The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Puzzle me this... :: Snappers (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Don-G
View Profile
Regular user
Cheshire England
166 Posts

Profile of Don-G
When I was a woodwork teacher I had a class make the snapper before I realise that it could be used as a magic trick, it was in a book of wooden puzzles. Even when they had made the snapper themselves, one or two in the class still tried to hook the plunger onto the elastic band. I now use mine in a Monte routine to make it more of a close up trick. How do you use yours?

Don
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
First time I saw it I was an adult & was shown to me by my friend who had a wooden one. Fooled me I think because I really believed his story about hooking the rubber band that was barely peeking out of the bottom of the plug, the way he twisted the cap trying to catch the R. B. on the hook and his PRESENTATION.

Shows to go you anyone can be fooled bye the simplest of props if the presentation is right!

Have fun,
John
Nothing is better than more.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2003-05-14 16:47, Geoff Weber wrote:
Anyone here own a snapper? My favorite is a snapper I got from a magic set called "Magic by Mr. Creepy" The snapper was shaped like a severed finger. Smile

This is from the same set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_pvZ9VBIt4
ronnyman
View Profile
New user
Indiana
56 Posts

Profile of ronnyman
Quote:
On 2004-01-23 23:46, Gordon wrote:
I like to give snappers away to good friends and clients. Anyone know of an inexpensive quantity source for them?

Alibaba's got some really cheap and of course there's my go to-Ebay. (I really don't work for them!) There's a few stores on there selling snappers wholesale.
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
My father in law made me several in wood years ago. I dug these out a couple weeks ago and have had great fun. Had guests from China with limited English (I have no Mandarin) that laughed over this for half an hour. I owe the originator.

Robert
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Anyone know a good source to buy these in bulk, thanks.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
stanalger
View Profile
Special user
St. Louis, MO
998 Posts

Profile of stanalger
Some might be interested in this:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=......&theater
These snappers are a foot long!
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Whichever Snapper you own ... it's great!
the effect is so overlooked
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Still looking for these in bulk but up till now, no luck :-[
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2725 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Looking for directions for the snapper 2000. I got this at a garage sale. It has an extra piece.

Thanks

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
R. Steiner
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of R. Steiner
I loved the plastic snapper from my childhood. If anyone finds a good bulk option, as George has requested, I would love to learn of it as well.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2780 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Can anyone tell me the name and perhaps value of this snapper? I know how it works, just can't remember the name.

you can just PM me.
thx

Click here to view attached image.
scathmadre
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of scathmadre
Anybody know how to change out the rubber band on the chazpro model?
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
Does anyone know the origin nd history of the snapper puzzle?
Stories....?....That's telling!
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
This is clever invention.
When I was open my magic shop in a mall this is the one of best seller.
It s manufacturing by Chu's Magic from Hong Kong.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Is there any quality brass snappers still being made.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
495 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
The wholesaler E-Z Magic/Robbins (https://www.ezmagicrobbins.com/) sells a version of the Snapper (Snapper Puzzle (FT) - Pack of 144) for under a dollar each, where you buy 144 pieces. I used to have it. It's not the prettiest version, but it works good. However, as with other versions, you should be careful that the spectator doesn't pull out the rubber band.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
The Snapper was one of the first tricks/puzzles I ever bought. Loved it then and still love it now. Lots of fun to do and a real fooler.

I have seen quite a few versions made of plastic, metal, and wood. Some large and some small. I even saw a tiny plastic one. I find that the traditional plastic one still being sold for cheap works as good or better than any others.

Certainly a classic of magic and devilishly clever!