The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Society of Young Magicians! :: Stars of Tomorrow - Orlando 2018 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
The Stars of Tomorrow Show highlights some of the best up-and-coming magicians from ages 7-17. Come check out the future of magic at the Stars of Tomorrow Show! Plus, join us 45 minutes before each evening show when the Stars of Tomorrow Close-up perfomers will be performing in the lobby.

This year’s stars include:

VANESSA TORRE - Milford Connecticut
Vanessa is 14 years old and has been doing magic since she was 7 years old. She got into magic when her dad started pulling quarters out of her ears. Shortly thereafter, she bought her first magic kit at Toys-R-Us. She practiced the tricks and began to perform at family gatherings and parties as well as at school including the school talent show. She has attended Tannen’s Magic Camp and is a member of the Society of Young Magicians attending meetings in New York.

She also enjoys singing, songwriting, lyra and silks (acrobatics), and making balloon animals. She also has a dog named Pepper which she trained to be a therapy dog with the Pet Partner’s Program.

NOLAN SY – Kingsport Tennessee
Following in his brothers’ footsteps Nolan Sy is joining the Stars of Tomorrow Close-up. He is 12 years old and has doing magic for 2 years. He learned from his brother, Kyle and has been mentored by his Dad and members of their magic club. He has performed monthly at our local magic club and just recently performed in the close-up competition at the Winter Carnival of Magic in Pigeon Forge, TN. In addition to magic Nolan also enjoys Star Wars, video games, computer coding, watching YouTube, & attending various conventions.

ELIOT SMITH – Normal Illinois
Eliot has been practicing and performing magic (also cardistry) for almost three years. At 16 he really enjoys learning moves and mastering the trick and enjoys performing for people. Since he started magic, he has done several paid performances for various audiences. Most of his time is spent at the residential high school he attends, so he doesn’t get to perform often. Eliot also loves playing soccer and ultimate frisbee, and practicing diablo.

JACK LONDON
Hi My name is The Amazing Magic Jack London and I've been doing magic for about 3 years, since I was 11. I have been taking lessons with my mentor, Brian LeBoeuf, at my favorite magic shop Big Guy's Magic in Pewaukee, WI. I have been hired to do several performances at schools, birthday parties, corporate and other events.
Last year I performed at the Houdini Club annual convention and Steve Spence (SAM 1st Vice President) came up to me and suggested I apply to perform at SAM because he thought my act would be perfect for the convention. I perform my stage act with my sister Grace who sometimes steals the show. My parents help me build my props including the Instant Assistant act I will be performing for you. We are a builder family. My most recent accomplishment was to win first place and People's Choice at Abbot's Magic Get Together last August. I used the prize money to buy more magic tricks and props, of course. I love performing and doing other things like the high school bowling team, flying drones, casting metal molds with my dad and making 3d models on the 3d printer.

AUTUMN VANVORHIS
I am 15 years old and hold two Prestigious titles: The 2017 Magic Dove Magician of the Year and The 2018 Youth Florida Magician of the Year. ! perform regularly at Magic Dove Magic Shop in their All-Star Program. I am determined to further my career as a magician as I approach my adult life. I am also a regular leader in the SYM #Y143 program and love to teach children, helping to further their magical careers.
Dr. Dan the Magic Man, who is the president of SAM #279: The Ron Ulmer Assembly, helps me the most with my magic. He has been my mentor since I was 7 years old - I've been doing magic for 9 years now and don't plan on stopping anytime soon!

RYAN JACKSON
I am16 years old and live in Essex just outside of London in the UK. From a very young age I have had a love for magic and anything magical. This has led me to having a great passion for performance and sleight of hand, particularly over the past three years. There are several people at The Magic Circle who have been very influential in my development for which I am extremely grateful.
I use many ways of learning - books, DVDs and attending lectures. I prefer learning from books because they allow me to put my own style and presentation on new effects and also to study the classics of magic.

I am a member of The Mid Essex Magical Society (MEMS) and attend every week - The President John O'Riordan has been a great coach and mentor to me. I feel very proud as I often close the shows with my stage act. I take every opportunity that I can to promote the art of magic in a positive way.

I joined The Young Magicians Club (Youth Initiative of the Magic Circle) in July 2016. In 2017, I made it through to both the stage & close up competition finals and was delighted to win both which has never been achieved before – I was also presented with the honour of The Member of The Year Award 2017. I have performed a total of nine times at The Magic Circle on the main stage, including being the first magician to perform in The Ali Bongo Show for two consecutive months.

EXCELLENT ELIZABETH
I am Excellent Elizabeth and I am entering sixth grade at Liberty Benton schools in Findlay Ohio. I am in the gifted program and I enjoy piano lessons, girl scouts, dance and of course magic! I play soccer as my sport. I practice magic with my grandparents. We have fun together learning new routines!
2018 Scholarship award to Magi Fest
2017 Third Place all school Talent Show
2016 Second Place Liberty Benton Talent Show
2017 Free performance at Leipsic Community Dinner
2017 Findlay Art Walk
2016 Findlay Art Walk

GARY WANG
I'm a 15 year old guy. I stared learning magic when I was 12. My teacher were helping me to enter the competitions and shows. I do really enjoy the feeling of aclaim by the audience. I also love to act, write song lyrics and write horror stories. I want to be an actor in the future. The reason why I like to be on the stage is because I can see the other side of myself on the stage.

AARON LISS
My favorite hobby is magic which I have been doing seriously since I was 12 years old. As a magician, I first specialized in close-up card magic. I was honored to be a close-up Star of Tomorrow at the Society of American Magicians' annual Magic Convention 2016 in Indianapolis. In school, I teach magic to middle school students in a credit elective class that I founded and developed. First term, I had a dozen students and in the subsequent term 18 students enrolled. I enjoy practising, performing, and inventing my own tricks. My magic students and I like to perform in the community: for example, at the Children's Hospital and Senior Centers. The Maryland State Legislature presented me with a citation for combining magic and public service.

Bethesda Magazine selected me for an Extraordinary Teen Award in their March 2017 issue. Honestly, I was more excited that our SAM Dean, George Schindler, complimented my magic skills in the article than I was to win the award!

MC - MANDY DAVIS (over 40!)
Hi - I’m very excited to be producing the Stars of Tomorrow show because you have such talented young people to showcase! Besides being a professional close up and parlour performer I created monthly all-day workshops for the Young Magicians Club, part of The Magic Circle’s Youth Initiative. I ran the workshops for eleven years and some of our top young professionals started their careers from there. You have met some of them at your conventions over the years - Megan Knowles Bacon who is now the first female Secretary of The Magic Circle and Ed Hilsum who won our prestigious Stage Magician of the Year competition last month.
Working with your juniors is exciting and fun - they have great acts and I’m sure you’ll love them all!
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1169 Posts

Profile of Russo
RALPH ROUSSEAU DAVENPORT FL. NEEDS INFO FROM FL SAM,"CHAPLIN"- IMPORTANT -- CAREGIVER
HOME 24-7 PLEASE CALL 863-420-2349 6 AM - 9 PM I'LL ANSWERE;OR;LEAVE MESAGE-- I NO LONGER -HAVE COMPUTOR ACCESS
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I just read this. I don't have your address. I'll be calling you.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of Russo
Dick did call me and had a long talk - he sent me his Book - Dick, you are missed
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of Russo
Any YOUNG MAGICIANS around ?? Nothing here for over a year.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of Russo
Again, another year passes, NO YOUNG MAGICIANS - where are you ?