The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Nikko Ball? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Hello, Does anybody use one of these I think I got the name right, a Nikko Ball. the description sounds like it's a bare handed production is it any good? I would like to get one.

Best,

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This very old gimmick is more for the collector. As any good magician would not really use one in the real world. It is nothing more then a hank ball with a stem.

This is my take on this gimmick. I got mine from Owen's Magic, Viking Magic is currently making them also.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
You can also get one from Denny and Lee Magic. I use one in combo with a hank ball vanish.
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
Bill's right. It's been replaced largely by the hank ball and Stillwell ball. However, it has possibilities. Rice's Encyclopedia Volume 1 or 2 has a routine using a handkerchief to produce a second large handkerchief using a Nikko ball in a unique way.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
This is the season to make your own one of these, except better. Go to WalMart and look at the plastic Easter eggs.

(Krylon will paint this plastic.)

Then Scheme!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Good idea Bob. Craft stores have a paper mache egg that is brown in color. It is easier to hide than a flourscent orange egg in your hand.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2005, Bob Sanders wrote:
This is the season to make your own one of these, except better. Go to WalMart and look at the plastic Easter eggs.

(Krylon will paint this plastic.)

Then Scheme!

Bob
Magic By Sander

Will the pressure of multiple silks cause the plastic to burst, or stretch causing problems with the silk removal?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Harry Kellar naned this "accessory" after his pet cat.

Kellar worked on a proscenium stage and did a lot of stuff that couldn't be done, given the conditions that most performers face today.

I just read: "Howie Didit performs the tricks and then teaches the kids "Howie Didit""

Sorry, but I am not an exposer, so I'll say no more.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK