The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Do Ghosts Sleep? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I was just searching for topics new to me and came up with this thought; "Do Ghosts Sleep?". It struck me as something I haven't heard asked before, and I read a lot. That doesn't mean nobody ever asked this. It just means I haven't heard about it. Originality is important to some of us.

Anyway, with Halloween just around the corner, just think...when we try the Ouija Board or other ways to contact the dead, if we get no response could it be that the dead are sleeping at that time. I mean, our whole lives we sleep some part of each day. When we dream, it is sort of like being only partially asleep. Mightn't it be similar for dead people?

And yes, I'm trying to come up with new patter that will be original with me for Halloween magic. It isn't a lot, I grant you, but it is mine, and as is stated at the start of the movie Big Trouble In Little China, this is how it begins.

And what I'd love to see, instead of people commenting on my idea, would be for those of you who like to invent new patter...to submit some of your own ideas in this vein. Right here.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
And, anyway, I still think wondering if ghosts sleep is a good presentational angle. If you try to do a seance and get a big nothing sandwich, it could be that the ghost you were attempting to contact was sleeping! That's right. Ghosts sleep, just like us. Try to figure out when he or she is not sleeping. The more interesting the material you talk about, the better your mentalism act. But, always remember...people do believe in spirits, they believe in angels, they believe in UFO's, they believe in Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster. (never bring up why they haven't found a Big Foot skeleton)

"Do ghosts sleep?", is a great line, I think.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
If they do sleep, they sleep during the day and are active at night. (Even though I don't really believe in ghosts.) Just looking for patter ideas.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
In the series "Ghosts," the ghosts DO in fact sleep.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
AlxRosekoski
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of AlxRosekoski
I was thinking that maybe you could include something about how ghosts dream and their dreams might affect your seances. You could have something completely random happen and maybe tie it all in with your performance. I know this is a crude idea but I think I maybe could have potential if it was refined. Just an idea.
Peace,
AlxRosekoski