The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: WANTED REVIEW FOR- Sol Stone's Quick & Casual Close Up dvd (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
I saw an online demo of this material and would very much like a THOROUGH review on this item.
Is the material on it killer stuff?
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
George,
Sol's DVD is filled with "quick & casual" sleights and tricks, just like the title states; I purchased the DVD mostly for a record of this master performing, I was pleased with some of his coin moves; Sol has a very pleasing, "soft" approach handling coins, etc.; Curtis Kam gives him credit for one of the sleights used in a Palms of Steel DVD;

Killer stuf, not in my opinion, but if you like coin magic, this may wet your appetite to seek more of Sol's work;

Also, do a search, find the posting on Sol's escapades during his capture by the Germans durring WWII; makes for an interesting read;
BWind
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Quote:
On 2005-01-14 07:08, GeorgeSantos wrote:
I saw an online demo of this material and would very much like a THOROUGH review on this item.
Is the material on it killer stuff?

Foremost, I will say that I enjoy my Sol Stone DVD, and it is one I will keep in my collection. I wouldn't classify the material as "killer," but I would go so far as to say that much of it is very practical and workable.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Thank you guys. This dvd will be my next investment. I see you consider him as a very nice person with great work. For sure his a great illusionist.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17430 Posts

Profile of joseph
This is the way I think magic (especially coins) should be performed; Slowly, as Sol does it, and still fool badly......
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Sol Stone has a wonderful effect in Quick and Casual Close-Up. I think it is called the worlds greatest chaperone.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
So far I remember, this is the first magic video I ever had....
I learn every tricks on this video....
So Stone is amazing......