The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Our new arrivals :: Greetings from Germany: Diving into the World of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
SNAFU
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of SNAFU
Hello everyone!
After being a silent reader for a long time, I now want to briefly introduce myself. I have always been interested in magic and about two years ago, I started to dive deeper into the subject. I'm from Germany, and my main interests are in close-up magic and mentalism (it's kind of a love-hate relationship). So far, I have mostly focused on card magic and am currently trying to practice some basic coin sleights. What truly fascinates me is the concept of misdirection or managing the audience's attention. I could spend hours watching videos of Apollo Robbins, and "The Misdirection Session" by James Brown was one of the most interesting videos I have seen. However, I must admit that when performing a trick, I am so focused on the trick itself that I find it challenging to deal with misdirection at the same time. I only perform occasionally for friends and colleagues, so I lack practice ;-)