The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Color Changing Suit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
linkinparkfan
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, Arizona
14 Posts

Profile of linkinparkfan
I have a question and i hope someone can help:
i was in Vegas once and saw someone do a series of fast suit changes and i was wondering if anyone knows someone who made these.
I don't have many details except it is a really fast change and it only changes color.

if anyone knows anyone i can contact please e-mail me or make post
Thanx Smile
"Magic is like the water after a race, it is both necessary and refreshing" - Anthony (me)lpxtremefan@linkinpark.com
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
I forget the name of this act... I believe they are from Europe (Russia)??? You might check with the folks @ the KJMagic forums... I think Kevin met and got to know these guys and carries, from time to time, some of their effects (including a very cool Spirit Table)

Long story short however, the quick change used is THEIRS and to my understanding NOT AVAILABLE to anyone else... at least, not for now.

European magicians tend to strive towards a stronger sense of personal novelty and retaining that novelty vs. the American standard of copying anything we feel like doing (especially if we saw it on a recent Tv special). Though it's not so common now, there was a time when magician's would kill others that "borrowed" their ideas or replicated their act in any way.

Smile It's so sad to see the old ways die out as they have... they had their good points Smile
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
On 2002-09-10 13:31, Darmoe wrote:

Long story short however, the quick change used is THEIRS and to my understanding NOT AVAILABLE to anyone else... at least, not for now.

European magicians tend to strive towards a stronger sense of personal novelty and retaining that novelty vs. the American standard of copying anything we feel like doing (especially if we saw it on a recent Tv special). Though it's not so common now, there was a time when magician's would kill others that "borrowed" their ideas or replicated their act in any way.

Smile It's so sad to see the old ways die out as they have... they had their good points Smile

A freiend of mine who does a quick change act in Belgrade bought his act from the Russian team "The Rogovs". He paid A LOT of money for the costumes. he had a whole new set of costumes made according to his assistants in Belgrade, by a seamstress there. It took A LONG LONG time to complete the clothes.
The seamstress was recently enticed into letting out the secret to another magician and now the word is spreading... a great shame for a lot of hard work has been lost - just for a few minutes of pleasure Smile
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
So true! Not to mention how much quick change clothing (even basic break away stuff) cost these days.

It's right up there with the whole thing I brought out on Mr. Tilford's willingness to support theives that knock off designers and the low life slugs buying such, knowing they're just as guilty of theft as the builder and Doug.

Dang it! What gives people the right to think they're so darn special that they don't have to invest the time, research and creative effort WE put into our effects? Don't WE (the creative minds of magic) deserve some kind of compensation for what we've willingly shared? Don't you, as a supposed performing ARTIST, deserve that sense of elevation in your role, from being more original vs. a petty theif that can only copy and mimic those that took the chance?

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Several years ago, the Drum Corps "Phantom Regiment" did a costume color change in the course of their show. They marched behind a small phone booth sized veil and emerged with different colored uniforms. It was quite a site. They also made the entire group disappear from the field as the finale to their show. I'd love to know who their magic consultant was.

*NOTE: For those of you not familiar with Drum Corps, check http://www.dci.org for more info if you're interested.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Wally and I do a quick change at the end of our opening number. I have to say we did it all wrong. Hindsite 20*20.

If you just start trying I am sure you will figure out what is best. The one piece of advice I will give you is stay away from velcro. That stuff will re-seal on you, slowing you down it the process.

Sillily, Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.