The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: What ever happened to Bill Hegbli? (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Does anyone know what happened to Bill Hegbli? He has not posted in a couple of months and he was a guy that posted almost daily. I noticed his absence and am just wondering.

He is a Fort Wayne, IN resident, on the elderly side, and long retired.

I hope he has survived the pandemic and is healthy and doing well.

Thanks
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4856 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I've tried contacting him several times with no response. We used to enjoy arguing with each other.
Where the magic begins
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
822 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
I hope he is ok. I've always enjoyed his tips.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4856 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I haven't received any responses to my messages to him. I did some research and did find a sketchy obituary for a Bill Hegbli, 75 years old in Fort Wayne Indiana. Seems like too much of a coincidence but I'm hoping for the best.
Where the magic begins
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4249 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I had done a similar search and came up empty.

Hope all is well.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Dave sadly that Obituary is most like Bill's. He was 75. I understand had no family. I couldn't find that obit. If you can could you send me a link (or post it here).
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4856 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
It really didn’t say anything except “William Hegbli 75 in Fort Wayne” no details. I tried looking for death certificates but you have to pay to get access to it.
Where the magic begins
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
That has to be our Bill. I know his health wasn’t good and he lived alone in a small apartment with no family to speak of. From what I understood he had few friends. Dick Stoner being one. But Dick is 92 or 93 now and when I called he said he haven’t seen or heard from Bill in two or three years.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4249 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Bill's last post was June of 2022. He joined the Café in September of 2002, and had 22,800 posts...as I recall, most involved offering help and advice. If he has passed, may he rest in peace.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7666 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I sent him a Christmas card as I always did and it did not come back. He is a wealth of knowledge. Let us hope for the best.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3172 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I can't see Bill going this long without posting unless there was a problem. But I too hope for the best.

Tom
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I've tried calling but get the message that the line has been disconnected or no longer in service. Like Richard I sent him a Christmas Card and small novelty gift and it did not come back. He has never been this silent for this long without being banned (and he hasn't been banned). Still hoping for the best.
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Obviously
Miss that old curmudgeon.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2332 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I would be sorry to know that Bill has passed on. He contributed a lot here over the years.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
This makes me sad. I never knew Bill personally, but on the forum he was a wealth of knowledge. Especially in regards to manipulation and general old school showmanship. I'm just a hobbyist, but always founds his tips and insights that he shared here with the community to always be enlightening.
Bob
CDMagic1949
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of CDMagic1949
Colin Haines here, Dick Stoner's grandson. I saw Bill in Stoner's sometime in the last year. He had been suffering from dementia and was aggressive and threatening to become violent to my Grandpa Dick if he saw him again. We at Stoner's haven't heard from him lately, so we don't know if he is around or not,
but we watched him slowly deteriorate over quite a few months which was terribly sad.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7666 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I know his Christmas card was returned.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3226 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Anyone live close enough to visit his home?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Ugh, I'm so sorry. The last of the nightclub act experts. Totally sad, but you guys made his life happy and useful!!! He loved what we do and what we were working on.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2024, CDMagic1949 wrote:
Colin Haines here, Dick Stoner's grandson. I saw Bill in Stoner's sometime in the last year. He had been suffering from dementia and was aggressive and threatening to become violent to my Grandpa Dick if he saw him again. We at Stoner's haven't heard from him lately, so we don't know if he is around or not,
but we watched him slowly deteriorate over quite a few months which was terribly sad.

Oh my... That's sad to know. Smile

I hope he is alright and we are just mistaken.

But if he is no longer with us, I hope he is in a better place now.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-