The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: What do you think of this Bill trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
pedrothegreat
View Profile
New user
Southampton - UK
50 Posts

Profile of pedrothegreat
Ron, is this available from you now? (sorry if that is an obvious question, it is late and I am easily confused!) If it is then it is perfect timing Smile

I am just learning the signed bill to kiwi routine by Carl Cloutier. This sounds like the perfect opening to that effect.
pedrothegreat

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public

don't have a magic website but i have a cool car styling website at www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I finally got the PDF finished and it's now available on my site (Link in my signature below). There are lots of images in the instructions. Took quite a while to put it all together.

Remember, you'll need a mismade bill to construct the gimmick.

Let me know if you have any questions. The name of the trick is:

Change for a Dollar?

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I picked up some mismade $5 bills and made one into this trick. So I can now barrow a one or a five to do it. Be neat to find a mismade $100 but I won't think the effect would be worth that price.. Smile

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2005-11-27 14:32, Jaxon wrote:
I picked up some mismade $5 bills and made one into this trick. So I can now barrow a one or a five to do it. Be neat to find a mismade $100 but I won't think the effect would be worth that price.. Smile
Ron Jaxon

Can I ask you where did you find the $5 mismade bills? Thanks. I looked at your new effect and it's great! It'd be nice if you can teach how to make a $1 mismade bill.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Ron,
It occurs to me that if you aren't passing the bill for examination that you could make up your own mismade bill by cutting up a solid one. Would that work?
TexasMagicman
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of TexasMagicman
The Effect was very nice indeed. Nice handling.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
-evolve629
I got my mismade $5 from a local magician friend. He just happened to have a couple and I bought one from him. I know they are available from some magic dealers.

-wsduncan
It seems like that would work but I don't think it would look all that good that way. The tape and glue it would take would make the mismade bill look funny and become thicker. Give it a try if you want though. I may be wrong.

The easiest way to make your own mismade bills is to buy a sheet of uncut bills. You can buy them in any denomination I believe. They'll just cost more for the larger ones of course.

It is possible to make this trick with a printer. I had originally thought about making these available that way. But all the printers I tried (My own, friends and even tried a print shop) didn't turn out all that good. They could pass in some situations if the lighting is right but you can see the pixels to clearly for my taste. Plus the paper wears out much faster then real money paper. On the other hand they would be cheap to make. If someone picked up my E-book they can see exactly how it's put together. Print it out and cut it into shape. But that would take a little work. If someone decides to try it I'd love to see the end results.

Ron Jaxon

EndlessWonders
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of EndlessWonders
I agree with twistedace, as well as having seen Ron demonstrate this illusion, I perform it as well. I have never had anyone ask me or have seen to ask Ron to see the bill. I mean lets face it, were talking a lay audience right, your borrowing their bill, and performing an effect, and giving it back... so actually you are giving it back out for examination and better, they get to keep it.

Hats off Jax.....
Chris Hickmott

"Cross Into Another Dimension"
www.endlesswonderproductions.com
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I am interested in this version of Mismade Bill,but I have a question for the performer's who borrow a bill....How do you deal with the fact that the condition of the borrowed bill may not match the condition of your mismade bill?

I perform Mismade bill using a TT all the time,but I never borrow a bill for this reason.

Rich
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Wow! very nice!
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
It's great! I like that presentation which makes the effect happen as if "just a little illusion on your way to the other effect". Chances are that this is this little by-play that people will remember.

BTW, does anyone know if good mismade bills are available in Euro currency?

Cheers,
Jonathan.