The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A tangled web we weave... :: Academy of Magical Arts Virtual Magic Classes ... Review? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jkr
View Profile
Regular user
Mn
147 Posts

Profile of jkr
MagicVin,

Thanks for the quick and detailed response! The cost of $350 is very reasonable for live/zoom instruction. The price is on par with what I pay for my daughter’s zoom piano lessons.
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
330 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
Week #4... that's Magic 1 Lesson 4! As I said by this point the basic structure & rhythm of the class has been well established and I like it. I'll go over it again. Class starts with a recap of the lessons from the the previous weeks class. Than there is an opportunity for the students to ask any questions or discuss any issues that may have came up during the past week when practicing (and you really should make sure to practice because like anything else in magic you will only get out of it what you put into it and in my opinion the class is good in that way because they teach enough each week to keep you busy practicing but not so much that you won't be able to devote the time needed for each). Next the instructor will watch all of the students demonstrate the skills/tricks they learned the previous week and give any necessary pointers or feedback. After that the instructor begins teaching the new info for the week. during week 4 we learned 2VERY basic card flourishes and a fun old card trick from royal road, lastly we learned a great rubber band trick. Keeping with the established structure and rhythm first the instructor would show us what ever it was we where about to learn after that he would explain each step in detail followed by each student getting to try as the instructor watched and commented and gave pointers to make sure each student got it before moving on. of corse as the class went on there was discussions on basic principles of magic.
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
330 Posts

Week #5... that's Magic 1 Lesson 5! This week started like the rest, we went over & preformed the things we learned in week 4 than had an opportunity to ask any questions we had as well as get feed back from the instructor. However the rest of this week was a little different from the first 4. Rather than learning 3 or 4 tricks/techniques (like in the prior classes), this whole class was more of a deep dive into the principal/idea of m****ple o**s. The instructor started off by showing us a trick, than explained the principal and how it was applied in this trick, than explained how it can be applied to many different tricks. He went on to preformed the same trick again with another outcome, then a 3rd time with yet another outcome. He then spoke more about how the principle is being applied here and gave some other examples of tricks that use the technique, he also went into how it is really limited only by your imagination as we kind of worked out a loose idea of a trick that this could be applied to. Another difference this week was rather than just having to practice the 3/4 trick or techniques we where taught, this week we had to come up with an original trick employing the principal that we had learned and practice that in order to be prepared to preform it for the class the following week.
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
Thanks for all the updates MagicVin.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
It sounds like a fair price for decent instruction that you say is worthwhile for you. Only thing I would have insisted on beforehand is a curriculum detailing what is going to be taught each week, or at least over the course of the lessons. Understood that plans change as a teacher deals with actual students, but a course outline would be a must for many in terms of deciding which level to enroll in. If they haven't done that yet, they should--it will help people be more willing to commit to a class.
GJo
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of GJo
I appreciate your thread.

Lessons in Conjuring Magic 1 is now in person @$500.

Did you continue with higher levels of the course?
LiesiStudios
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of LiesiStudios
Perhaps I can start this thread back up, or post another if folks are interested. I'm about to begin MAGIC 1 in-person, so if I get any interest from others, I'll post here, if not...it's my secret Smile

Take care!

Quote:
On Feb 4, 2023, GJo wrote:
I appreciate your thread.

Lessons in Conjuring Magic 1 is now in person @$500.

Did you continue with higher levels of the course?
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
330 Posts

Hi, sorry just seeing this. The AMA stopped doing Virtual classes when the world opened back up and so my classes with the AMA stopped since I live on the east coast. I wish everyone good luck if they are taking classes or starting any kind of magic journey. I’m definitely curious to hear how the in person classes are.