The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Everything old is new again :: Anverdi Chink a Chink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rexgetz
View Profile
New user
Manhattan, Ks.
84 Posts

Profile of rexgetz
I have a really old set of Anverdi chink a chinks---can anyone tell me anything about them? thanks for the help.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27305 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
They are nice, grey, hello sticker with red design on top. magnetic lock on the thing. they came to america about 1977.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Anverdi? I thought they were Eddy Taytelbaum's.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
rexgetz
View Profile
New user
Manhattan, Ks.
84 Posts

Profile of rexgetz
The instruction sheet says Anverdi--original instructions. Anyone have any idea as to their value? Originally came from Joe Stevens.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Eddy made some, so did Anverdi, so did Tonny van Rhee. Ren Clark had more than one set of them.

Ask Kenna Thompson about their value http://www.ktmagic.com
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27305 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I paid 27.50 for a set back when they arrived.
And a connie hayden expanded half was 12.50 at the time.
:)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
I loved the Conrad Hayden stuff. I went to Florida once trying to track down his lathe so I could buy it. He lived in Ormond Beach. I know Pete Biro actually knew Hayden. His machine work, flawless as far as I could see. I still have a number of Hayden coins and some other brass rod work. One of my inspirations.
-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
rexgetz
View Profile
New user
Manhattan, Ks.
84 Posts

Profile of rexgetz
Thanks guys for all of the information. I have had this set since the early 70's.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Tab... yep, Ormond Beach, FL... went there a few times... I got THE LAST TWO holdouts he made (gave one to Tomsoni) and I still have a drawer full of his coins.

Haden made the ORIGINAL dove cage for Channing Pollock (the one so many have copied, you put the doves in and cover 'em and take the cover forward and toss it into the air and the birds have "flown the coup!"

Nowlin Craver has the BEST all time gag with this trick... I won't tip it, but believe me IT KILLS... I still laugh about it when I think of it.

stay tooned
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have seen Nowlin's gag with this. It's top notch.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
I remember Nowlin Craver from the IBM contests. Funny young man. Always enjoyed his act. He worked very hard at making good magic. I wish there was more information out there about Conrad Haden but if there is I haven't found it. I couldn't even find out where his metal cutting gear went.
-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com