.When I then go to the the webpage http://tele-foto.appspot.com/ and login the URL for each of the albums begin with para.ms/fo/xxxx-x. Why this discrepancy on the webpage and the app?When I go to the "para.ms" url it does not exist.

Regarding the URL that is given in the app (22p.co/xxxx-x,this does work on most divices that I tried it on except for Samsung Galzxy 10 and 10 plus. On these two phones I get to the webpage but the album never loads.

I did send Greg an email last week, but he didn't respond yet. Any ideas? Is this a common issue?

Thanks
Gadi
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
All I can say - Rostami will never answer. It's the worst customer service.
SupaThump app stopped to work with no explanation for example.
As to TeleFoto - yes, album's loading is not great. Also you can't integrate it into your website cause it uses http protocol instead of https. And so become blocked as dangerous.
gismo
View Profile
New user
Germany
60 Posts

Profile of gismo
SupaThump still works. You only have to use the appspot links. Optional
you can use an url shortener service.

Unfortunately TeleFoto doesn't work very well, this days. It doesn't matter if
you put it with iframe in your own website, or if you use any url shortener
service, or if you use the 333xxxx/?id=xxxxx-x link.

The google chrome browser or firefox, or opera, they all give a warning or
block this sites completely. The warning means, that the site maybe uses
spy technology. This is the correct explanation of this effect.
livejeh
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of livejeh
Is this still available in iOS AppStore?
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
Can Telefoto still be purchased and performed?
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1759 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
It hasn't been able to be performed for quite some time. And it's no longer on android play store, so I think they finally removed it.
Vercetti
View Profile
New user
Acapulco
28 Posts

Profile of Vercetti
I was also going to write my Telephoto question when I found this thread. Apparently Telephoto is dead (and I had contemplated it for a new routine). On the generated page this appears:

Error: Server Error
The server encountered an error and could not complete your request.
Please try again in 30 seconds.

As someone previously said, their customer service is lousy (I emailed Greg about 2 years ago and never received a reply).

I have Inject, Telephoto and Realist, but because of their terrible customer service, plus their lack of maintenance, I will NEVER buy anything from Rostami again. A shame because his name was synonymous with quality.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Yeah. Now it just doesn't work at all. Same with RA
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I needed to reinstall on a new phone but its not on google play site any more. I was considering getting inject but will now not bother, I have emailed and messaged Greg but no reply. using apps, we are all subject to the developer continuing to support the app. If they lose interest we lose our new effect and a not inconsiderable amount of money. This is a HUGE problem with buying/using apps, would you buy a microwave oven if you knew that if the manufacturer got fed up making them yours would just stop working, no, didn't think so, this will definitely stop me from using apps in future
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
DavidMor
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of DavidMor
Telefoto seems to be dead.