The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Need help locating an AGT act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Hi, so I watch America’s Got Talent, and a few seasons back, there was an act where one of the judge’s driver’s license ended up in a sealed sofa can. I’m quite certain he used CanTastic, which I own. Now, the tutorial for this trick isn’t great. So I wanted to revisit that act to watch him and possibly discover his method.

Problem is, my Hulu account no longer carries AGT, nor do I know the magician’s name or what season this was from. I’m pretty sure he was a young, Asian kid, but that’s all I got.

Any information will be extremely helpful. I want to add CanTastic to my Christmas show, and really want to perform this version.

Side note: this season, a young magician performed JJ’s Inferno and The Invisible Deck, and everyone was blown away. At first I was bitterly elitist thinking “really?” But thinking about it, it’s great that these tricks are still a mystery so most people. Diving so deep into magic and a magic community, sometimes makes you forget that 99% of people don’t give magic a second thought.
znelson
View Profile
New user
Dallas, TX
50 Posts

Profile of znelson
Was it Maxence Vire?

https://youtu.be/zAR4LWrNYFM
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2778 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Thanks guys, no it wasn’t Maxence. It was a couple or a few seasons before that one. I’ve scowered YouTube for it, but to no avail.

He makes one of their driver’s licenses appear in the unopened soda can, and I really just want to follow the license to see when and how he does the load.
User101
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of User101
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2023, LeoTheJet wrote:
Thanks guys, no it wasn’t Maxence. It was a couple or a few seasons before that one. I’ve scowered YouTube for it, but to no avail.

He makes one of their driver’s licenses appear in the unopened soda can, and I really just want to follow the license to see when and how he does the load.

Have you got mixed up with AGT and Fool Us? Your description matches a magician and effect from there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBDal7hQ6Dg
User101
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of User101
Just watched Fool Us clip,and sorry it;s not what I thought.
MT
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of MT
Can you say something more about this particular magician?
mantel
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2023, User101 wrote:
Have you got mixed up with AGT and Fool Us?

I think LeoTheJet did. As Nash Fung performed the effect on Fool Us.

"the license to soda can trick, it is my own creation and isn't on the market"-Nash Fung

LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Yes, you’re both right. Apparently got AGT and fool us mixed up. The above is exactly the act I was thinking of. Thank you!
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
And while he does claim it’s his own invention (as I’m sure his method most likely is), this can also be done identically with CanTastic. I just need to gimmick a cooler bag.
Torque75
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Torque75
I thought this trick was well done and very interesting.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If you can’t figure the method from just what Penn said I’d be shocked.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Well, lapping and two cans didn’t tell me if he used CanTastic or not. Penn conveniently doesn’t explain that part of the trick. I think he used CanTastic. Regardless, I definitely have been and it’s been an excellent routine.