The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: Who is your hero? (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6141 Posts

Profile of motown
Karrell Fox and Aldo Colombini for their creativity, humor, approach to magic and approachability. Both were very easy to talk to.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
David Copperfield, watching him in my teenage years got me into Magic.

After that, Derren Brown, James Randi and Houdini.

Also David Blaine.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses but I love them all...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
Because there ought to be at least one female in this list; and because she richly deserves to be included:

Frances Ireland Marshall (March 25, 1910 - May 26, 2002) -- an accomplished magicienne, specializing in children's shows; author of several books including the classic memoir "You Don't Have To Be Crazy - But It Helps."

I never saw her perform solo, but she was a frequent asset in others' shows as a truly "lovely assistant," spooling paper serpentines from her mouth and otherwise helping to make the magic happen. She gave me the teenagers' discount on many OTC tricks and gimmicks at the Ireland store on Dearborn in Chicago back in the day, and once she even invited me to attend an after-hours gathering where locals and out-of-towners would demo their latest effects to colleagues in the magic community. I had a boyish crush on her and remember her fondly still after ca. 65 years.
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.
John magic
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of John magic
I’d have to say Goldfinger and dove . I wasn’t into Magic until I saw them perform, they brought some thing to Magic. No one else had done before rhythm.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Doug Henning, for fostering my childhood love of magic.

Penn & Teller, for reacquainting me with magic as an adult.

Ted Annemann for helping me explore the far depths of magic once I got back into it as an adult.

And Eugene Burger for keeping me sane while digging deeply into said magic.

I'd say I owe them all a lot.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*