The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I'm a real boy! :: Headliners for Axtell Latex Puppets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I would like some advice on the Headliners that Axtell sells for the latex puppets. They go in the head of the puppet and are supposed to absorb sweat and improve the fit of your hand among other claims.

Do any of you use these, or do you prefer not to?

The lower part of the mouth in my puppet is rather large for me, and there is some "slack" space around my thumb. I'm thinking that maybe a liner might help to tighten the fit some so the movement of the mouth could be controlled easier.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Regan
Mister Mystery
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I have a friend who uses these and swears by them. He says it's a lot more pleasant to work with than sweaty latex.
I didn't know they where called headliners though, I originally thought this post was about puppets getting unto the front page of the Times.

George
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Funny George. maybe I should have thought of a different title.

Thanks for the info. I am probably going to give them a try. They are inexpensive, washable, and removeable, so I can't really come up with a reason not to try them. Well, other than the fact that I am afraid I will be tempted to buy another puppet if I place an order with Axtell.

Regan
Mister Mystery
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
226 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
Just a thought here. By using the liner it might help slow down any deterioration of the latex as it is not exposed to the oils and sweat from your hand. Not sure but seems like a good investment to me Smile

I am still trolling Steves site trying to decide on a puppet. I like the Nervous rat and a few others.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Regan,

I bought a set of headliners for my Axtell puppets and didn't like them at all. I've never used them. That doesn't mean they won't work for you. Obviously many people like them, but they didn't feel right for me.

If you want mine you can have them for half price. I only see one right now. Try one and see if you like it. If not, no charge, just shipping. (Which shouldn't be much. It's very light.)

Oliver
Whitewolfny
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Whitewolfny
Hi Oliver,
You are one of the main reasons I like visiting this Café. Freindly, nice, generous people. What a nice gesture on your part. Have a great day.
Braxton Mannar
<BR>Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks Smile
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Whitewolfny,

I appreciate your comment and I agree. I've learned a lot from other helpful performers on this site. In fact I learn something useful almost every day so I'm glad to reciprocate when I can.

Oliver
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
I use the headliners in my birds but in the bear the nose is to small. They help especially when my hands sweat and it does not allow my hand to slip. I really love them but it comes down to personal choice. ChuckLyons
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks for the responses.

Oliver, that certainly was a nice gesture, but I already ordered a set of 3 from Axtell. I wish I would have seen this earlier. I have been so busy with my new assignments that I hadn't had time to visit here. Thanks anyway, I really do appreciate the offer.

Regan
Mister Mystery