The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers :: Area for discussing kids magic -- look for "The little darlings" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7566 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Just a kind reminder for those new to the KIDabra area of the Magic Café.

You might have stumbled across this area, thinking that it's the main area for discussing kids magic. Perhaps the keywords "Kidshow" or "Family Performers" caught your eye.

The main area for discussing kids magic on The Magic Café is called "The little darlings", and is very active. It's further down the page on the Magic Café.

The area called "KIDabra International" or "The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers" is more about those involved with that club / organization. Yes, there is an organization called "KIDabra International", and they run 2 conferences every year (January and August) in the USA. I've attended 3 of these events, and they were terrific!

More about KIDabra and their conferences is at this link: http://www.kidabra.org/

KIDabra is an organization for performers, much like IBM or SAM is an organization for performers.

I'm not trying to scare off people from having discussions in this area of the Café. I just wanted you to be aware of where the vast majority of conversations about kids magic are taking place. Don't miss out on some great conversations happening in "The little darlings."

- Donald

P.S. My reason for making this post is two-fold. (1) I see some people who are active in conversations here, who I've never seen active in conversations in "The little darlings." Maybe they just don't know about that area. (2) And also, I'm passionate about KIDabra International. I've participated in their conventions, written for the KIDabra Journal (eMagazine that's included as a part of membership), helped to start their Facebook group (very active), etc.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Donald, thanks so much for this info. Without your help, some of us would have not found that. Cheers bro.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
YES! Scroll down two topics, and you will find a thread on "illusion". Youse "new guys" may find some info. that you've never thought of.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
My bad, thank you.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7566 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Bumping this thread.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.