The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: dove pan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
KHER
View Profile
New user
Kher Cheng Guan
48 Posts

Profile of KHER
I was thinking of making my own dove pan. Can someone tell me briefly how does the clip-on
work?
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
From my experience building props, a dove pan is one prop that I would not attempt to build myself. The tolerances are very close. I tried to repair a cheaply made version that was broken, and had a very difficult time setting the correct alignment and tension.

Building one from scratch would be a most difficult challenge, even with a good metal working tools.
Doug
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
533 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
And if you get one, get one with the lid that is cone shaped and not the one with the lid with straight sides INDENTICAL in shape to the pan. A bit of a tip off there.
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Some props I would not build and this is one of them. It would probably be easier and cheaper to just buy a Dove Pan. If a Dove Pan is too expensive for you then maybe you should think about buying a smaller sized one like a Chick Pan or one of the Cupcake or Micro Mini Pans that's even smaller than a Chick Pan. These are dirt cheap!
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Ditto all the above. Buy a cheap one to learn the method and construction needs. If you still want to tackle the project, you can always resell the other.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Michael said it all, cause it is almost impossible for you to build one after reading few of our posts, try to get one and then it would be lot more easyer for you to build another. Good luck with that anyway Smile
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I am in total agreement with everyone here. Building a dove pan would be difficult and I would never attempt it myself. If you do attempt to build one, please let us know how it goes.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Its been four years from that post, do you think he knows 50,000 ways how not to make a Dove Pan. Smile

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
... and still learning?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
....or maybe he's still working on the first one.
Mister Mystery